Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug reports for new RC/RR compilation

Default Re: Bug reports for new RC/RR compilation

Quote Originally Posted by Santiago de Pola View Post
    No..wrong.

Install SS 6.0 part1 and part2, install the SS 6.1 patch(not 6.2 patch) without ticking any boxes!

And then install the latest RR/RC files!
    Sorry, that was a typo
    and yes, I Installed SS 6.0 part1 and part2, then install the SS 6.1 patch and then the compilation.
    No other mod is installed.

Thank you for you reply

CTD; recurring. Playing Teutonic Order-no BGR IV Oct. 30 fix applied. Year 1320. Using G5's modified economy script as found in this post. (this seems to help with the save/reload ctds, though I don't know if this has been an issue in the late campaign)

Crash happens on AI turn: Poland- no error message, just a black screen with the spinning hourglass. Including my system log and the last save before the crash.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

m
    have you tried loading the autosaved game?
    I have had a CTD when a crusade target gets captured on early era campaign but on reloading the autosave the game went past the event with no problems.
    as it happened soon after you started the game session it's unlikely to be memory related.

wow, fast reply . I'll try that now. The crash originally happened after playing for an hour or 2, so I quit for a while/rebooted my comp to make sure it wasn't a graphics overheat or memory crash. When I loaded that last save after the wait, I ended the turn and it crashed again. I'll try the autosave and hopefully you wont hear from me again (no news is good news).

nope-still crashes on the Poles turn. I'm starting to think that it's not the 'crusade_target_taken' log entry that's causing the crash. I had the view set over the target settlement and it didn't appear to be captured by crusaders. If I run this again, I might try taking fow off and seeing what the Poles are up to ( I think it might be something the Poles are doing -or having done to them, I heard a stratmap "death sound" right before the crash- that may be causing the crash). Could the fact that I just made them my vassals (about a turn or 3 ago) have anything to do with it?

oops, sorry for double post
    Last edited by merlinuscdxx; November 25, 2009 at 04:04 AM. Reason: sorry for dblpost

m - I've not played late campaign much.
    so not familiar with its scripts etc.

take fow off and let us know what's happening when it crashes.
    (not that the game actually shows everything when you remove fow.)

After checking with fow turned off, it appears that the crash is actually occurring right at the beginning of the Hungarians' turn (not the end of Poland's, as I thought earlier). I'm unable to see what is actually happening in Hungarian territory because the view shifts over into my line of sight during the Turks' turn (they are moving forces across my LOS). I tested two different saves of the turn in question, and it occurred at the same time in both attempts.

Hopefully loading from an earlier save will circumvent this ctd.

Hi guys,

I havent been playing this game for some time now but as i finally managed to get some time to play i noticed a significant increase in turn time comparing to the previous version of RR/RC mod compilation (the one from april i think). It takes so long even from the first turns. Is it normal ?
    Also even though i have the advisor turned off the ekhm.. lady pops up every time i get the window for battle (you know compare the size of your.. army, who has better troops etc.) can i switch it of in some file ?

But in the end it is a great mod.

@ Rozanov,

I think I may have found what's causing the crash, check out the screens of the Hungarian crusade army
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It appears that the Hungarian leader has no name. Is there any way to get rid of that army through the console so I can continue my game?

m
    the only way you can remove an army is by using the console and the name of the general or other identifying label.
    is it the faction leader or faction heir - has 35 men in unit?
    why the name is blank I don't know.
    might be worth mentioning to PB to see if he's aware of any problems.

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Ok, I've got a crash. I just downloaded the SS 6 and 6.1 and this mod right here. I tried to enter the campaign, but then I get a crash to desktop.. Any help?

Here's the last of my log:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Couldn't find region name 'Mystras_Province' in stringtable
    15:19:00.265 [system.io] [trace] file open,,0ADE7740,11510976
    15:19:00.265 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map.rwm (from: C:\Programfiler\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    15:19:00.406 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/custom_tiles_db.txt
    15:19:00.406 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_sounds_music_types.txt (from: C:\Programfiler\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    15:19:00.406 [system.io] [trace] file open,,11FEC0D8,4604
    15:19:00.406 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_sounds_music_types.txt (from: C:\Programfiler\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    15:19:00.515 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Laetus

Mongols in descr_faction_standing is muslim. Need edit religious triggers. And impossible to find timurids

That will be a lot of work by hand.

EDIT: done for next update.
    Last edited by Point Blank; December 03, 2009 at 12:04 PM.

Byzantine Empire Campaign
    Early Era
    Latest RC/RR Compilation
    Downloaded Alberi di Famiglia Regal
    Installed Everything Properly
    Crash on Campaign map turn 3 when it approaches my turn.
    Using BGR and Byg's AI.
    Never got this error before............
    Possible causes for error thus: The ability to use scutage appears around this time, I believe, and I have never used Alberi di Famiglia Regal before. So, it must either be something BGR related or Alberi di Famiglia Regal related. I will start a new game, do everything exactly the same, and see if it happens again.
    "There must be a positive Passion for the public good, the public Interest, Honor, Power, and Glory, established in the Minds of the People, or there can be no Republican Government, nor any real Liberty. And this public Passion must be Superior to all private Passions. Men must be ready, they must pride themselves, and be happy to sacrifice their private Pleasures, Passions, and Interests, nay their private Friendships and dearest connections, when they Stand in Competition with the Rights of society." - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by zchmrkenhoff View Post
    Byzantine Empire Campaign
    Early Era
    Latest RC/RR Compilation
    Downloaded Alberi di Famiglia Regal
    Installed Everything Properly
    Crash on Campaign map turn 3 when it approaches my turn.
    Using BGR and Byg's AI.
    Never got this error before............
    Possible causes for error thus: The ability to use scutage appears around this time, I believe, and I have never used Alberi di Famiglia Regal before. So, it must either be something BGR related or Alberi di Famiglia Regal related. I will start a new game, do everything exactly the same, and see if it happens again.
    After starting a new campaign without changing anything that I listed above, the same crash happened during the same event, which, as I mentioned before, was the approach into my turn during turn three. Since I've never come across this problem before while browsing the threads, I don't much know what I am to do, but I will keep searching them until I know what is going on. I did look up in the Alberi di Famiglia Regal forum and people seem to not be able to play at all, so does that make my problem... different? I might just remove this mod then.
    Last edited by zchmrkenhoff; December 03, 2009 at 08:17 PM.
    "There must be a positive Passion for the public good, the public Interest, Honor, Power, and Glory, established in the Minds of the People, or there can be no Republican Government, nor any real Liberty. And this public Passion must be Superior to all private Passions. Men must be ready, they must pride themselves, and be happy to sacrifice their private Pleasures, Passions, and Interests, nay their private Friendships and dearest connections, when they Stand in Competition with the Rights of society." - John Adams

Am I the only person who is having problems with not being able to build paved roads?

I stopped playing for a couple weeks. I just started a new campaign with Novgorod and once I upgrade the walls( 17,000 pop) I still can't build paved roads.

Unfortunately this is a game breaker for me. I won't play with my major cities without roads. 3 campaigns in a row I have stopped from not being able to build paved roads. Am I the only one having this problem?

Its not a bug. Very few areas of Europe had paved roads and only certain areas are able to build them, Russia not generally being strong in that regard. Medieval Europe was extremely backward, and it was regarded as mostly the province of the mad or foolhardy to go on journies outside the immediate area.

Calling it a 'game breaker' is just silly.

You can add improved_roads in data/world/maps/descr_region and delete map.rwm to give ability to build paved roads to a region.

i have somethings like this with my canon of holy.....

Can u fix it???

What is wrong?

or this is normal???

PS.Sorry for picture
    Last edited by Ruda_STR; December 04, 2009 at 04:43 AM.