Thread: Late Game Startpos?

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Default Late Game Startpos?

Hey guys.

Just wondering if you ever considered making a late game startpos for APE? After several dozen campaigns played and started in 1700 since this game launched, I find that using HusseralTW's late game startpos is the only way I like to play lately. You start with bayonets, decent artillery and fire by rank. The map is more developed too as well.

I am not sure if you guys do some extra work with your startpos but I have a feeling using HusseralTW's will not work. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Anyways just thought I would ask.

Thanks!!

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Default Re: Late Game Startpos?

Nothing like this is planned for now. Husserl's startpos will more or less work but there will be a few issues like extra recruitment slots for France, Prussia and Spain

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca View Post
    Nothing like this is planned for now. Husserl's startpos will more or less work but there will be a few issues like extra recruitment slots for France, Prussia and Spain
    gotcha. thanks for the reply!

i will maybe try it and see how it works.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

I'd like to echo this... for the future.

It would be nice to start a campaign in 1750 (or some interesting year) now and then to mix up the whole tech tree/first moves doldrums. And to play through a shorter campaign where the early stuff's already been acquired in a different geo -political climate.

Look to Europa Universalis III.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Yeah I agree it would be nice to have but you have to realize that it's a huge amount of work to make one. Not only do you have to make a lot changes in the startpos using a very time-consuming technique (copying the stuff out of savegames where an emergent faction exists for example) but you'll also have to balance everything for the later start, add buildings and so on. We might look at husserl's startpos and re-create our startpos changes with it but I'm not sure about that yet, either.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.