First of all, the things i like:
- The Tech Tree ... i waited sooo hard for this
- Units can hide in buildings and behind walls ...yes yes yes
- Sea Combat ... no auto resolve diseasters anymore
- fewer fantasy units (just bought it and started the campaign ... first 30 rounds rounds and custom battles)
I reinstalled Rome too and shook my head when i saw Sreeching Women, Burning Pigs, Gladiators, Druids
What could be improved
- greater impact of terrain on the outcome of battles:
- More Terrain: Swamps for example. Nearly impossible to square with horses ... Slows infantry down
- More impact of the weather on battles: Fog reduces line of sight and accuracy of weapons. Troops move slower in the rain.
- you shouldn't be able to zoom very close to distant enemy units or see what exact unit it is.
- A line of sight. When none of your units can see an enemy unit you don't see them on the minimap.
So you can hide units behind hills or behind walls of houses.
- Some towns should look more like the real ones ... I attacked Venice and ... well i know Venice and it doesn't look like that ^^
- That was the first part