Thread: RS 1.6 Question

Default RS 1.6 Question

I have seen from the threads that I need to uninstall 1.5c. Is this as simple as deleting them, or do I need to actually remove all of RTW and reload it? I don't see an uninstall when I look at my RTW folder.

I am thinking this is the case, but was wondering if someone can confirm.

Default Re: RS 1.6 Question

I'm not totally sure, but i think you will have to uninstall everything-i dont think there is a way of just deleting the old version of RS.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Depends on what you did when installing 1.5c. If you made a copy of the Rome - Total War directory and installed RS into the copy then just delete the RS directory. If you didn't make a copy of the Rome - Total War directory then uninstall and re-install RTW as per the instructions for the mod.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Medieval American's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by thebull0425 View Post
    I have seen from the threads that I need to uninstall 1.5c. Is this as simple as deleting them, or do I need to actually remove all of RTW and reload it? I don't see an uninstall when I look at my RTW folder.

I am thinking this is the case, but was wondering if someone can confirm.
    \

Yeah you have to totally uninstall RTW to get RS 1.6 to work.

Download & Installation

WARNING: This mod will break Vanilla and BI and is not compatible with any other mod!

Roma Surrectum Build 1.6 is a full conversion of RTW built to run on RTW version 1.5. (Barbarian Invasion is not necessary for this mod to work). To install Roma Surrectum 1.6 you need:

1. Install of Rome Total War
    2. (Optional) Install Barbarian Invasions
    3. Check your version of RTW by running Rome Total War (not BI if installed) and looking in the top right of the Options menu
    4. If your version is NOT 1.5, patch to 1.5 (or 1.6 if you installed BI)
      NOTE: If the version you see is 1.0, 1.1, or 1.2 this will require you to install patch 1.3 first
    5. (Optional) Install Alexander
    6. Install Roma Surrectum 1.6.exe into your ‘RTW’ folder with the exe(s) (NOT THE DATA FOLDER)

Tesla's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Medieval American View Post
    \
    Yeah you have to totally uninstall RTW to get RS 1.6 to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqυιd View Post
    Depends on what you did when installing 1.5c. If you made a copy of the Rome - Total War directory and installed RS into the copy then just delete the RS directory. If you didn't make a copy of the Rome - Total War directory then uninstall and re-install RTW as per the instructions for the mod.
    I didn't completely uninstall rtw, did so as squid posted. rs1.6 works fine

I uninstalled, and installed, and force diplomacy still doesn't work. I reset the advisor, I clicked on the question mark, and the show me how link is blank, I can't click on it. Am I doing something wrong?

Lupus's Avatar Tiro

I made another copy of clean RTW and installed RS1.6 to that. Now, I have both 1.5 and 1.6 running with no problems.

My campaign was too developed to give it up.

It did kick my 1.5 desktop icon in the nuts, though. Make a new one, rename the pathway and voila!