Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [New Release!] Roma Surrectum 1.6

Souka's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: [New Release!] Roma Surrectum 1.6

I downloaded the installer from megaupload and it crashed on startup, download works from filefront though

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Then you installed the megaupload version incorrectly or it was corrupted in download. I have personally download both of them and installed both of them and they both work.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Souka's Avatar Semisalis

Using win7 64bit i've got a clean RTW installation with Alex, and the install crashes, with multiple errors.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

And none of that changes the points I raised. You also haven't said what the errors are. The current filefront download is the megaupload download because I downloaded from megaupload and re-uploaded to filefront, so I know for a fact the two files are identical.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Souka's Avatar Semisalis

The error i get is: Access violation at address 770D1674 in module 'USP10'. Read of addres 00100000.

I'll try with a new fresh install, must've screwed something up.

Mr.Gorby's Avatar Semisalis

Hi. Thanks for mod, but here we have found constant CTD in the north of Parfii, in a city which I to you have screen.

Last edited by Mr.Gorby; October 22, 2009 at 02:34 PM.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gorby View Post
    Hi. Thanks for mod, but here we have found constant CTD in the north of Parfii, in a city which I to you have screen.

What is the CTD?

Quote Originally Posted by Sqυιd View Post
    What is the CTD?
    At attempt to enter into fight on tactics, in the city. And it is simple in a city not to come to look.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Can you take a screenshot of the error message (if any) that occurs?

Unfortunately -nm -show_err -mod a cause of error does not show.
    It is better to you most to try to come into this town, and to look.

Ок. One friend has found it seems the reason of this error. Here look.

In any other town, there is no allocated red a fragment.

Since it is established that the start occurs not because of any units from garrison (viewing of city already won by autofight takes off as) I assume what exactly in buildings a problem.
    http://pikucha.ru/183440/1.jpg

Last edited by Mr.Gorby; October 22, 2009 at 03:37 PM.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

That's an RTW problem not an RS1.6 problem, those recruitment lines are only there if there is no barracks in the settlement, but if you right click on them in order to view the unit details it will CTD. Since the free people are not playable I figured it would OK to create the building as I have done so, but I forgot you could still view building details though the pre-battle window.

pbwu1f's Avatar Civis

I'm liking this MOD. I played 1.5 when it came out, and it didnt really keep me playing. Then the other day i saw that there was and 1.6 and i was pretty happy. I really like the way things look in 1.6. All i got to do now is play this until RS2.0 comes out. nice

Roma...will....fall.

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Sqυιd View Post
    The installer now automatically renames the file in question so the RS1.5c sounds will be heard. There was no new music or sounds added to 1.6 that was not previously in 1.5c.
    So, now we have music? I Must Downloadit again?
    Last edited by Squid; October 23, 2009 at 10:11 AM.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Choki View Post
    So, now we have music? I Must Downloadit again?
    Music no, that was a mistake, but sounds yes. Many of the units in RS did not exist in vanilla RTW so they made no sounds during battle. All units now make sounds during battle, and there are new horn sounds. All of these are now automatically enabled because the installer takes care of it. All the new sounds were in 1.5c, and are included in 1.6, but there are no new sounds or music from 1.6 that were not previously heard in 1.5c.

Souka's Avatar Semisalis

Ok i've tried reinstalling over and over again with the same results, neither with rtw,bi,alex can i get this to work. I assume it's win7 cuz i never had this problem on vista when installing 1.5. So please can you upload a rar file containing the files included in the installer?

Settoken's Avatar Libertus

Hi there,

Great work ! I've just installed it and tested a few turns in the senate campaign and I'll probably stay with this mod as it seems to be the one that matches the best what I expect from RTW. Large and sweet campaign map, very nice units, very cool horns sounds etc etc
    Peviously I played SPQR wich is a very good one.
    I got a few questions I'd like to ask you cuz I'd like to change some small parts of your mod:

first how can I remove these annoying green flashy arrows under units as I select them ?
    Then I noticed that even if there's a single tree in the area, large portions of my army will hide...
    What can I do to correct this ?
    Finally, I know you can force the game to make your allies appear in the battle map even if the engine is gonna lag because of poor performances. I know it's a simple trick but I can't remember how you force it.

Thx for enhancing the experience such a way, honestly I'm fan of your work ! Keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by Settoken View Post
    first how can I remove these annoying green flashy arrows under units as I select them ?

Then I noticed that even if there's a single tree in the area, large portions of my army will hide...

Finally, I know you can force the game to make your allies appear in the battle map even if the engine is gonna lag because of poor performances. I know it's a simple trick but I can't remember how you force it.
    Look in your preferences folder. Let me check:

open the preferences.txt file and change the appropriate lines so there is the following:
    DISABLE_ARROW_MARKERS:TRUE
    UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD:TRUE
    As for the trees, that is due to how tone changed the forests - ie: preventing the ridiculously thick vanilla forests that are annoying and not realistic.

However, the "land" is still forest, so units can hide and siege engines have trouble moving through. It's being fixed, but there isn't any easy change that'll remove the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Settoken View Post
    Hi there,

Great work ! I've just installed it and tested a few turns in the senate campaign and I'll probably stay with this mod as it seems to be the one that matches the best what I expect from RTW. Large and sweet campaign map, very nice units, very cool horns sounds etc etc
    Peviously I played SPQR wich is a very good one.
    I got a few questions I'd like to ask you cuz I'd like to change some small parts of your mod:

Thx for enhancing the experience such a way, honestly I'm fan of your work ! Keep it up
    for the green arrows go to preference folder that would be in your Rome Total War folder. As for the soldiers hiding, well not much you can do about that unless you know how to mod and put more trees in that selected area or make that area so the units can't hide.

About the allies do you mean Toggle FOW or forced diplomacy?

I think he means the UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD
    By allies, that would be your reinforcements, since he specifically mentioned the whole system performance thing.