Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Skymod + Night Battles in RTW =

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

I've played a few battles in my RTR 6.0 campaign using Skymod 1.3 and everything worked perfectly. I have not found any bugs or problems at all.

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan
    I've played a few battles in my RTR 6.0 campaign using Skymod 1.3 and everything worked perfectly. I have not found any bugs or problems at all.
    Ehrm...is this mod made for RTR only? Or also for rtw vanilla?
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

That may be it Archer, SPQR has its own map made by linedog. lol Download the 3.0 of SPQR and test it out, because the map is the same for 3.0 and 4.0

So that being the case of what you said it may be related to my map, you may need to tailor a version of your wonderful mod to my SPQR. I did get some battles that worked and it was very awsome to see. Its just I cant use it if it crashes peoples systems. :-(

Lt
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

the sky seems to go to standar vanilla grey colour when it rains and your screens show it cloudy but cool looking,is this a glitch or did i not install it right

Let's just hope they were fascist communist kittens who were on their way to international fascist communist fair.

At some times the trees look kind of cartoonish....but everything else looks great, no ctds or anything yet.

p.s. How do I enable lense flare in the game?

I have used this with SPQR, and I have not had any CTD's related to this in Campaign mode. But I have not been through more than 20-30 battles. ;-)
    ---
    Ars longa, vita brevis.

Default No problems

So far the word is no crashes in Draknar’s Mod Collection 1.16 which as skymod 1.3 included.

Most due to this if mod changes map you have to do this:

(IMPORTANT DELETE “MAP.RWM” FILE IN YOUR DATA/WORLD/MAPS/BASE FOLDER)

O'brien the Protector's Avatar Lord of the Mannequins

archer, i like this mod alot, but i have the same complaint i had with your prevous release, you hvae to make some day battles, ive been fightng pretty much excplousovly in teh evening or night
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )
    -(Under the patronage of the humble, yet all powerful Lord Sephiroth.)-Royal House of the Black Prince

Lord of the Mannequins~Protector of Happiness, Bishop of Liberty, Guard of Hypocracy, Patriarch of Duality,O'briantheProtector(OBP)

Quote Originally Posted by NKIGravedigger
    archer, i like this mod alot, but i have the same complaint i had with your prevous release, you hvae to make some day battles, ive been fightng pretty much excplousovly in teh evening or night
    You might be fighting on the same location (ie: same ground type or climate), and that happens, there is nothing I can do about that.
    Don't forget to hit the "wait" button before battle and see if the sky changes.

Also this is still a beta, as i indicated in one of my posts. I might turn down the sunlight at some places (too bright)
    and re adjust the time settings to be more daytimes. That is really a personal preference though...

Now let me see that SPQR thing....

some settings has been adjusted. This is like vers. 1.31 skymod, so if you didn't like the first one try this.

Gravedigger, i made the mornings brighter, so you migh rather want this one.

changes:

- brighter mornings many places

- less sunshine in many places (less contrast, still brighter than vanilla)

- summer season uses the vanilla skydome for more variety and brighter sky (you will still see my other custom skydomes since the game actually have spring and autumn)

- Tested with SPQR mod and RTR mod, 11 custom battle test, no crashes so far (Lt1956 test this new version!)

- Fixed the crashbug at the arctic settings (there can't be no summer next day)

- Fixed the crash bug at the swamp settings (there cannot be winter next day)

- Removed the custom sun and star .tga files
    - Removed the custom solar system (there are no night battle in this, not needed)

Installation:

1.Unzip the file
    2.Copy the "data" file over your "data" file so it overwrites the sky related .txt files.

You can also manually install these (copy/paste), but they all have to be installed
    for the mod to work.

That's it.

For the people with my 1.3 version: do the same, there is no need to remove the previous files, these overwrite them.

I left the original sun.tga and star.tga as well as the sunflare.tga for the ones who installed my previous skymods' custom files and wants to re-install the vanilla versions.
    They are located in the "original files" folder inside the .zip file. Others don't need these. to install it,
    first
    copy the "data" file located in the "original files" over your data file. This will restore the vanilla RTW settings. Then copy over the modded "data" file. Now you have the skymod 1.31 !

GraveDigger, like it better?

Last edited by HorseArcher; January 21, 2007 at 12:13 AM.

Just wanted to say great work archer - this will be great for RTR 6.1, driddle requested permission right? The game honestly looks many times better just because of the change of skies and fog... real great work.

O'brien the Protector's Avatar Lord of the Mannequins

Quote Originally Posted by Archer

:sign_wow:
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )
    -(Under the patronage of the humble, yet all powerful Lord Sephiroth.)-Royal House of the Black Prince

Lord of the Mannequins~Protector of Happiness, Bishop of Liberty, Guard of Hypocracy, Patriarch of Duality,O'briantheProtector(OBP)

Just another compliment to the mod.
    Facing the gauls in northern Italy is kind of scary now...the sky is bleak...makes the horde of barbarians seem more menacing (especially if its been raining and it clears and the sky is actually cloudy.).

here is a few shots using the SPQR mod with the 1.31 version:

hazy day, with the spartan hoplites. I was just suprised, these are the best spartan hoplite skin i ever seen. awesome work!

for the newcomers, just scroll back to my first post in this thread to find a link to download, or scroll up to the attached zip file (1.31)
    Last edited by HorseArcher; August 22, 2005 at 11:08 PM.

Nope got a crash, play randome map in macedon foothills. This was tested on a clean system and version of SPQR thats bug free. Looks like I will have to give you a copy of 4.0 to test this out. It seems its the random setting and in custom battles. As I have not played it with the campaign. Do you think its having some comflict with the night sttings since you removed that and you mentioned something about Custom battle problems possibly?

Lt

I'll see if I can pinpoint the crash to a specific WEaTHER PATTERN this was in Summer setting also not winter.
    Lt_1956

Ok I tested it would and it seems to crash every 3rd time, and usually with heavy rain, but it did it in Calm also on the second try. When I remove the mod I no longer get crashes in Custom battles. I dont know if its just with custom battles are if it would do it in campaign also.

Lt
    Lt_1956

Well it looks like Maybe its my system, I am not sure if its my mod or the system I am playing the mod on. I look into it more in Beta Testing. When I upload the Mod I will let you use a copy to test Skymod on it. As I am getting Random Ctd fo NO logical reason (no text errors etc), so I assume I am either having some conflict with my system or something. I thank you for your patience. Though we still need to test thuroughly. I'll make sure you get a copy for testing.

Lt
    Lt_1956

hmmm... I tried like 5 times the macedonian ruin custom battle each time with different settings, i don't get a crash.

Lt, try installing my mod again, then put this on top of it (see attachment)

see if it crashes.
    There maybe with your new version of SPQR version, but just to test things use this modded daytypes anyway and see if it still crashes.
    Last edited by HorseArcher; January 21, 2007 at 12:13 AM.

Dr Zoidberg's Avatar A Medical Corporation

Thought Id post a few pics from RTR using 1.3. Haven't bothered to download 1.31, Im quite happy with 1.3. Great work Archer. Champion.

Young lady, I am an expert on humans. Now pick a mouth, open it and say "brglgrglgrrr"!

awesome mr zoidberg!

People, you can still use the 1.30 version, (located above in one of my replies)
    but i'm unsure if it is stable at the swamp and the arctic in the campaign (the 2 smallest climates on the map).
    And yes, the 1.31 changes the sky significantly as well as lighting conditions also. Take your pick
    you won't see the same skies in 1.31 as you would in 1.30.

I made a small night battle mod also, it's very simple and very much like a vanilla settings except it has night battles.
    (made it in like 20 minutes).
    I'll might release that too if any of you wanna try. These files are small as you noticed and very easy to install/uninstall.

just keep a vanilla copy of the descr_daytypes; descr_skydome and the descr_battle_map_lighting_and_fog_control.txt somewhere, and you all set. (hint: my mod zip includes those also in case you forgot to save them)
    Last edited by HorseArcher; August 23, 2005 at 06:44 AM.