Thread: Incomplete regions?

Default Incomplete regions?

I have seen some region coordinates for China, Congo, and many others in regions.esf. But they don't have settlement coordinates... if we unlocked the camera and then added settlement coordinates and then edited startpos.esf would we have a new region???

Default Re: Incomplete regions?

Quote Originally Posted by A1_Unit View Post
    I have seen some region coordinates for China, Congo, and many others in regions.esf. But they don't have settlement coordinates... if we unlocked the camera and then added settlement coordinates and then edited startpos.esf would we have a new region???
    Have you seen coordinates for any europen countries, especially for France, Spain or Sweden?

Yes, existing regions also have their own coordinates but the difference is that they also have settlement coordinates along with the region coordinates.

I saw people talking about this at some time. Not only would we have to make the settlement coordinates, we would have to make the maps (campaign, AOR, roads, geographical, etc.) If we could find the coding behind it, we could better understand how to create and add on land. As for expanding the campaign map... Didn't someone say that the global map was limited by certain width*height formula somewhere? And all we had to do was increase it for more global-ness. Dunno, but if we can do all that, we can make the game twice is good, and probably twice as troublesome than it is now!

Deciphering The Zodiac - Check It Out!

Yes, it`ll be nice to add 2 or 3 provinces for some europian conutries. I saw the map of "Warpath campaign" were modified. Maybe it help to understand how to create new regions on global map. It`s interesting - is anybody alredy work on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tan Zhi Han View Post
    I saw people talking about this at some time. Not only would we have to make the settlement coordinates, we would have to make the maps (campaign, AOR, roads, geographical, etc.) If we could find the coding behind it, we could better understand how to create and add on land. As for expanding the campaign map... Didn't someone say that the global map was limited by certain width*height formula somewhere? And all we had to do was increase it for more global-ness. Dunno, but if we can do all that, we can make the game twice is good, and probably twice as troublesome than it is now!
    Yes it's possible to edit the camera so we can scroll to all sorts of places - I've even seen these regions that are off map (but they are all blacked out for some reason). Now if only we could remove the black stuff and add borders and settlements...