Thread: New Campaign Faction Music

Default New Campaign Faction Music

Hey everyone i kind of tripped into this one but i'm now doing small bits of work for Europe total war.
    And i've been throwing lists of names for Ireland, Wales and Scotland which fit the factions better instead of generall being shody rips of the English or Scotland ones. the same goes for the music for Ireland and Scotland. (my old thread might as well be locked)

My idea for the music particularly for Ireland is for the addition of some new tracks and replacement of some of the others (i don't know how to do this so atm i am jsut getting tracks together)

If people have names/music they think would fit please do not hesitate to tell me

So far i've only got a test file for the irsih music which is a colleciton of 6 tunes which i think would fit the faction.

2 of Names list are also done for Wales and Ireland, these are unaltered from those included in my old thread.
    Last edited by Sgt.Roadkill; November 04, 2009 at 02:45 PM.

Default Re: Welsh, Irish and Scottish Character names and Campaign music (Constructive Criticism welcome)

welsh music selected. I have to say this was very difficult to do as there doesn't seem to be much easily accesible material about. I could really do with peopel opinions on this set of music whether or not they think it fits.

i've mixed traditinal pipe and harp music with hymns, i wish i coudl find more welsh hymns that fit the feel of the game. i've only got 5 tunes at the moment. but i've done as much as i can do this wknd without goign mental... i have some possible pan ppe and more bag pipe music but i am not sure if it fits or woudl just end up with more bagpipe music than the scots which seems wrong.

but yeah here it is
    Last edited by Sgt.Roadkill; November 04, 2009 at 09:31 AM.

Default Re: Welsh, Irish and Scottish Character names and Campaign music (Constructive Criticism welcome)

awesome +rep
    can u also make music for all others factions?
    Under the patronage of Nakharar
    DM Multi modding project

err i didn't make it , i colelcted it together and did some converting/ cutting work. I suppose i could do this for other faction but it took me a while to get the welsh tuff together due to lack of content and i worry that maybe the same for other factions It was also easy for me to do these factions as i A) i am Enlgish and therfore can find this music fairly easily and vaguely know what fits and B) i've studied this area historically.

If you have specific faction which you think need new music will be happy to look into them and see what i can find.

also thinking about it a couple of hours after posting my reply wouldn't making all new music for every faction clog up the mod, cause music fiels re quite big or is that just me?

after re-listening to much of the music does anyone else think that some of the tracks don't quite fit? 'the cat that ate the cradle' and Cormacus Scripst for example from the irish set, in the case of Cat that ate the cradle it sounds a little bit out of place for the game in general and the Cormacus Scripst doesn't sound what most players would recognise as Irish.
    Last edited by Sgt.Roadkill; October 25, 2009 at 10:52 AM.

If you have specific faction which you think need new music will be happy to look into them and see what i can find.

also thinking about it a couple of hours after posting my reply wouldn't making all new music for every faction clog up the mod, cause music fiels re quite big or is that just me?
    all

all will be ok medieval 2 works with more than 400 tracks easily
    DM Multi modding project

well i can't guarantee anything... but i will try and get 5ish tracks together, probablly starting from western and Northern Europe and working east

great
    DM Multi modding project

sinople's Avatar These Romans are crazy!

Very great indeed !

Default Re: New Campaign Faction Music

Thread renamed by request.
    Curious Curialist curing the Curia of all things Curial.

ok quick update, this is proving to be as difficult as i thought, currently working on finding tracks for Scotland, Norway, Denmakr and Sweden.

England, Ireland and Wales are all slected check the zips out. The welsh and Irish both have 1 extra new track each, bringing their total to 6. England is only on 5 atm and is subject to change depending on what music have left over which is generically medieval western europe in feel.

ok all sorted after the upload probs
    Last edited by Sgt.Roadkill; November 04, 2009 at 04:40 PM.

awesome keep it up

and do we need any permissions to use it?
    DM Multi modding project

if i am honest i have no idea, i've just collected music that sounds right, anything which doesn't have 'by' after it i think can be presumed to be fine anythign else, get complicated and i have no idea about. ok i should probablly ahve thought about this earlier. In Any situation collecting so many pieaces of music for a mod is oign to come up agains this kind of thing isn't it?
    Last edited by Sgt.Roadkill; November 05, 2009 at 05:35 PM.

hmm that's hard question
    i think we must ask admins of twc
    DM Multi modding project

do you guys still want me working on this or should i wait till we have clarification from admins?

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Any other factions' music ?