Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 569

Thread: Skymod + Night Battles in RTW =

  1. #201

    Default

    The lighting effects is yellow, because I made the sunlight yellow. Very simple. If i make it white, it just doesn't give that "morning" look and the colors look washed out.

    About the sieges (hmmm, hmmm) I'm still editing some stuff, trying to find out "how and what" , but hopefully I will figure out the "how and what".
    Another hint: think of some of materials that can burn in reality
    ;-)

  2. #202
    GODzilla's Avatar Civitate
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Germania superior
    Posts
    3,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    The lighting effects is yellow, because I made the sunlight yellow. Very simple. If i make it white, it just doesn't give that "morning" look and the colors look washed out.

    About the sieges (hmmm, hmmm) I'm still editing some stuff, trying to find out "how and what" , but hopefully I will figure out the "how and what".
    Another hint: think of some of materials that can burn in reality
    ;-)
    - humans

    - dry gras / any dry vegetation

    Maybe the second guess?
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane


  3. #203

    Default

    I like that ideal of burnt grass in and around seiges. Can you make it litte smoky,you know with all those camp fires around in a seige must been little hazy.

  4. #204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by draknar
    I like that ideal of burnt grass in and around seiges. Can you make it litte smoky,you know with all those camp fires around in a seige must been little hazy.

    Nahh, no new textures, I only deal with effects for now and it's not about texturing......think about something else


    here is a WIP picture, see if you notice anything "weird":









    burn baby burn, let everything burn

  5. #205

    Default

    hmmm. Maybe i should start a new thread about this, since this last few stuff I'm testing isn't about the sky....

  6. #206
    O'brien the Protector's Avatar Lord of the Mannequins
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    lafayette cali
    Posts
    920

    Default

    are you sitll gonna work on 1.32 of your sky mod?
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )
    -(Under the patronage of the humble, yet all powerful Lord Sephiroth.)-Royal House of the Black Prince

    Lord of the Mannequins~Protector of Happiness, Bishop of Liberty, Guard of Hypocracy, Patriarch of Duality,O'briantheProtector(OBP)

  7. #207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NKIGravedigger
    are you sitll gonna work on 1.32 of your sky mod?
    yeah yeah, I'll do some adjustments as right now there are a few rough-spots, but it's almost complete.

    The vanilla units kinda looks cool with this mod, i wonder how other mod-skins will look....

    edit - 2hrs later


    Ok, guys i did a little work to improve the custom battle night settings (which usually don't show up in campaigns), but just wanna see if like it or hate it. I still have to adjust the bottom of the sky, it's too red, but i'll come up with a better color:

    here is a few custom battle shot:

    It's the moonlight overexposed, it gives a nice shadowy effect , i wonder if you guys like this or not:





    Last edited by HorseArcher; September 20, 2005 at 08:38 PM.

  8. #208
    GODzilla's Avatar Civitate
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Germania superior
    Posts
    3,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    yeah yeah, I'll do some adjustments as right now there are a few rough-spots, but it's almost complete.

    The vanilla units kinda looks cool with this mod, i wonder how other mod-skins will look....

    edit - 2hrs later


    Ok, guys i did a little work to improve the custom battle night settings (which usually don't show up in campaigns), but just wanna see if like it or hate it. I still have to adjust the bottom of the sky, it's too red, but i'll come up with a better color:

    here is a few custom battle shot:

    It's the moonlight overexposed, it gives a nice shadowy effect , i wonder if you guys like this or not:
    It looks very good. Even with the red bottom, it looks kind of.....romantic .

    I like the idea of adding night battles at least as a custom battle option. In the campaign it can be a nerved thing being forced to fight at night, but in custom battles people can decide what daytime they want to use. Good idea .

    Keep up the great work!
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane


  9. #209
    Trajan's Avatar Capodecina
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,940

    Default

    The new custom battle night settings look awesome. I really the nice shadowy effects. Good job Archer.

  10. #210
    O'brien the Protector's Avatar Lord of the Mannequins
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    lafayette cali
    Posts
    920

    Default

    have you tried lowering contrast in night battles? ONe of the effects of dark inst just that shadows are heavier, but also that colors lose their vibrancy m( uide say that that is the main effect actually)..
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )
    -(Under the patronage of the humble, yet all powerful Lord Sephiroth.)-Royal House of the Black Prince

    Lord of the Mannequins~Protector of Happiness, Bishop of Liberty, Guard of Hypocracy, Patriarch of Duality,O'briantheProtector(OBP)

  11. #211
    Marshal Qin's Avatar Bow to ME!!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Back home for now
    Posts
    2,215

    Default

    'lose their vibrancy' is an understatement, even with a full moon, everything tends to turn into shades of grey and blue. I nearly shot at my shadow once because of that effect.

    HA, you've made everything destructible? looks cool, but perhaps the piles of rubble need to cover more area if that's possible. I don't know if you can edit the rubble piles, but a few half burnt/destoyed structures would look a little better than just a pile of broken concrete (particularly in the case of wooden buildings). Perhaps some of the 'ruins' that you see on the battle maps could be used...

    Your mod seems to be breaking new ground though, perhaps a name change is in order - great work as usual though.
    Last edited by Marshal Qin; September 21, 2005 at 03:17 AM.
    Exotic Slave - Spook 153, Barbarian Turncoat - Drugpimp, Catamite - Invoker 47
    Drunken Uncle - Wicked, Priest of Jupiter - Guderian


    Under the patronage of El-Sib Why? ...... Because Siblesz sent me
    Proud member of the Australian-New Zealand Beer Appreciation Society (ANZBAS?)

  12. #212

    Default

    Perhaps some of the 'ruins' that you see on the battle maps could be used...
    you are giving me an idea here, marshal Qin! I'll try it and see how it works.. thanks!

  13. #213
    Marshal Qin's Avatar Bow to ME!!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Back home for now
    Posts
    2,215

    Default

    No worries. I take payment in the form of Beer or semi naked women.
    Exotic Slave - Spook 153, Barbarian Turncoat - Drugpimp, Catamite - Invoker 47
    Drunken Uncle - Wicked, Priest of Jupiter - Guderian


    Under the patronage of El-Sib Why? ...... Because Siblesz sent me
    Proud member of the Australian-New Zealand Beer Appreciation Society (ANZBAS?)

  14. #214

    Default

    Well, just so i won't confuse anyone, in the last few replies was about the burning mod, the thread is found somewhere below in this forum.

    The skymod itself is almost ready, as i re-configured a sky, it's a complete new one and I tested it with the rest.
    It's not one sky as you know I have 4 skies for each season, but i use 2 , (2same settings for summer/winter and 2 same settings for autumn/spring).

    You might ask why i don't create 4 different ones in my previous versions. I did that, but it causes a lot of funky colors as the day settings (sun/sunlight/clouds/haze etc.) modifies the settings and it could turn up some very weird colors.
    Also, I tried to use some very different colors for 4 different settings, and i'll might try to modify them a bit more to give some variety.
    This doesn't mean that you would only see 4 settings since you need to multiply this by 16 (climate settings) and multiply it by many different sun/sunlight/haze
    settings for each daytype (morning, midday evening) and I didn't even mention the weather settings which drasticly changes how the sky look. And i have my own custom ones added to the vanilla effects, and even the vanilla effects (storm/blizzard etc) already modified.

    So as right now, I'm still testing and adjusting some settings, but the mod is near completion.
    Last edited by HorseArcher; September 21, 2005 at 10:45 PM.

  15. #215

    Default

    No more skymod, now Burning mod. lol I want to test the sacking in Campaign. I am dying to find out if it has a bug and will work.
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

  16. #216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lt1956
    No more skymod, now Burning mod. lol I want to test the sacking in Campaign. I am dying to find out if it has a bug and will work.
    I know Lt, but i would prefer talking about the burning mod in the burning mod thread.

  17. #217

    Default

    Archer I must say your advancements are quite amazing.

    I am following your progress most intently.
    Clients: Caius Britannicus, Waitcu, Spurius, BrandonM, and Tsar Stephan.
    http://www.totalwardai.com

  18. #218

    Default

    I wondered, in your skymod, are the actual skies being used for the environment maps used for unit gloss?
    Ex-Member of the RTR Development Team

  19. #219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sfinx
    I wondered, in your skymod, are the actual skies being used for the environment maps used for unit gloss?
    I beleive the gloss reflects the surrounding if you take a good look (look for a rainy day in the woods_

    Also, the gloss will react to the strength of the sunlight, so if you have too much sun, the gloss brightens up that it looks almost white.

    Actually this is your lucky day

    I'm releasing skymod 1.32 beta and see how you guys like it:

    download it HERE

    Readme:

    1.Unzip the file to a place on your hard drive

    2. Copy the data folder from there into your rome directory so it overrides your data folder. (it should ask if the files should be overwritten)

    3. You're done, try it in custom battles or campaign and since it is a beta release , let me know if you find a funky looking sky or place!

    How to back up your current vanilla files:

    1.make a new folder somewhere on your hard drive (you can make one in the rome directory and name it something like "backup")

    2. copy paste the following files(the original ones) into your new backup folder rome-total war/data/
    -descr_skydome.txt,
    -descr_daytypes.txt ;
    -descr_battle_map_lighting_and_fog_control.txt;

    3. copy paste the following files also : rome-total war/data/models/textures/
    -#lensflare.tga.dds;
    -lensflare.tga.dds;


    data/sky/
    -#sun.tga.dds

    If you saved those into a folder , then you can restore those files later if you really hate me or my mod.

    Changes:

    Sunlight/strenght adjusted, see the previous posts of mine for screenshots.
    -A new Lensflare, it is more visible, but still not the best (i'll try to make it better later)
    -A new Sun. Completely my design with photoshop, you might not see a lot of difference, but it is slightly bigger and shinier.
    - New colored skies, new colored days, there are a lot to list what has been changed,
    just check them out and see if you like it or not!

    -By controlling the amount of sunlight and different aspects of colors, the landscapes are more pronounced, sharper or perhaps has a better
    coloration depending on the climate or the time of day, you decide!

    - All the rest of the changes that was made in skymod 1.31 and 1.30 are still apply (4 different skydome, many many climates and daytypes, etc.)

    Tested with Rome - total war (vanilla)
    Tested with the SPQR 4.3 mod.
    - no crashes or strange anomalies so far.....

    Compatibility:

    So far with every mod you can find.


    -Archer.

  20. #220
    GODzilla's Avatar Civitate
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Germania superior
    Posts
    3,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    I beleive the gloss reflects the surrounding if you take a good look (look for a rainy day in the woods_

    Also, the gloss will react to the strength of the sunlight, so if you have too much sun, the gloss brightens up that it looks almost white.

    Actually this is your lucky day

    I'm releasing skymod 1.32 beta and see how you guys like it:

    download it HERE

    Readme:

    1.Unzip the file to a place on your hard drive

    2. Copy the data folder from there into your rome directory so it overrides your data folder. (it should ask if the files should be overwritten)

    3. You're done, try it in custom battles or campaign and since it is a beta release , let me know if you find a funky looking sky or place!

    How to back up your current vanilla files:

    1.make a new folder somewhere on your hard drive (you can make one in the rome directory and name it something like "backup")

    2. copy paste the following files(the original ones) into your new backup folder rome-total war/data/
    -descr_skydome.txt,
    -descr_daytypes.txt ;
    -descr_battle_map_lighting_and_fog_control.txt;

    3. copy paste the following files also : rome-total war/data/models/textures/
    -#lensflare.tga.dds;
    -lensflare.tga.dds;


    data/sky/
    -#sun.tga.dds

    If you saved those into a folder , then you can restore those files later if you really hate me or my mod.

    Changes:

    Sunlight/strenght adjusted, see the previous posts of mine for screenshots.
    -A new Lensflare, it is more visible, but still not the best (i'll try to make it better later)
    -A new Sun. Completely my design with photoshop, you might not see a lot of difference, but it is slightly bigger and shinier.
    - New colored skies, new colored days, there are a lot to list what has been changed,
    just check them out and see if you like it or not!

    -By controlling the amount of sunlight and different aspects of colors, the landscapes are more pronounced, sharper or perhaps has a better
    coloration depending on the climate or the time of day, you decide!

    - All the rest of the changes that was made in skymod 1.31 and 1.30 are still apply (4 different skydome, many many climates and daytypes, etc.)

    Tested with Rome - total war (vanilla)
    Tested with the SPQR 4.3 mod.
    - no crashes or strange anomalies so far.....

    Compatibility:

    So far with every mod you can find.


    -Archer.
    Great! I desperately waited for this! :original: Unfortunately it's just to late to try it out . I'll do this tomorrow (ok, actually today, but 8h later lol ^^) and then post my impressions! But I'm sure it's great so thank you , Archer .
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane


Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •