Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2237383940414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast

Thread: Bug reports for new RC/RR compilation

Default Re: Bug reports for new RC/RR compilation

Hehe ok thanks a lot PB.

By the way do you know any way of getting voices for every faction with a non-english game ?

Edit : Nevermind, found it !
    Last edited by Shoryn; August 09, 2010 at 07:43 PM.

I've not had any problems since I reinstalled MTW2 and RR/RC (back on my computer for the first time in about a year! And sorely missed!) and indeed I rarely had problems before. However, I have just started to have a lot of crashes when going into battles, and I don't know how or where I should report these things to find out what i've done wrong. Could someone please tell me what I should post, and if its log files etc, where I would find them them?

Cheers very much!

Did you install a new BattleAI?

No, I'm afraid I didn't, and my install should be clean as I only reinstalled the game a few weeks ago. I've not done any tinkering myself, only installed SS and RR/RC updates etc
    I was playing a 1450 campaign, but one day the save game failed to load, and I think at this point the game crashed when I started a battle in a new campaign, but I'm not positive about this. Either way, I saw this as a good time to load up the file in the Final Beta thread and start another new campaign, and this does crash quite a lot when I start a battle in a campaign.
    I'm not far in, so I don't have a wide base of examples as to exactly when it crashes, but so far it has been when attacking a rebel city and another time was a sally against a scottish siege force. It doesn't crash with every time I try to fight a battle, but when it does crash on a certain battle, it will always crash ie reloading the save game and trying again does not help. Auto resolve is the only way to move forward without a crash) I'm playing as England.

I just installed your very latest compilation mod and started a Late Era Campaign as England VH VH.
    I played a battle against a Scottish force which had York under seige, with no problems at all.
    But now I'm trying to take the Rebel castle in Wales and I CTD when the battle starts to load. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Playing as HRE Late Campaign. In Naples, there is an option to build a mine with 0 income. There are no metals in Naples.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

I've found this strange rider on a "mounted riders" unit (i think) when fighting rebels.
    i guess it is a bug....

Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I just installed your very latest compilation mod and started a Late Era Campaign as England VH VH.
    I played a battle against a Scottish force which had York under seige, with no problems at all.
    But now I'm trying to take the Rebel castle in Wales and I CTD when the battle starts to load. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Post the log.

Would love to, but this is my first CTD problem with RRRC so I'm afraid I'm new to error reporting and therefore I don't where to find the log! If someone could point me in the right direction, then I'll happily post it. Cheers very much!

SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\logs

For England Men's Avatar Miles

plus rep to rozanov

Ducenarius

I am pretty sure that william wallace emergance needed to be fixed.
    Its year 1270 and i am at war with scotland(england) and at scotlands turn the game crashes.
    The log says tha Highland rabble cannot be created.
    I am using the final beta rr/rc because i didn't want to restart my campaing once more.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

apologies for not updating the O/P -
    can people PM with anything that needs correcting adding - 47 pages is a lot to read.

Highland Rabble were removed. Maybe PB forgot to change the scripted army of Wallace to include the new peasants instead of the Rabble.

Check whatever file governs such events (maybe campaign_script.txt; or maybe there's a an event file; anyway, it should be in the data folder) and see if I am right.

Speaking of "Cathar Heretic of Bulgaria"...once I had "Peter Bulgaria of Bulgaria".

Edit: Ok, in the campaign_script.txt there's a wallace_spawned script. The army that's supposed to be created includes 4 Highland Rabble units (I'm still using the March patch). If yours does too, try changing "Highland Rabble" to whatever the name of the new peasant unit is (check the EDU for that). See what happens.
    Last edited by k/t; August 17, 2010 at 01:19 AM.

got an error while playing HRE and being attacked by Venice at the bridge of Venice (already own the city)

using final beta
    Last edited by napoleonic; August 17, 2010 at 02:14 AM.

wtf???? why is it uber stutterring & lagging on Venice? when I took the city from them it was normal, but now whether I'm salying out or defending it's unplayable

what was the cheat to do auto win?

*edit, found the cheat

so wtf is up with venice battlefield? as I said, when I assaulted it, it was fine, but now it's uber laggy when I defend it.

the lag itself is so weird, it's like something bottlenecked...
    Last edited by napoleonic; August 17, 2010 at 03:45 AM.

Ducenarius

K/t you are right.
    I have posted this problem 1 month ago but PB told to re-start the campaing.
    So now i am sure that Wallace's army need to be fixed

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Getting the same CTD error on end turn from a couple of saves around the same year; been a while since I've had to post here so what do I edit to show the log and where can I find it?

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs\
    If there's no sufficient info in log file, try editing .cfg file in SS main dir:

[log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    level = * trace
    ;level = * error
    ------------------------------------
    this version for maximum data:

[ai]
    ltgd_logging = true

[log]
    to=logs/auh.system.log.txt
    level = * trace
    file = game.script.* logs/pkh.script2.log.txt
    file = game.script* logs/pkh.script.log.txt
    file = game.script logs/pkh.scriptoutput.log.txt
    file = ai.ltgd logs/pkh.ai.log.txt

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

Hello, here is the first crash from a new campaign I started. It happened as the battle screen loaded for when a rebel army beseiged Nottingham and began its assault in the following rebel turn phase.
    Is this enough of the log, or should I post more? Thanks for any help.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/BlockSet/North_European/Animations/Tower_Castle_Animations/Castle_Large_Stone_Tower_Animations/large_castle_square_8m_balista_tower_animation_a.mesh (from: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    21:25:01.317 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/BlockSet/North_European/Animations/Tower_Castle_Animations/Castle_Large_Stone_Tower_Animations/large_castle_square_8m_balista_tower_animation_a.mesh,125578
    21:25:01.317 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/BlockSet/North_European/Animations/Tower_Castle_Animations/Castle_Large_Stone_Tower_Animations/large_castle_square_8m_balista_tower_animation_a.mesh (from: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    21:25:01.419 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/settlements/north_european/castles/castle/north_european_castle_a.world,,,-20500995
    21:25:01.850 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.