Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Sandbox Campaign Mod 0.2 Released

Default The Sandbox Campaign Mod 0.2 Released

What this mod does, it deletes all alliances,trade agreements, historical grievances ,... for the grand campaign.
    This should in theory lead to a more diversified campaign experience.

Update to 0.2 released

It is now compatible with IS 2.1 (based on the full AI startpos.esf)

Installation:

Just put the startpos.esf file into your campaign directory.

If you have any thoughts or comments on this mod, let me know.

(This is just a reminder for me )
    -----------
    Initial Release - 48V
    -----------
    fixed a nasty bug, added full support for IS 2.1
    Last edited by mithrawnundo; October 25, 2009 at 06:32 PM.

Default Re: The Sandbox Campaign Mod

cool, too bad i use IS ...

works well with IS 2.1

sgt_melin's Avatar Semisalis

this looks like cool mod, you mean that you dont have any ide at all what will happens in the beginning, as you ALLWAYS more or less know now. cool..must try

Quote Originally Posted by unholy182000 View Post
    works well with IS 2.1
    IS has its own startpos so this mod will replace whatever changes IS made in that file (admiralty for Denmark, starting buildings, etc)

also I just tried it with IS2.1 as United Provinces and the trade is totally broken - diplo screen shows no active trade agreements (or anything at all besides war with pirates) but the game thinks all my trade route slots are full and won't let me open any.

however, the trade screen shows the 3 trade routes that UP normally gets (Marathas, UK, something else) and the national overview says I'm getting income from these 3 phantom trade routes.

Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    IS has its own startpos so this mod will replace whatever changes IS made in that file (admiralty for Denmark, starting buildings, etc)

also I just tried it with IS2.1 as United Provinces and the trade is totally broken - diplo screen shows no active trade agreements (or anything at all besides war with pirates) but the game thinks all my trade route slots are full and won't let me open any.

however, the trade screen shows the 3 trade routes that UP normally gets (Marathas, UK, something else) and the national overview says I'm getting income from these 3 phantom trade routes.
    I play with great britain right now don't know about denmark but other things not happening to me.Right now there is a big Spain-France war going on and i'm an ally to France and Maratha.No bug in trade either.

I changed startpos in data\campaigns\imperial_splendour not every other startpos.

I have been away for the weekend, but I will soon upload an update which will include three different startpos files : one for IS, one for DarthMod and one for Vanilla.

Don't know about the UP bug, but will have a look at it.

Default Re: The Sandbox Campaign Mod 0.2 Released

Might take a while until I can release a DMUC file, but other files are uploaded. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by mithrawnundo View Post
    Don't know about the UP bug, but will have a look at it.
    it's fixed in the new IS version - I can make trade routes on turn 1, and trade income is 0.

edit: pirates and Barbary States are at peace with everyone. is this intended?
    Last edited by Griz; October 25, 2009 at 09:26 PM.

this is awesome, France and Spain went to war in 1702. I'm abusing the passive pirates by spamming tradeships, but the AI is doing it too.

pirates and Barbary States are at peace with everyone. is this intended?

Yes. I have experienced the pirates/Barbary States to be a real problem for the trade of the CAI (not so much for the player), so I "disabled" them. I'm thinking about kicking the pirates out of the game alltogether (maybe giving their islands to the barbary states?) . But this will need more testing/feedback to evaluate the consequences.

Future Plans:

-Destroy each and every Army to get a feel for the balance - ingame
    -Destroy each and every building to get a feel for the balance - ingame
    -Adjust campaign_difficulty settings to be more challenging for the player (not by making the AI spam unit stacks, if possible)
    -Design historically (in)accurate scenarios on the campaign map which offer different challenges to the player
    - more to come ...

If you have any suggestions which might fit into my evil master scheme, feel free to post

I'll give it a try, I like playing in a sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by mithrawnundo View Post
    Yes. I have experienced the pirates/Barbary States to be a real problem for the trade of the CAI (not so much for the player), so I "disabled" them. I'm thinking about kicking the pirates out of the game alltogether (maybe giving their islands to the barbary states?) . But this will need more testing/feedback to evaluate the consequences.

Future Plans:

-Destroy each and every Army to get a feel for the balance - ingame
    -Destroy each and every building to get a feel for the balance - ingame
    -Adjust campaign_difficulty settings to be more challenging for the player (not by making the AI spam unit stacks, if possible)
    -Design historically (in)accurate scenarios on the campaign map which offer different challenges to the player
    - more to come ...

If you have any suggestions which might fit into my evil master scheme, feel free to post
    Yes more of that.

I'm having issues with this mod. When I download it, it opens up as 7z file. I tried upzipping and it continues to unzip as a 7z file.

HOw do I make it the correct file and what folder does it go in for Windows XP

You have to unzip it once. (using the 7z program)

Then put the startpos.esf in the same folder where your old startpos is. ( campaigns/mod/... )

I moved the file into C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main and took out the other startpos.esf file and when i started a campaign, I CTD. Did i put it in the wrong folder?
    Last edited by Minuteman21; October 28, 2009 at 08:04 AM.

Woot, an IS Version now, tya !!!

Try to put it inside the main2 folder and see what happens, I would test it myself but I'm rather busy right now sorry

OK, I'll try that. At work now, so it'll have to wait.

Thanks

where is the main2 folder?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast