Page 1 of 29 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Skymod + Night Battles in RTW =

Default Skymod + Night Battles in RTW =

Link to this mod in TWC downloads: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...do=file&id=740

Update (1/1/2006)

The latest skymod (RTW1.3/BI skymod) is compatible with vers 1.5 (rtw) and 1.6(BI). I confirm this since I just tested it with campaign and custom battles.

The newest skymod adds torches for RTW 1.3, changes the skies and light effects as usual. It only has 1 skydome, which varies throughout the game with the different weather and lighting conditions. I made this change to remove redundancies and also to make it easier to find problem areas.

Use this mod, if you have either RTW 1.3 (or 1.5/1.6) or if you installed BI.

updated: 11/03/05
    RTW1.3/BI skymod

Warning!
    These version are outdated to be used with RTW 1.3. They were made for RTW vers 1.2 ( skymod 1.32 and less)
    Skymod 1.32 final

Readme:

1.Unzip the file to a place on your hard drive

2. Copy the data folder from there into your rome directory so it overrides your data folder. (it should ask if the files should be overwritten)

3. You're done, try it in custom battles or campaign !

How to back up your current vanilla files:

1. make a new folder somewhere on your hard drive (you can make one in the rome directory and name it something like "backup")

2. copy paste the following files(the original ones) into your new backup folder rome-total war/data/
    -descr_skydome.txt,
    -descr_daytypes.txt ;
    -descr_battle_map_lighting_and_fog_control.txt;

3. copy paste the following files also : rome-total war/data/models/textures/
    -#lensflare.tga.dds;
    -lensflare.tga.dds;

data/sky/
    -#sun.tga.dds

If you saved those into a folder , then you can restore those files later if you really hate me or my mod.

Changes:

Sunlight/strenght adjusted, see the previous posts of mine for screenshots.
    -A new Lensflare, it is more visible, but still not the best (i'll try to make it better later)
    -A new Sun. Completely my design with photoshop, you might not see a lot of difference, but it is slightly bigger and shinier.
    - New colored skies, new colored days, there are a lot to list what has been changed,
    just check them out and see if you like it or not!

-By controlling the amount of sunlight and different aspects of colors, the landscapes are more pronounced, sharper or perhaps has a better
    coloration depending on the climate or the time of day, you decide!

- All the rest of the changes that was made in skymod 1.31 and 1.30 are still apply (4 different skydome, many many climates and daytypes, etc.)

Tested with Rome - total war (vanilla)
    Tested with the SPQR 4.3 mod.
    - no crashes or strange anomalies so far.....

Compatibility:

So far with every mod you can find. EXCEPT BI

-Archer.

previous versions:

= vers. 1.31 = - more morning skies, less unit contrast

=vers. 1.30 = - high unit contrast, more evening skies
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; July 27, 2013 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Added link to downloads section.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Very exciting Archer. I can't wait to see what you can do with 6.0. I'll be sure to check this thread from time to time.

A$$A$$IN's Avatar Civis

That looks really good, cant wait for this!

hey archer i was wondering if u are able to use bi demo and use the sky files there?

Quote Originally Posted by unKnownWarrior
    hey archer i was wondering if u are able to use bi demo and use the sky files there?
    no. the demo doesn't have editable text files like RTW. it only has .pak files which I am unable to open.

Ok, time to decide people, who like which darkness settings?

1. Darkness medium (darker than 1.2 skymod)

2. Darkness heavy (darker would be the units almost invisible so i stop here)

If you ask me, I prefer the darker one (2) since it looks just about realistic how dark it can be at night (even darker, but that ruins the game a bit)..........or do you want even darker?

See how many of you will decide which night battle setting should be in 1.3 skymod.

I like the first one personally. It still gives the aura of night, but its a little easier to see the units.

I like no. 2 Darkness Heavy but I wouldn't like to fight in those conditions all the time.

I like both of them actually. You decide archer

my vote is on the number 2 cuz it looks more realistic and cooler and the first one doesnt look right with the light ground

Gaius Drakan's Avatar Biarchus

Number 2 definitely Archer

A hard call. On balance I would vote for #2 because of the realism factor, although I hope the number of battles in these lowest of light conditions, where units are hard to identify, will be reduced from 1.1. Either way, great work.

It is quite fun to fight in the dark. You never know what is coming at you and I can still see well.
    Here is another shot. (playing the sarmatians, hehe)

it's still not as dark that you don't see anything. I just made it darker, but still it's quite visible except if the rain comes in, it drops the visibility further. Still fun though

I'd go for a bit darker than #2, but then add one or two torches on each unit. Of course it's not part of this mod's scope, so #2 is the better one.

I vote #2 as well

I'm gonna release the mod soon to see who wants to test it and tell me if there is something to be changed or improved.

This is basically a revamped 1.2 mod with less funky colors and darker nights. I can change many things (such as less night battles or more rainy days or clear days) , but since i haven't tried every change in the game (you need to be playing the campaign game not custom games), I want to know if any of you having a battle in the : -desert (southern africa); - deep forest (somewhere in germany or gaul with heavy wooded areas), -arctic (north england). The others i can check.

so let me run through the mod and i'll post it soon. It works with any mod (RTR, darthmod,whatever mod) and vanilla RTW also.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    I'm gonna release the mod soon to see who wants to test it and tell me if there is something to be changed or improved.

This is basically a revamped 1.2 mod with less funky colors and darker nights. I can change many things (such as less night battles or more rainy days or clear days) , but since i haven't tried every change in the game (you need to be playing the campaign game not custom games), I want to know if any of you having a battle in the : -desert (southern africa); - deep forest (somewhere in germany or gaul with heavy wooded areas), -arctic (north england). The others i can check.

so let me run through the mod and i'll post it soon. It works with any mod (RTR, darthmod,whatever mod) and vanilla RTW also.

I will definitely download this and test it. The only thing I would like you to change is the frequency of the night battles. When using the recent sky mods, the night battles occurred too often. It would be nice if you could make the night battles appear only sometimes.
    Last edited by Trajan; August 11, 2005 at 09:51 AM.

will do. right now ummm..i'm having an issue in pontus territory. the damn clouds are pink.

I'd choose for the first one, archer. The second (the darker) looks more like your first skymod which I didn't like. 1.2 IMHO looks nicer.
    That's why I voted nr. 1.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

I like #1 but if you go for #2 then I would suggest that you reduce the frequency of night battles. What ruined it for me in you first mod where it was really dark was the fact that night battles happened constantly. If you want to make it darker then reduce the frequency. I wouldn't mind fighting in the dark once in a while but not all the time. Looks good so far.

Cheers!

Page 1 of 29 123456789101126 ... LastLast