Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast

Thread: Bug reports for new RC/RR compilation

Default Re: Bug reports for new RC/RR compilation

Hello there,

Is there a way to fix England's family members surnames ? In descr_strat some of them are meant to get "Beauclerc" and in the game they don't, so the family is full of no-surname guys, which isn't really cool .

Thanks anyway.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

The tree is fine and displays correctly. Only one character has Beauclerc, and that is Henry. I don't understand what you're complaining about...
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Well I think a picture is worth a thousand words (the tree itself is working fine, it's only a matter of names).

All these are family members and direct descendants of either King Henry (meant to be Beauclerc) or Prince Robert (meant to be Curthose). Why "meant to be" ? Because if you remove their "heir" and "leader" status in the descr_strat (and give it temporarily to another char) they are just named "Henry" and "Robert" without the surnames.

Well, you said in another topic that all sons take the name of the most "high" char in the family tree, so in this case it should be William. I tried to give him of_Normandy name, but I can't launch a new campaign after that, when I choose England, the game get me back to the main menu. The same if I change anything in the relatives in fact. I tried to remove all the relatives to keep just one line (William and his sons) and I'm able to add/change names. If I add a 2nd relative line (Henry Beauclerc and Edyth e.g.), without a son, it works. If I add a son to the 2nd relative line or if I add a 3rd relative line (as in the original descr_strat), it doesn't work anymore.

Well it's a small issue but I would like to solve this little problem of names, because I think it's not intended for english original family members to don't have surnames.

(Anyway, this mod is legendary.)

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

It's not a simple matter of "if I have William of Normandy at the top, then all of his descendents will be 'of Normandy' as well". Children take the surname of their father, unless the father does not have one, in which case they will either have none or you can custom create one in descr_strat. If William did have the surname of 'of Normandy', then his sons must have that same surname in descr_strat (or no surname listed) or else the descr_strat causes a CTD. But in this case he doesn't so then we are free to give different surnames to each of his male children. A good example is the early era Crusader Stats tree.

I just ran a test and can't replicate your problem. I gave Henry a son and the surname of Beauclerc displayed properly. So I don't know what to tell ya...
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Well, I was playing Stainless Steel with the newest compilation. I played late campaing with Republics of Genova and Pisa 'till I noticed that I can't recruit any Spear Militia. I checked the barracks and it said Pavise Spear Militia (max amount available) but in the recruitment screen there was only Urban Crossbow Militia and Cavarly Militia. And I tried to reinstall the whole game because I didnt find any other posts about it here and it didnt still work.
    So, there is no Pavise Spear Militia available for recruitment for Italian factions.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by ThyRapture View Post
    Well, I was playing Stainless Steel with the newest compilation. I played late campaing with Republics of Genova and Pisa 'till I noticed that I can't recruit any Spear Militia. I checked the barracks and it said Pavise Spear Militia (max amount available) but in the recruitment screen there was only Urban Crossbow Militia and Cavarly Militia. And I tried to reinstall the whole game because I didnt find any other posts about it here and it didnt still work.
    So, there is no Pavise Spear Militia available for recruitment for Italian factions.
    Try playing for more than one turn, they appear.

Quote Originally Posted by hippacrocafish View Post
    Try playing for more than one turn, they appear.
    Thats weird, they didnt appear at the first time. I played few turns 'till I noticed that I cant recruit them but now they did appear after the first turn. Thanks for the reply anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    It's not a simple matter of "if I have William of Normandy at the top, then all of his descendents will be 'of Normandy' as well". Children take the surname of their father, unless the father does not have one, in which case they will either have none or you can custom create one in descr_strat. If William did have the surname of 'of Normandy', then his sons must have that same surname in descr_strat (or no surname listed) or else the descr_strat causes a CTD. But in this case he doesn't so then we are free to give different surnames to each of his male children. A good example is the early era Crusader Stats tree.

I just ran a test and can't replicate your problem. I gave Henry a son and the surname of Beauclerc displayed properly. So I don't know what to tell ya...
    Really ? Ok so I think I should reinstall my game so, it should do the trick. Thanks

Edit : Reinstalled everything and getting the same problem... Well, nevermind.
    Last edited by Shoryn; July 31, 2010 at 10:10 AM.

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Anyone else still getting duplicated Roman (Byzantine) ancilliaries? They pop up with no description text, and I can't seem to track down the source of the problem! >_<

Ducenarius

Well i have a mysterious problem.
    2 days ago i had my PC peraired(i changed the fin cause it made too much noise)and when i took it back i played SS as always.
    Wll the problem is that i have lag not only at the battle map bat at the campaing as well.The fact is that it is not continiusly but during small periods.
    For example 1 min normal 1 min lag.

What is wrong with it?????????

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Cuman Archer Militia are entirely silver surfer!

Edit: in relation to the 'final beta' I mean.
    Last edited by Gnostiko; August 01, 2010 at 02:19 PM.

Ducenarius

Ehmmmm
    Someone plz answer

I turned off UAC and installed it..everything seem fine for my game ..especially BRGIV is working perfectly..can see descriptions and wealth..But i got another problem..When i playing as scotland and goes into battle with England..the map is loaded but when i press DEPLOY UNIT..it crashed..says Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit..

any idea?
    here is my last few line of system log..hope i give the correct log =p...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

08:15:22.700 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/ui/faction_symbols/scotland.tga,11708
    08:15:22.700 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/ui/faction_symbols/scotland.tga (from: C:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    08:15:22.701 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/old/generals/043.tga,40940
    08:15:22.701 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/ui/southern_european/portraits/portraits/old/generals/043.tga (from: C:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    08:15:22.702 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/ui/units/scotland/#Spear_Militia.tga,12332
    08:15:22.702 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/ui/units/scotland/#Spear_Militia.tga (from: C:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    08:15:22.702 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/ui/units/mercs/#Highlanders.tga,12332
    08:15:22.702 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/ui/units/mercs/#Highlanders.tga (from: C:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    08:15:22.703 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/ui/units/scotland/#Urban_Spear_Militia.tga,12332
    08:15:22.703 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/ui/units/scotland/#Urban_Spear_Militia.tga (from: C:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    08:15:22.703 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/ui/units/mercs/#Highland_Archers.tga,12332
    08:15:22.703 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/ui/units/mercs/#Highland_Archers.tga (from: C:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    08:15:22.704 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/ui/units/mercs/#Border_Horse.tga,12332
    08:15:22.704 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/ui/units/mercs/#Border_Horse.tga (from: C:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    08:15:22.708 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0588_Unexplored_Advisor_Request_Help_Trigger> fired
    08:15:23.133 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

2) If i want to remove my SS and reinstall SS..Do i need to uninstall everything include MTW2 and MTW2 : KINGDOM? or i just go to delete the stainless steel folder located in SEGA/Medieval total war/mods??

08:15:22.708 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0588_Unexplored_Advisor_Request_Help_Trigger> fired

Turn off your advisor.

Germanicu5 says his latest BAI fixes this problem, but I have yet to implement that.

Will check the Cuman Archer Militia, thanks.

Andrew1994: I don't think we can really answer this problem, if it occurred after a hardware change! Are you sure your fan is working? Maybe the graphics card or CPU is overheating and freezing for a minute?
    Last edited by Point Blank; August 04, 2010 at 09:39 AM.

The latest beta will include the Germanicu5 AI when ready?

Ducenarius

Well i asked help from some friends of mine(who are also members of this forum)and told me exactly the same.
    About temperature...
    I found out that it was risind too high temperatures while playing.
    So i will take it to the technician to fix it

i reinstalled everything and its work fine..thanks ya

Hi, I have a CTD when loading my England campaign.

Some turns after the Teutonic Order emergence, I saved and then reload but the game is saying "Unknown error" when trying to load the save (the loading bar fills to the end and then I got the error).

Last lines of system.log :
    17:51:10.154 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <siege_settlement> at line 6098 in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    17:51:10.154 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War a rencontré une erreur inconnue et va maintenat se fermer.
    Here is the complete one.
    Could you help me ?

I run on the last version (July 1) and it was working flawlessly before that.

The error seems to come from this line :

;============== Teutonic Order Emergent =================

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionIsLocal
    and I_TurnNumber = 125

add_events
    event emergent_faction teutonic_order
    date 0
    end_add_events

set_event_counter attack_Palanga 0

spawn_army
    faction teutonic_order
    character Herrmann von_Salza, named character, age 40, x 231, y 243, label teuton4leader, family
    traits Supplies 1 , Turnsaway 3 , FactionleaderTO 1, MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 3 , NaturalMilitarySkill 2 , GoodCommander 3 , Bloodthirsty 2 , BattleDread 2 , StrategyDread 2 , PublicFaith 3 , ContentGeneral 3 , Prim 2 , ReligionStarter 1
    unit TO Bodyguard exp 5 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Order Militia exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Sword Brethren exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Sword Brethren exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Burgher Pikemen exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Burgher Pikemen exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit NE Catapult exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Prussian Archers exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Prussian Archers exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Christ Knights exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Christ Knights exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Knechten exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Knechten exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Ritterbruder exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Ritterbruder exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    end
    console_command add_money teutonic_order, 10000

spawn_character teutonic_order random_name, priest, age 27, x 222, y 238
    spawn_character teutonic_order random_name, priest, age 35, x 224, y 236

historic_event teutonic_order_invasion event/teutonic_faction_intro.bik

console_command diplomatic_stance teutonic_order lithuania war
    console_command diplomatic_stance teutonic_order russia war
    console_command diplomatic_stance teutonic_order poland war
    console_command diplomatic_stance teutonic_order hungary war
    console_command diplomatic_stance teutonic_order kievan_rus war

if I_SettlementUnderSiege Palanga
    terminate_monitor
    end_if

if not I_CharacterTypeNearTile teutonic_order, named_character, 0, 231, 243 ;if character not standing where it should, avoid ctd
    terminate_monitor
    end_if

siege_settlement teuton4leader, Palanga, maintain
    set_event_counter attack_Palanga 1

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor
    Last edited by Shoryn; August 06, 2010 at 11:12 AM.

Well according to my last post I think my save is dead since the problem seems to come from the campaign_script.
    Could you tell me if I change this part of the campaign_script :

and I_TurnNumber = 125

add_events
    date 0
    end_add_events

set_event_counter attack_Palanga 0

spawn_army
    faction teutonic_order
    character Herrmann von_Salza, named character, age 40, x 231, y 243, label teuton4leader, family
    traits Supplies 1 , Turnsaway 3 , FactionleaderTO 1, MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 3 , NaturalMilitarySkill 2 , GoodCommander 3 , Bloodthirsty 2 , BattleDread 2 , StrategyDread 2 , PublicFaith 3 , ContentGeneral 3 , Prim 2 , ReligionStarter 1
    end

if I_SettlementUnderSiege Palanga
    terminate_monitor
    end_if

if not I_CharacterTypeNearTile teutonic_order, named_character, 0, 231, 243 ;if character not standing where it should, avoid ctd
    terminate_monitor
    end_if

siege_settlement teuton4leader, Palanga, maintain
    set_event_counter attack_Palanga 1

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

and I_TurnNumber = 126

set_event_counter attack_Riga 0

spawn_army
    faction teutonic_order
    character Conrad von_Thuringen, named character, age 30, x 250, y 254, label teuton4heir, family
    traits Supplies 1 , Turnsaway 3 , FactionheirTO 1, MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 3 , NaturalMilitarySkill 1 , GoodCommander 2 , LoyaltyStarter 1, Bloodthirsty 1 , StrategyDread 2 , PublicFaith 1 , ContentGeneral 3 , ReligionStarter 1
    unit TO Bodyguard exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Order Militia exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Christ Knights exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    end
    console_command add_money teutonic_order, 5000

if I_SettlementUnderSiege Riga
    terminate_monitor
    end_if

if not I_CharacterTypeNearTile teutonic_order, named_character, 0, 250, 254 ;if character not standing where it should, avoid ctd
    terminate_monitor
    end_if

siege_settlement teuton4heir, Riga, maintain
    set_event_counter attack_Riga 1

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType teutonic_order
    and I_IsFactionAIControlled lithuania
    and I_TurnNumber < 225

terminate_monitor

end_monitor

and I_TurnNumber = 217

spawn_army
    faction teutonic_order
    character random_name, named character, age 40, x 231, y 248, family, direction E
    traits Supplies 1 , Turnsaway 3 , MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 2 , NaturalMilitarySkill 1 , GoodCommander 2 , BattleDread 2 , StrategyDread 2 , PublicFaith 2 , Drink 2 , ReligionStarter 1
    end
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

and I_TurnNumber = 126

if I_EventCounter attack_Palanga = 1
    and I_CharacterExists teuton4leader
    and I_CharacterTypeNearTile teutonic_order, named_character, 0, 231, 243 ;if character not standing where it should, avoid ctd
    and not I_SettlementOwner Palanga = teutonic_order
    siege_settlement teuton4leader, Palanga, attack
    end_if

terminate_monitor

end_monitor

and I_TurnNumber = 127

if I_EventCounter attack_Riga = 1
    and I_CharacterExists teuton4heir
    and I_CharacterTypeNearTile teutonic_order, named_character, 0, 250, 254 ;if character not standing where it should, avoid ctd
    and not I_SettlementOwner Riga = teutonic_order
    siege_settlement teuton4heir, Riga, attack
    end_if

terminate_monitor

end_monitor

to become this :

and I_TurnNumber = 125

add_events
    date 0
    end_add_events

spawn_army
    faction teutonic_order
    end

end_monitor

and I_TurnNumber = 126

spawn_army
    faction teutonic_order
    character Conrad von_Thuringen, named character, age 30, x 250, y 254, label teuton4heir, family
    traits Supplies 1 , Turnsaway 3 , FactionheirTO 1, MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 3 , NaturalMilitarySkill 1 , GoodCommander 2 , LoyaltyStarter 1, Bloodthirsty 1 , StrategyDread 2 , PublicFaith 1 , ContentGeneral 3 , ReligionStarter 1
    unit TO Bodyguard exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Order Militia exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Christ Knights exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    end
    console_command add_money teutonic_order, 5000

end_monitor

and I_IsFactionAIControlled lithuania
    and I_TurnNumber < 225

terminate_monitor

end_monitor

and I_TurnNumber = 217

spawn_army
    faction teutonic_order
    character random_name, named character, age 40, x 231, y 248, family, direction E
    traits Supplies 1 , Turnsaway 3 , MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 2 , NaturalMilitarySkill 1 , GoodCommander 2 , BattleDread 2 , StrategyDread 2 , PublicFaith 2 , Drink 2 , ReligionStarter 1
    end
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

Basically I just removed all the siege actions which are lines that seems to break everything.
    I think if I start a new game with this script, I won't get this CTD again ? Just to be sure.

Thanks in advance .

Edit : Please anyone ?
    Last edited by Shoryn; August 09, 2010 at 09:03 AM.

Yes if you restart with your updated code you should be safe.

I'll have to re-examine that code, I thought it was pretty safe, though from what I understand gracul and Germanicu5 discovered the scripting system used by G5's BAI can in some way interfere with the counters used by the campaign script, hence causing issues with sieges etc.

How they discovered this is a mystery to me!

G5's newest BAI uses a different system that fixes this issue apparently (if that is indeed the issue rather than my crappy coding, which is probably more likely!)