Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: patch 4 ideas and wips -- updated 10/22/09

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Default patch 4 ideas and wips -- updated 10/22/09

With patch 3 close to being released. I am already working on patch 4 or possibly the 1.0 release. Some screens coming.
    Last edited by midnite; October 22, 2009 at 12:02 AM.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: patch 4 ideas and wips

Now that patch 3 is released I am going to start previewing some new wip

part of the next patch is going to involve redoing some of the WRE foederate textures. Currently the foederate consist of standard barbarian troops, I hope to recreate these units from IBRR.

foederate warbands ----- foderate cavalry ------ foederate spearmen
    Last edited by midnite; October 22, 2009 at 12:00 AM.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Wow whats going to be on Patch 4?
    Any future expansions having the east Rome empire?
    Thanks Mid!

Roma Surrectum Greek/Spartan Researcher/Tester.

East Roman would be pretty big to add... what about a larger section of France and a bit of Germany?

Deutschland's Avatar East of Rome Mod Leader

What about the whole map, all factions ready and a Porsche for every downloader ?

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Quote Originally Posted by swhunter View Post
    Any future expansions having the east Rome empire?
    Thanks Mid!
    I'd expect more elaboration on the west first. The ERE is a huge faction not the mention the Sassanids, Ostrogoths, and the Arab Kingdoms(don't know which one they're doing yet) would all be needed since they're all on that part of the map. No, I'm pretty sure the guys are going north before they head east.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Quote Originally Posted by midnite View Post
    With patch 3 close to being released. I am already working on patch 4 or possibly the 1.0 release. Some screens coming.
    Midnite, please also include the option to "View Settlement on the BattleMap" as well. Also, if we can have all of the British Isles and perhaps slightly extend the map past modern day Denmark that would be cool.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Thanks guys.
    I was only thinking since RTW had an addon B.I.
    But I can remember MTW doesn't have a map that big, yet other mods do at our time period.

Quote Originally Posted by swhunter View Post
    Thanks guys.
    I was only thinking since RTW had an addon B.I.
    But I can remember MTW doesn't have a map that big, yet other mods do at our time period.
    Eventually, I would LOVE to see a map that extends all the way to India.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by the celt View Post
    I'd expect more elaboration on the west first. The ERE is a huge faction not the mention the Sassanids, Ostrogoths, and the Arab Kingdoms(don't know which one they're doing yet) would all be needed since they're all on that part of the map. No, I'm pretty sure the guys are going north before they head east.

Britain and northern gaul I believe are the next major change. That will include the franks, saxons, romano-britains and the picts. First we will need a map. Nevada created the original one. I don't know if he will have a chance to extend it.

For the next patch I will probably work on the the aux, and foederatti units for the WRE, maybe a frankish mercenary and changes to the huns to revamp some of their units.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Gent~ View Post
    Midnite, please also include the option to "View Settlement on the BattleMap" as well. Also, if we can have all of the British Isles and perhaps slightly extend the map past modern day Denmark that would be cool.

Thanks for all your hard work!
    You are welcome.
    I would like to add the view settlement option. The team members will have to discuss that option.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

@Midnight. Dont know if Nevada is still around but I was able to open up the campaign map using Geomod. You can find Geomod in the mod workshop section. In the next version of Geomod your be able to use it to extend the map in any direction. If that helps or anything with extending your map.

If you do decide to go east would it be too difficult to just make a clone of the Visigoths for an Ostrogoth faction, and a clone of WRE for ERE faction. Switch out a few unit add a couple more in a later version. I dont know how difficult that would be?

Thanks Mid!
    looking good.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Are you planning to replace the voices soon-ish? Not trying to pressure you (Honest!).
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Julianus Flavius View Post
    Are you planning to replace the voices soon-ish? Not trying to pressure you (Honest!).
    The music is planned to be changed in the future. I believe we will also have someone who can speak latin redo the voices for the Roman factions.

You are welcome.
    I would like to add the view settlement option. The team members will have to discuss that option.
    That's great Midnite as it would be so cool to view the settlement on the Battlemap just like in Rome Total War.

Midnite, is it possible that the portait of the female Roman characters can be changed? I think they coold use a much needed overhaul to something more pleasant from examples of female portraits in late Antiquity. What do you think?

midnite's Avatar Citizen

That's great Midnite as it would be so cool to view the settlement on the Battlemap just like in Rome Total War.

Midnite, is it possible that the portait of the female Roman characters can be changed? I think they coold use a much needed overhaul to something more pleasant from examples of female portraits in late Antiquity. What do you think?

That is one project that we have not had time for. The portraits would be a big improvement

keep up the great work I'd like to see Sassanids soon so that I can I can conquer them with ERE
    great work u have done let the power be on your side ( )

That is one project that we have not had time for. The portraits would be a big improvement
    This will be nice. I will look for some nice female late antiquity portraits for you.

By the way, I think it would be great to see the view the settlement on the Battlemap feature implemented- it certainly can be done with the file I showed you. I hope it makes it through.

Thank you for your hard work Midnite, Rio, and everyone!

midnite's Avatar Citizen

This will be nice. I will look for some nice female late antiquity portraits for you.

Some side profiles would be great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast