Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Skymod + Night Battles in RTW =

I like your mods man keep it up
    We shall be free, We shall have our revenge

Quote Originally Posted by therussian91
    its a bit too yellowish for my eyes. Everything else is good though. Nice job
    I think it too, it's very bright on picture 4

but your work is great :original:

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Correcting the sunlight strength in the desert enviroment

Here is a WIP

/please ignore the vanilla unit skins, since i use vanilla RTW for the testing purposes/

I oversaturated the sunlight, because the deserts looked pink/purple and the sand was kinda greyish.

What do you guys think?

sunglasses advised !! maybe a liitlebit too much sun? ...or is realistic:
    It looks great. As if you would've changed the game engine! Can't wait for the next version, then I'm definitely going to send an expedition-army to Egypt :laughing:
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

I think, I will try to correct some other enviroments also (alpine,mediterranian etc) and because i customized each one to be unique, i can individually control the light
    effects, the strenght of the sun, to give a different look each time you visit a new location. For example, let's say the deep forest, i can make it gloomy and dark
    and make the grassland more brighter. Each of them can be made to give a different feeling or just the uniquness by adjusting the light and ambience as so making
    more variety of battlefields. But of course, this can take time as i have to adjust - check -re-adjust the settings, but the final product (as well as I'm exicted about this)
    can speak for itself in a not too far future. :wink:

I said, that i will adjust some settings again, to make it more easy on the eyes.

These are battles in the "custom battle" option, not campaign and I'm using vanilla RTW for testing.

Here are the new settings for desert environment only :

The morning settings.

The evening settings:

..And my custom medium-strength-dust storm (i have 3 types of dust storms, hehe) settings:

I didn't include the daytime (12 o'clock) settings, because that's just plain, no shadows and basically white clouds and regular daylight, as it won't change too much
    regardless of the strength of the sunlight. For realistic feel, the sunlight in mid-day is white , so pretty much like vanilla daytype.
    ON campaign games, usually or almost all fights are either before or after midday, so you would see more afternoons, mornings by playing the campaign, so that's why i mod those more.

I'll be leaving the desert alone now (before i ruin something ), and start changing a new climate, sun/sunlight/cloud settings.

Also, I have this crazy idea of making a custom Sun, and a custom lensflare effect, but I need to test it if it works at all first. :original:

EDIT
    Done deal

I modded the lensflare and the sun.

See if you see any improvement compare to the vanilla lensflare. I modded the sun too, it's something i made from scratch, but i don't see too much difference from vanilla, maybe a bit brighter? (picture below with custom lensflare and custom sun)
    Last edited by HorseArcher; September 15, 2005 at 09:55 PM.

sincerely it's splendid

Quote Originally Posted by draknar
    I use your mod in my mod collection. Yes, know its not your fault about the deserts color.

I have proper wonders in mod so deserts are wrong. Is there differnt sand, what files control

just sand so it will matchup with your mod with out change other settings ex "forest"

But how do I go about getting deserts to look like this------>

Instead of this purple color-------------->

The purple color comes from the ambient lighting I guess.
    I will check it out and give you an idea what to do. It should be a few numbers changed in the battlefield lighting and fog control text.

I'll make some adjustments and i'll see if it works and let you know !

Thanks for looking into that; now I can plan on seeing desert in my battles.

So what climate are you going work on next maybe we can post a pic to compare it to. Did anyone said you are master at what

you do? We'll just remember to have fun. I find myself modding most time but just hearing good post replies is fun for me.

So what climate are you going work on next maybe we can post a pic to compare it to. Did anyone said you are master at what

you do?
    I am no master, I just fiddled too much with the settings and i learned what i can change and what not and I figured out how colors change
    the battlefield and figured out how the game calls in the different weather effects.
    Doing, this i can also figure out a color by just looking at the numbers that represents and i can change it so i know exactly what i'm getting,
    otherwise it would take a long time of quitting/reloading the game.

It's actually very easy:

as it says in the descr_daytypes for example

sun color 1--- 0.8---0.5 ...is like a reddish orangie color because Red Green Blue distribution (mixin the 3 colors by the proportions given) would give that color.

It's another thing that I have 16 times more settings than vanilla and each of them have to be adjusted carefully with each color and ambient light. hehe
    ...and by the way, this 16 times more settings isn't as noticable in 1.31 (as i keep checking) until i really go trhough with each settings (doing it right now) so the next version of the skymod will have a sharper and more noticable difference between settings....

and I just finished the "alpine" settings, I won't post screenshots until i re-check (do some battles) again. As i usually double/tripple check each settings to make sure it's working.

Well, this is a fine piece of work which definitely makes the battles much more enjoyable.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MareNostrum

Quote Originally Posted by Dromikaites
    Well, this is a fine piece of work which definitely makes the battles much more enjoyable.
    You "ain't" seen nothing yet , the skymod 1.31 is long outdated and already heavily modified in my games. What you play is in 1.31 I have long changed it
    with new settings and new ideas...don't worry, the next update is coming soon and you'll see what i was working on lately...

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

You "ain't" seen nothing yet , the skymod 1.31 is long outdated and already heavily modified in my games. What you play is in 1.31 I have long changed it
    with new settings and new ideas...don't worry, the next update is coming soon and you'll see what i was working on lately...
    Very interesting. I can't wait to find out what you did.

Osceola's Avatar Protector Domesticus

...by the way, anyone wants night battles? (or am I the only one liking this too much?)

this is a completely different mod. It's easy simple and took me about 20 minutes to create
    I Shall name it my Nightmod!

here is a shot:

and another angle:

Can you post the link for the Nightmod, I want those battles not whatever I get in the version put in SPQR 4.0..
    Team Member <3

That mod was never released.

But can try skymod 1.2 which is in the download section and has some dark battles like that. You can easily replace the spqr skymod files (descr_daytypes, battle lighting and fog contorl.txt, descr_skydome.txt) files, since the files I mod
    does not interfer of what mod you are using, since so far I am the only one who modifies these files and no one else mods these as far as I know.

Ok, I got a few screenies and I want you to tell me if this looks different than the vanilla settings.
    I have been playing a modded game, that i can't tell the difference if i'm making this any different compare to vanilla RTW.

These pictures are not about the sky (forget about the sky for now), but the lighting effects, the sunlight strength and the ground.

these were taken in the mediterranian (think of Roman peninnsula weather) and temperate grassy climates.
    they might look alike for now, but i'm still deep in the editing part of different places, so I just need to know if
    I am going somewhere by changing how the ambient light/colors/ground gives different colors.
    These are like the morning settings on the screenshots, or what you would get by playing the campaign game.
    So what do you think?

....By the way, these are vanilla skins, so if the vanilla skin colors bothers you too much :laughing:, ( i know they feel sub-standard compare to custom skins)
    just take the torture for a second and let me know if these settings are actually better or worse than vanilla.
    thanks!

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Very nice Archer. Those skies look awesome. I really like the lighting effects and how they shine on the units.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan
    Very nice Archer. Those skies look awesome. I really like the lighting effects and how they shine on the units.
    Thanks, Trajan, but i haven't really edited the skies yet, only some minor stuff. I was spending time with the lighting effects and...something special i haven't quite
    finished yet, but it might be a nice suprise for some of you. I'll give you a hint: It has to do something with seiges. a very cool thing, hehehe!

Did u say sieges? YAY...hope its gonna be good...cant wait

O'brien the Protector's Avatar Lord of the Mannequins

coudl you make the lighitng less yellow, and more , greenish.

Sometheing like this. All i did was raised the green and blue in the picture, in effect lowering the yellow(although ui probobly made it too intense green, im sure you could find a better color):

the effect on the untis is really good however.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )
    -(Under the patronage of the humble, yet all powerful Lord Sephiroth.)-Royal House of the Black Prince

Lord of the Mannequins~Protector of Happiness, Bishop of Liberty, Guard of Hypocracy, Patriarch of Duality,O'briantheProtector(OBP)

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by NKIGravedigger
    coudl you make the lighitng less yellow, and more , greenish.

Sometheing like this. All i did was raised the green and blue in the picture, in effect lowering the yellow(although ui probobly made it too intense green, im sure you could find a better color):

the effect on the untis is really good however.
    WOW, this looks good. It makes me wanna lie in that gras for a while...
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

wayyyy too green :p Archer, you're lighting effect look awesome!! Can't wait until you're all done