Thread: How do I "neutralise" Vanilla music or is it impossible?

Default How do I "neutralise" Vanilla music or is it impossible?

Hi, before 1.4 and 1.5 I had merged two music mods, the campaign music from Uncle Tuca and the loading screen music from TROM. It worked perfectly and it overwrote the vanilla music completly.

But now it won't work... The menu music over all things doesn't change at all! There stays this warpath menu with that shite natives music! (I don't mind the orange theme, though I wouldn't say no, if I could get rid of it, but the music is so *** annoying! I want to listen to Haendel's Watermusic instead.)

The music for the loading screen will play, but since 1.4 or 1.5 the vanilla music will also be played... So I have two pieces playing at the same time while in loadingscreen. You bet, it can't stay that way.

The campaign music works allright suprisingly. I didn't test much, but as I experienced it, there are no overlapping music tunes anymore. I'm not sure if some vanilla sounds are still appearing, but that's not big of a deal, when the other baroque music also give their appearance.

So simply put: How do I delete the vanilla music, so I only hear ONE music piece at the time while loading and how do I get rid of the Kingdoms Americas Campaign music at the menü?

Default Re: How do I "neutralise" Vanilla music or is it impossible?

What about looping battle music? I read somewhere that something has to be hex edited to stop mid-song looping...

Maybe you are interested in this mod I did, called HEROIC MUSIC; it changes the original music for classical themes and historical/action films music.

I also edited the "sound_events" in hexadecimal, which controls everything about the sound, I removed the loop and improve the volume of the tracks.

If you want more information let me know

asmorrey1's Avatar Tiro

Brigadier Graham sir, when using your overhaul mod, that stupid warpath tribal music still plays during battles now and then... is there a way to remove this from battles too?