Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Skymod + Night Battles in RTW =

I'll use the non-night mod...those skies look too good to cover up with darkness...or replace with it as the case may be.

Default Hey, Archer

You can't incorporate them both together?

Monksey

Kushan's Avatar Artifex

Archer my mouth is watering at those sceenshots :S so pretty......

Kushan
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

I like the four season because we will get all the night battles when bi comes out. But your pic are so nice at night too. You sure make it hard to pick Archer.

"Logic is the beginning of wisdom; not the end." -- Spock (Star Trek VI)

the funny thing is, that the BI demo uses the same exact sky (just 1) as RTW vanilla does. I already checked it. The only thing makes all those funky light effects is some new dynamic light system incorporated into BI. ...Hmmm, CA is lucky that I can't take the BI demo dynamic light files and mod it into the vanilla RTW, otherwise I would have done it already...hehe :wink:

lol, Well keep working I want to see this thing done this weekend so I can test it for SPQR, or the fans will KILL ME if I dont add this to the game. ;-)

Lt
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by lt1956
    lol, Well keep working I want to see this thing done this weekend so I can test it for SPQR, or the fans will KILL ME if I dont add this to the game. ;-)

Lt
    hang on a few more hrs Lt. !

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Don't rush it Archer, I don't you to miss anything. Just take your time because this sky mod is going to be one of the most important mods ever for RTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan
    Don't rush it Archer, I don't you to miss anything. Just take your time because this sky mod is going to be one of the most important mods ever for RTW.
    I don't know how to say this, but by making a mistake in the files, YOU won't beleive what i found!!!! I don't even think CA knows what they missed, even though it's their own engine, I don't think they know about this, or if they do, it was foolish not to use all the capabilites of the RTW engine.

This is something new coming guys, even if i do a screenshot, you won't see the significance, but i GUARANTEE you, once you play the game with this mod and you will see it!

YOu have never seen RTW like this before, I have never seen it either, until this small mistake i made today.

....sorry, can't tell you yet what it is.... you'll see soon. Right now, i'm out of time testing (only testing the new "thing") so far so good, I have to make a bunch of adjustment and i'll post a screenshot, and see if any of you notice something "different".

and no it's not in BI neither. muwhahaha!

A$$A$$IN's Avatar Civis

Sounds...interesting

Neat just dont forget to finish the beat for us testing for you. lol Give the screenie!
    Lt_1956

Quote Originally Posted by Archer

....sorry, can't tell you yet what it is.... you'll see soon. Right now, i'm out of time testing (only testing the new "thing") so far so good, I have to make a bunch of adjustment and i'll post a screenshot, and see if any of you notice something "different".

and no it's not in BI neither. muwhahaha!
    Don't get hit by the train, or hit us with an emotional post about your immediate retirement because we are nasty people, before revealing this, pretty please. Gotta love a good cliffhanger. :p
    ---
    Ars longa, vita brevis.

Thats like the lottery ringing someone, saying hello, then leaving them on hold for three hours, no fair.

Ok, no more secrets.

THis isn't as significant for some of you, but trust me, it does a lot in visual quality.

See these screenshots and they might not give away exactly what i did, but try to compare it to your game.

By the way, this is a complete raw test file, using the vanilla sky and vanilla files to "raw-test" the new settings. I will implement this fully into my mod. It should take too long, just a bunch of text editing (maybe a day or 2)

Anyone notice something "not right" will get a cyber-cookie.
    this one doesn't really show too much

this one neither, look at the units. You have to see it in game, it makes a difference, especially with my mod.

This one is the best example, but still, not doing the justice:

Is shadow right?

Edit:Or my first thought, have you gotten glints and reflections working properly?
    Last edited by Aristocrat; August 20, 2005 at 11:40 PM.

wow archer you can see very clearly with those pics u posted...thumbs up

Could be wrong, but the trees have deep shadows/contrasts I can't reproduce in my game.
    ---
    Ars longa, vita brevis.

Quote Originally Posted by unKnownWarrior
    wow archer you can see very clearly with those pics u posted...thumbs up

the closest guess so far. Here is the hint from the descr_daytypes.txt

Code:
    sunlight		{diffuse}
    Every color in the game is represented by 0 to 1 value . Which means the RGB Value of 255, 255, 255 (white) is 1 1 1.

So even CA was making sunlight colors, such as 1 , 1, 07, which would yield like a yellowish color, the sunlight isn't acting only as a color, but also as a contrast value. So if 1, 1, 1, is white, so is 2, 2, 2, is white except twice as bright. It sounds stupid, to enter 2, 2, 2, as a color value, since 1, 1, 1, is the highest settings you can get in the RGB value table, but it's a no-no, since 2, 2, 2, also acts a multiplying value for diffusion. Now, those screenshots are taken with the vanilla values, which basicly suck, because the shadow/lighting is made with the mind that the brightest color will be 1, 1, 1, , but my mod isn't. I got a lot darker settings in many places. If i adjust the shadow settings, the colors and the maximum, minimum intensity accordingly, and I use a higher diffuse value for the sun (such as 2, 2, 2 instead of 1, 1, 1) I get a much better reproduction of a bright sunlight and guess what else, The game looks so sharp and the textures nice and clear, that you will see a huge difference in the image quality. You'll see what I'm talking about, don't worry. Give me a few hours to implement this. :original:

And yeah, the gloss also works better and the units look more detailed along with the landscape and buildings.

this shot was already made with my "mistake" included, and i didn't even notice, until later, when i was looking at the numbers and i was scracthing my head, that how come that "those numbers" actually worked:

Last edited by HorseArcher; August 21, 2005 at 03:50 AM.

I see, The pictures looked sharper. Lets us know when you release this mod. because even after you do there is a ton of testing to make sure there are no bugs.

Lt
    Lt_1956

After playing RTR for an hour I can really see the difference now...thats awsome, I see what you mean by CA not knowing what they missed as it looks too good to have been intentionally left out...your pics keep drawing my eyes to the sky first though.