Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug reports for new RC/RR compilation

Default Re: Bug reports for new RC/RR compilation

I'm using the latest (Oct 25th) hotfix, but this problem was occurring before.
    In siege battles the AI wants to assign your most inappropriate units to the battering ram/ladders/siege towers; it seems fond of giving the battering ram to archers.
    Obviously not a big deal - I can still change it - but vanilla seemed to make better choices for siege equipment assignations.

Quote Originally Posted by Moranimator View Post
    I'm using the latest (Oct 25th) hotfix, but this problem was occurring before.
    In siege battles the AI wants to assign your most inappropriate units to the battering ram/ladders/siege towers; it seems fond of giving the battering ram to archers.
    Obviously not a big deal - I can still change it - but vanilla seemed to make better choices for siege equipment assignations.
    This isnt a real issue, or a bug for that matters. unless you have the habit to start those battles right over with out any planning, anyway, it isnt a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    I notice that if you finish a req building for a particular unit before they appear (Say, gunsmith ) it will take a REALLY long time for those units to show up after the event, I think it took over 10 turns before I could build a bombard in Lisbon even though I finished the gunsmith long before bombards became avalible, by that time I was already going to war with bombards made from other settlements that finish the gunsmith after the cannon event.

Similar issue seem to exist when my granadine crossbows cav became avalible. though I do wonder why they appear so far behind the mounted crossbow even in the first place
    Bombard is available after first_blast_furnace event, with replacement rate of either 0.15 at low-level smiths, or 0.1 at high-level ones, because the higher-level ones have priority to produce more advanced weapons.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Have posted new thread on installing on a win7 64 bit system. (Eventually sorted it out.)

re advisor - G5's alternate battle AI's require the battle advisor, so it pops up even if you turn the advisor off.

Well, I figured out my comps problem, and it was the RAM the whole time, /face palm. I've installed the RR/RC perfectly, however im getting a few texture issues, I've got the advisor guy randomly at my top left and all my menus and certain symbols are completely white and the menu is smaller for some reason. Heres a pic!

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

Unpack this to mods/SS/data/ui
    Should help.
    Last edited by gracul; October 26, 2009 at 09:10 PM.

Trinity's Avatar Libertus

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I installed the Oct. 25 hotfix to find this. This is Lithuania's Faction Heir, with whats looks like the mirror shield from Zelda.

Haha a mirror shield. ALso thank you for that UI zip, its working now, my only problem now is that for some reason the game will try to load a campaign, and simply CTD with no error msg or anything :/

Artifex

Well can u post the log file?

themoob's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by themoob View Post
    I just started a new campaign as the Byzantine Empire, using 6.1 and the latest version of RR/RC.

Every semi-large battle I have, the game freezes a few minutes into the battle.

Does anyone know which mod would be causing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by themoob View Post
    I've played a Novgorod campaign through 150 turns before quitting previously, and only suffered one CTD (CTD, not a freeze like this), as well as a few battles in a HRE campaign and an England campaign, so it's something about the Byzantines.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernah View Post
    Haha a mirror shield. ALso thank you for that UI zip, its working now, my only problem now is that for some reason the game will try to load a campaign, and simply CTD with no error msg or anything :/
    Probably isnt save game compatible. have you try start a new campaing. but yeah post the log, that usualy helps.

EDIT: Instead of posting it, ill make a megaupload, theres ALOT of text, but its saying that a bunch of files are missing. Also it will say the path as teutonic, as this is the only way I can play through it through STEAM atm (god i hate steam), but that shouldn't be the problem I wouldnt think :/

ANyways, heres the link!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=81818TRR
    Last edited by Vernah; October 27, 2009 at 09:33 AM.

Hey find another ctd, when i right click on spanish arcabusier card ( playing with portugal) to see the unit description, and picture it give me a CTD. the same thing always happen with the armor factory.

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Vernah View Post
    EDIT: Instead of posting it, ill make a megaupload, theres ALOT of text, but its saying that a bunch of files are missing. Also it will say the path as teutonic, as this is the only way I can play through it through STEAM atm (god i hate steam), but that shouldn't be the problem I wouldnt think :/

ANyways, heres the link!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=81818TRR
    Lets try smth.
    Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jowzxg2zmi2
    Put it inside mods\ss\data\banners and run it, then put it inside mods\ss\data\models_strat\textures and run it, u can delete it after youve ran it.
    Check if the game works.

I was having the same problem with loading saves and with battle crashes due to the G5 script, but this "renamer.exe" solution seems to be working. I need to test it further, but it seems ok for now.

Quote Originally Posted by gracul View Post
    Lets try smth.
    Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jowzxg2zmi2
    Put it inside mods\ss\data\banners and run it, then put it inside mods\ss\data\models_strat\textures and run it, u can delete it after youve ran it.
    Check if the game works.
    Ive got no idea what it did but make some random files, but it works now LOL! Thank you, now I can start spending 200 hours editing stuff and breaking it again!

Hey i realize the ctds of The spanish arquebusiers, and armor factory, are related with Data campaings:1370_1450.
    I swicth to early data, and experiment to continue my 1450 campaing, anmd i didnt have Any CTD when i try to view the panel description, of Armor factory, and Spanish arquebusier on campaing.

i can view the spanish arcabusier panel on battle map, though. This persists even with 28 october hot fix.
    here from my recent log.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    15:56:52.728 [system.io] [trace] exists: 6466: caching file: mods/stainless_steel_6/data/ui/unit_info/portugal/portuguese_arquebusiers_info.tga (1210332652)
    15:56:52.728 [system.io] [trace] exists: 6467: caching file: mods/stainless_steel_6/data/ui/unit_info/portugal/portuguese_knights_info.tga (1210339572)
    15:56:52.728 [system.io] [trace] exists: 6468: caching file: mods/stainless_steel_6/data/ui/unit_info/portugal/prussian_archers_info.tga (1202268793)
    15:56:52.729 [system.io] [trace] exists: 6469: caching file: mods/stainless_steel_6/data/ui/unit_info/portugal/reiters_info.tga (1202273910)
    15:56:52.729 [system.io] [trace] exists: 6470: caching file: mods/stainless_steel_6/data/ui/unit_info/portugal/se_bodyguard_info.tga (1210333126)
    15:56:52.729 [system.io] [trace] exists: 6471: caching file: mods/stainless_steel_6/data/ui/unit_info/portugal/se_late_bodyguard_info.tga (1210333906)
    15:56:52.729 [system.io] [trace] exists: 6472: caching file: mods/stainless_steel_6/data/ui/unit_info/portugal/soldatos_reformados_arquebusiers_info.tga (1212577637)
    15:56:52.729 [system.io] [trace] exists: 6473: caching file: mods/stainless_steel_6/data/ui/unit_info/portugal/spanish_arquebusiers_info.tga (1210332652)
    15:56:52.729 [system.io] [trace] exists: 6474: caching file: mods/stainless_steel_6/data/ui/unit_info/portugal/spear_militia_info.tga (1210252118)
    15:56:52.729 [system.io] [trace] exists: 6475: caching file: mods/stainless_steel_6/data/ui/unit_info/portugal/swordsmen_militia_info.tga (1210250402)
    15:56:52.729 [system.io] [trace] exists: 6476: caching file: mods/stainless_steel_6/data/ui/unit_info/portugal/urban_spear_militia_info.tga (1210255719)
    15:56:52.730 [system.io] [trace] exists: 6477: caching file: mods/stainless_steel_6/data/ui/unit_info/portugal/war_galley_info.tga (1178249168)
    15:56:52.730 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/ui/unit_info/portugal/Spanish_Arquebusiers_info.tga (from: C:\Medieval2)
    15:56:52.730 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/ui/unit_info/portugal/Spanish_Arquebusiers_info.tga (from: C:\Medieval2)
    15:56:52.730 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/ui/unit_info/portugal/Spanish_Arquebusiers_info.tga,222956
    15:56:52.730 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/ui/unit_info/portugal/Spanish_Arquebusiers_info.tga (from: C:\Medieval2)
    15:56:52.751 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    15:56:52.751 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    15:56:53.248 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; October 28, 2009 at 11:53 AM.

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by merlinuscdxx View Post
    I was having the same problem with loading saves and with battle crashes due to the G5 script, but this "renamer.exe" solution seems to be working. I need to test it further, but it seems ok for now.
    Actually its done nothing for you, it would only work for Vernah...

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Using this compilation, no BGRIV Oct. 30 hotfix applied. Unable to load saved games. Playing Franks, early era, close to turn 45 or 50, M stratmap/VH battles difficulty(not exactly sure, since I get a black screen with hourglass cursor on loading). I've tried both of the saves I have for that campaign, but no dice. This always seems to occur after I turn the comp. off and don't play M2TW for a day or 2. I haven't been able to play a campaign for more than 50 turns or so since the Oct 24 hotfix and it's getting really frustrating. System log attached.