Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug reports for new RC/RR compilation

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Bug reports for new RC/RR compilation

FWIW - I've added a change you can make to the campaign_script.txt which relocates the heretics from the Med to northern italy.

(It's in post 2 of this thread.)

I'm not up-to-date with hotfixes, will DL latest one once I get to the TO emergence on my current campaign, so don't know if it's already been added.

(Playing through to observe a few other changes I've made, re spies in Ireland and garrisoned_armies in Ireland and Khwarezm.)

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    FWIW - I've added a change you can make to the campaign_script.txt which relocates the heretics from the Med to northern italy.

(It's in post 2 of this thread.)
    Sorry, Rozzy, could you be a little more specific? I can't see anything in PB's post

Quote Originally Posted by TheBromgrev View Post
    The music works fine when I change the file descr_sounds_music.txt and delete both event.* files in the sounds folder. But I lose all sound effects and voices as a result.
    I have exactly the same problem..and I have vanilla M2 unpacked!

What could be causing this? Game does rebuilds the event files, but they are significantly smaller..only around 150kb!

Sorry, Rozzy, could you be a little more specific? I can't see anything in PB's post
    my second post - not PBs

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...52#post6133952

Quote Originally Posted by Byg View Post
    Funny you should say that. I have been working on freeing up a couple of stacks in my own campaign and have just succeeded. I tend not to produce updates for the non-bgr version as I do not play it and therefore am in no position to spot errors. So this update is for the BGRIV players. It managed to free a Crusader states stack that was stuck on the European side nr Constantinople and it also freed a Fatimid Stack stuck near Nicaea on the other side. These problems are really caused by settlements blocking passes and are mapping issues IMO. The update works by trying to guess when AI armies may be stuck in a region (though they may still be moving) and then giving them a "push".

The update also includes increased corruption and devastation by armies if using the BGR Campaign AI (Data_AI_Byg).

Installation:
    If you are currently playing the BGRIV version and BGR AI as well, unzip and place all the enclosed data, Data_AI_Byg & Data_BGRIV folders here:
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6 folder

If you are currently playing only one of either the BGRIV version or BGR AI , unzip and place ONLY the enclosed Data_AI_Byg & Data_BGRIV folders here:
    then reapply either the Data_AI_Byg or Data_BGRIV folders, as required to match your current installation, into your active data folder Here:
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data

If you are NOT currently playing BGRIV version and NOT using BGR AI , but may do in future then place ONLY the enclosed Data_AI_Byg & Data_BGRIV folders here:

Ps. Remember to always reapply the relvant BGRIV or BGR AI folder contents after every main compilation hotfix if you used them before the hotfix.

This update is to be applied AFTER you have used the October 17th hotfix.
    Awesome Byg. but im slightly confused. I play whatever the default is in the RR/RC compilation. I thought it was TheSavage AI and BGRIV but not BGRIV Enhanced. Will the update not work for me if im only playing the defaults? I guess a better question would be is there a difference between BGRIV and BGRIV Enhanced.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

The compilation is BGRIV Enhanced as of October. You are using the defaults (which contain BGR2) so no, those files wont help you.
    You could replace the same section with the one from BGRIV E version in your traits file, but as I say, I don't know if it needs to be different or not in the non-BGRIV E files. Here it is anyway:
    I left the old triggers in too, but disabled them.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ;============= Ai_Move TRIGGERS ============
    ;------------------------------------------
    ;Trigger Ai_MoveFix1_Add
    ; WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
    ;
    ; Condition not FactionIsLocal
    ; and not EndedInSettlement
    ; and RemainingMPPercentage = 100
    ; and Trait Ai_MoveFix < 1
    ;
    ; Affects Ai_MoveFix 1 Chance 100
    ;
    ;Trigger Ai_MoveFix1_Remove
    ; WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
    ;
    ; Condition not FactionIsLocal
    ; and RemainingMPPercentage < 100
    ; and Trait Ai_MoveFix = 1
    ;
    ; Affects Ai_MoveFix -1 Chance 100
    ;
    Trigger Ai_MoveFix1_Remove_Human
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition FactionIsLocal
    and Trait Ai_MoveFix = 1

Affects Ai_MoveFix -1 Chance 100
    ;added for bgr
    Trigger Ai_MoveFix1_Remove_IfMoved

Condition not FactionIsLocal
    and RemainingMPPercentage < 95
    and Trait Ai_MoveFix = 1
    and TimeInRegion < 2

;altered for bgr
    Trigger Ai_MoveFix1_Remove_Homeland

and not InEnemyLands
    and Trait Ai_MoveFix = 1

;altered for bgr
    Trigger Ai_MoveFix1_Remove_Besieging

and IsBesieging
    and Trait Ai_MoveFix = 1

;altered for bgr
    Trigger Ai_MoveFix1_Remove_Battle
    WhenToTest PostBattle

and Trait Ai_MoveFix = 1

;altered for bgr
    Trigger Ai_MoveFix1_Add_Outside_NotMoved

and not EndedInSettlement
    and TimeInRegion > 1
    and RemainingMPPercentage >= 95
    and Trait Ai_MoveFix < 1
    and not IsBesieging

Affects Ai_MoveFix 1 Chance 100
    ;altered for bgr
    Trigger Ai_MoveFix1_Add_TimeinRegion3EnemyLands

and InEnemyLands
    and TimeInRegion > 2
    and Trait Ai_MoveFix < 1
    and not IsBesieging

Affects Ai_MoveFix 1 Chance 100
    ;altered for bgr
    Last edited by Byg; October 18, 2009 at 10:48 AM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

I hate this thread, every time I see a new post in it I think there is something else bugged I'll need to fix

PB - please let us know what is fixed in the hotfixes so the thread is up to date

AFAIL everything up to now, except an issue where Kiev Senior Mounted Militia were silver, but that is done for next update. My priority now is to get a better connection.

just a minor bug to report here,this one can be easily fixed by anyone interested.

In Novgorod province the fur pelt and amber trade resources are on top of each other and makes the amber impossible to get a merchant on it.

open your descr_strat file located in your Stainless Steel Data folder/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign...

scroll down a second and look for the line that says ">>>> start of resources section <<<<". Amber is the first resource listed so just find "resource amber, 316, 274;novgorod" and add 1 to each number (317,275). the resources are beside each other on the campaign map now. If anyone is playing a custom campaign (either 1450 or late campaign) and still has this problem, go into your custom folder (located in SS6/data/world/maps/campaign) and make the changes there.

cheers,
    Last edited by TheJigglymonkey; October 19, 2009 at 05:44 PM.

OK I've posted the fix for the lack of garrisons in Galway and Cork in the second post of this thread.
    It uses the garrisoned_army command to fill in the units.
    I haven't bothered with a governor.

This likely doesn't really count as a bug report, but upon installing the latest couple of hotfixes, my saved games load fine, but all title ancillaries are scrambled up. Not a game-breaker, but it's rather strange to have titles to cities that my leaders don't even know exist, let alone been to.

This is with bygII (default install).

side note: I've tried BGIV and have no idea how to manage/get an idea of what my finances are. A total challenge!

if any changes are made to the traits then it's very likely that saved games won't handle them properly after applying hotfixes.

Indeed.

I'm still learning the game / mod, so a few restarts isn't a bad thing for me.

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

I'm having the same problem. I installed the Oct. 19 hotfix and started two new campaigns as the ERE and Khwarezm. Khwarzem traits are ok, but Byzantium traits are still messed up. I've had 2 nobles sitting in Adrianople (the oldest correctly gained the Adrianople title). However, after sending the youngest to take Sofia, he ended up with the title for Seville instead Does anyone know the console commad to remove/add retinue? I'd rather give him (and everyone else with the same problem) the correct retinue manually if there won't be a fix for this problem.

caralampio's Avatar Magnificus

I wonder if this can be called a bug. I got a merchants guild (the basic building) however my merchants trained there get the merchant guildsmaster trait (supposedly for having been trained at the merchants guild HQ).

Laetus

minor
    Mongolian shaman in the building broser, in the list of agents called Imam.
    In a custom battle on the side of Novgorod, the Cossacks gunners look like terminators.

major
    Crash of the game in the following situation: accession army under the leadership of captain Teshislav to the Lord Fedor(arround Turku). Log- save- files in attachments

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreDay View Post
    minor
    Mongolian shaman in the building broser, in the list of agents called Imam.
    That's a problem with the engine - it's because the Mongols are assigned a Middle Eastern culture, that their religious agents are called 'imams' but you'll notice on the strat map they properly show up as Shamans.

I'm having the same problem. I installed the Oct. 19 hotfix and started two new campaigns as the ERE and Khwarezm. Khwarzem traits are ok, but Byzantium traits are still messed up. I've had 2 nobles sitting in Adrianople (the oldest correctly gained the Adrianople title). However, after sending the youngest to take Sofia, he ended up with the title for Seville instead Does anyone know the console commad to remove/add retinue? I'd rather give him (and everyone else with the same problem) the correct retinue manually if there won't be a fix for this problem.
    You'll have to start a new game - the problem lies solely in the fact that you installed the hotfix without strating a new game!
    Last edited by Gnostiko; October 23, 2009 at 03:53 PM.

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostiko View Post
    You'll have to start a new game - the problem lies solely in the fact that you installed the hotfix without strating a new game!
    I did start a new game, hence why I posted the problem in the bugs thread. Reread the second sentence of my post I restarted (again), but haven't had time to reproduce the problem, as it seems to be a title-issue and not a general retinue one. Will post again later if I get the same problem as another faction.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by TheBromgrev View Post
    I did start a new game, hence why I posted the problem in the bugs thread. Reread the second sentence of my post I restarted (again), but haven't had time to reproduce the problem, as it seems to be a title-issue and not a general retinue one. Will post again later if I get the same problem as another faction.
    I investigated your problem also, when you first posted, but could find no fault in any of the ancillaries code. As you did start a new campaign we must assume the ancillaries file is somehow messed up, whether it's in your installation or everyone's I don't know. I did find it odd that the two cites mention had their code next to each other in the file and wondered if one had 'leaked' into the other (i.e an error in one let the other be read instead or something), but found nothing to support that.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E