Thread: New faction logos

BReal's Avatar Laetus

Default New faction logos

So, I know Y2day's creating his own set of the shields (+ much more visual enchantment) which will use the original shape, but what I am creating is different; I will remain true (as much as possible) to the original faction logos (unless people demand change :p) but I will change the shape to round.

I still have so little to show, so much to do, but I will update the front page as I progress.

Finished:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Note: Unfortunately for some reason I can't make the small shields seen in custom battle -screen work, so they'll stay as original...

Concept:

Where it all started; It was just some random Photoshop work which I decided to get into M2TW and it's progressed into what you see now
    Last edited by BReal; October 20, 2009 at 01:28 PM.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: New faction logos/shields/whatever?

What faction is that for? A vanilla faction or one you're making? It looks very nice.

BReal's Avatar Laetus

Well, the lion is from Norways coat of arms, and I think I might change the ingame one to that as that lion was adopted in the beginning of the 13th century (Wikipedia)
    And thank you

See Y2day, he's the master at making new faction symbols, thats if he's not too busy

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

And thank you
    no problem

BReal's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Scarface View Post
    See Y2day, he's the master at making new faction symbols, thats if he's not too busy
    Ah yes, I have seen those already and I must admit that they're very nice, but what I'm thinking is a bit different. What I'm about to do is change the shape of the shield to round.

Also what I'm thinking about is make the shape based on the factions most common or most unique shield, but that would make it maybe a bit odd. I dunno. Atm I'm only testing these.

Btw, here's one ingame:

And as I had feared, they show up quite blurry :/
    EDIT: Although the blurriness of the image might be because of my high resolution (1920x1080). Go figure :/
    EDIT 2: In Grand Campaign menu
    Last edited by BReal; October 18, 2009 at 06:48 AM.

BReal's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: New faction logos

Updated: 12 out of 25 are now finished. Created 4 more tonight (Portugal, Byzantium, Moors and Egypt) and with this pace I'll be done with the first part (that being creating the symbols and adding them to the menus) very soon

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Breal, nice looking shields. If you need any help please let me know. I can help you figure out what files do what if you like. The best way to figure out the files would be to download my submod and check out the files for yourself.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

BReal's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by y2day View Post
    Breal, nice looking shields. If you need any help please let me know. I can help you figure out what files do what if you like. The best way to figure out the files would be to download my submod and check out the files for yourself.
    Thanks . I'm aware of what goes where, but the problem is this:

As you can see, the shadow of the original shield is still there, and I can't find the file where it's changed. If it's inside one of the stratshared.tga's, It's almsot impossible to find it :S

EDIT: Nevermind, out of my own stupidity I didn't realize to even check the "channels window" where I found the Alpha channel lol
    Last edited by BReal; October 20, 2009 at 04:58 PM.