Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Skymod + Night Battles in RTW =

Don't worry guys, i don't have to change a hundred million values (thank god). There is this little function called "copy/paste" and I can readjust the time values to have different effects....

This mod has a possibility to happen in a few hours to be released. Don't worry Lt. You'll get it first. question to Lt. -Are you sure you aren't working for the Activision executive offices who released RTW too early? - Just kidding!

If I was, I would never tell. lol good way to get fired!
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

woooooot im gonna spam eveerywheeeeree that mod is ghonna be released and get everyone excited so that if you fail everyone will come and nail u to a board and watch you squirm as they **** on you from a great height
    lol just joking or am i.........................................................................yes...yes i am...anyway dont forget to send the mod to your good freind humvee*poke u in back with sniper rifle*if u get what i meen lol

Hehe, I don't have to send it to anyone. it's only 55kb.

Here you go. (see .zip under)

Could you guys please read the README (at least the first part) before asking a 100 questions?

It's very easy to install.

Unzip it, copy the "data" folder over your "data" folder. That's it. Don't need a to be a rocket scientist to install this mod.
    The .zip folder contains the original files which can restore your vanilla settings in case you don't like it or gives you trouble or if you hate me .

This is still considered as a beta, so if you find something that just completely out of place (pink units or green clouds or similar) just let me know by telling me where it is on the strat map (strat screenshot is very helpful, since everyone is running different mods and different town names) and if it's in winter or summer time. I'll fix it and repost the patch.

OH yeah, and not to mention, it might ruin some custom battle settings, but this mod is meant to be played with the campaign.

Good luck, let me know if this mod sux or blows....
    Last edited by HorseArcher; January 21, 2007 at 01:13 AM.

A$$A$$IN's Avatar Civis

Finally no more waiting! Thanks so much archer

Thanks Archer. I will go to sleep now and test tonight. lol
    Lt_1956

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

What a wonderful surprise this morning. Thanks a lot Archer, you're a true genius.

Great! Thank you, Archer.

Average British Student

Well Done

NO prob guys.

Here is some extra info.

-There are a few "almost night" effects, more like an evening though...

here is a large preview, I think this was the siege of Carthago: -I might have to fix the sun on this, kinda too red (not visible)

-If you don't like the sky when you enter the battle (if you choose to attack first) , you have the option to switch to another settings by clicking the "wait" button. Sometimes it will not give you a different look, as the game randomly chooses the daytime and the skydome and sometimes it likes to pick the same one.

Also, this is a few preview shots:

African Desert:

Temperate Grassland:

I did a few battles in rome, and the contrast might be a little too high for the mediterranian settings. (greece/rome/parts of chartage). I'll might make a few adjustments later, as right now, i'm gonna test a new idea soon...(I always have a new idea)

here is a new link to download this mod:
    http://horsearcher.net/huninvasion2/SKYMOD1.3.zip
    Last edited by HorseArcher; August 21, 2005 at 03:42 PM.

Average British Student

Thanks again,

Going offline , to test this mod out

wipeout140

Nice, and compatible with the 4TPY mod as well.

thanks archer but the sucky thing is dat i cant play rome total war till i get my videocard from rma...well gonna play it soon wid ur mod...thanks again

one question: why is the folder "sky" in the original files but not in the new one? Why do we have to back up this?
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Huzza! Off to the testing! Thanks a bunch, you can have my lunch. No sleep or resting. :-D
    ---
    Ars longa, vita brevis.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof
    one question: why is the folder "sky" in the original files but not in the new one? Why do we have to back up this?
    because in the previous version, i edited the sun.tga and the star.tga, because of the night battles. This one doesn't really have night battles so there is no point editing it.

Ok Archer I found some bugs, I cant pinpoint them because they happened in Random setting in Custom battles, but they are BAD bugs because they cause CTDs on Loading the battle.

I would suggest playing random custom battles and see if you get a random CTD before the map loads. From there you can pin point the problem one map at a time? Not sure. all I know is if you causes CTDs I cant use it, Messed up sky colours no problem, but not the ctds. lol

Lt
    Lt_1956

Quote Originally Posted by lt1956
    Ok Archer I found some bugs, I cant pinpoint them because they happened in Random setting in Custom battles, but they are BAD bugs because they cause CTDs on Loading the battle.

I would suggest playing random custom battles and see if you get a random CTD before the map loads. From there you can pin point the problem one map at a time? Not sure. all I know is if you causes CTDs I cant use it, Messed up sky colours no problem, but not the ctds. lol

Lt
    Can you tell me what place you used for custom battle?
    Did the CTD happened before battle or during?

I played several custom battles to test some settings and i haven't had any CTDs.
    I haven't tried your mod yet, I was using vanilla RTW and RTR 6.0, no CTDs so far.
    Anybody else had CTDs using this mod?
    I need to know the place and possibly the time in custom battles (morning/afternoon/evening) and if it was summer or winter.
    But at least, i need to know what place the battle was.
    Last edited by HorseArcher; August 22, 2005 at 07:49 AM.

I think it was Macedon the first battlefield and maybe the grassy flatlands.

I doubt it just related to my mod as nothing I have should be interfering. more like it was random and something your mod conflicted with eachother. I had to uninstall your mod to make sure, and there was no more crashes. Somtimes it worked fine then one out 10 times it would crash to desktop NO message even with show_err command.

I think there is a syntax error somewhere, the crash like I said was on random weather and that could have been anything. lol It never finished loading the map. So I couldnt see what it was. But it acts like the same crashes that happen with leaving a .dds extension on graphics or some sytax errors I have seen crash without messages.

Dont know how to help but report, But I am pretty sure its not just limited to my mod, my mod isnt that special. lol

Lt
    Lt_1956

Quote Originally Posted by lt1956
    I think it was Macedon the first battlefield and maybe the grassy flatlands.

I doubt it just related to my mod as nothing I have should be interfering. more like it was random and something your mod conflicted with eachother. I had to uninstall your mod to make sure, and there was no more crashes. Somtimes it worked fine then one out 10 times it would crash to desktop NO message even with show_err command.

I think there is a syntax error somewhere, the crash like I said was on random weather and that could have been anything. lol It never finished loading the map. So I couldnt see what it was. But it acts like the same crashes that happen with leaving a .dds extension on graphics or some sytax errors I have seen crash without messages.

Dont know how to help but report, But I am pretty sure its not just limited to my mod, my mod isnt that special. lol

Lt
    is the SPQR mod uses the vanilla map right?
    Let me try this with your mod sometime later today and see if i can re-create the crash.
    As you know RTR modifies the terrain (new map) so it did also modify the climates and terrain and the ground types.

I did test this mod with the vanilla RTW, but not as extensively as i did with RTR 6

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast