Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug reports for new RC/RR compilation

Default Re: Bug reports for new RC/RR compilation

Did you install the both the main installer and hotfix into Med 2 folder, NOT the SS6 folder?

Had a player get an error I think in the bold code line below, with emergent TO:

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType teutonic_order
    and I_CharacterExists teuton4heir
    and I_EventCounter attack_palanga = 2
    if not I_CharacterTypeNearTile teutonic_order, named_character, 1, 250, 255
    move teuton4heir, 250, 255
    end_if
    if I_EventCounter attack_riga = 1
    siege_settlement teuton4heir, Riga, attack
    set_event_counter attack_riga 0
    end_if
    if I_CharacterTypeNearTile teutonic_order, named_character, 0, 249, 254
    siege_settlement teuton4heir, Riga, maintain
    set_event_counter attack_riga 1
    end_if
    if I_CharacterTypeNearTile teutonic_order, named_character, 1, 250, 255
    end_if
    if I_SettlementOwner Riga = teutonic_order
    terminate_monitor
    end_if
    end_monitor

I had to remove a bunch of these siege_settlement commands in TATW to stop CTD's with them.

Seriously, can we just remove a lot of these scripted sieges? Palanga and Riga are set as Horde Targets, so the TO should go for them anyway.

Or any other suggestions for making the sieges work properly, rather than just for one turn then stop sieging? I'm no scripting expert, could do with some help.
    Last edited by Point Blank; October 17, 2009 at 08:20 AM.

[QUOTE=Deadly Rabbit;6144735]
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea69 View Post
    Hello

I have installed correctly the mod (at least I think) and the last hotfix, but I am not able to start both Early and Late Campaign.

Choosing Late Camp brings me to an immediate CTD.
    With Early I can reach the Faction Selection Screen, but when I actually start the campaign I am redirected to the Campaign Selection Screen. I have already tried to delete the map.rwm file but this not helped.

Having exactly the same problem. Only the 1450 campaign works (sortof) Finding a lot of "unlocalised placement cards" and the first time I attempted a battle, got a ctd.

Should I go for a full reinstall? So far as I can figure out, I've installed correctly on this one.
    Hello PB

I am sorry but it seems impossibile to make your mod working.
    It's a real pity because I consider me a veteran SS player especially with RR/RC, and now I feel a little frustrated.

I redownloaded everything and this time I am pretty sure to have installed right, but the same problems occur: immediate CTD with Late Campaign and Early Campaign stopped after the Faction Selection.

Sounds to me there is something wrong somewhere that has nothing to do with my pc; I even tried to install on another pc of mine, but again the same results. Also no system log messages are available.

To be honest I have been given an error message after the main installation (before applying the hotfix) regarding the music.dat file. In fact I hear no music (only sound) in the game, but this should be a minor problem if only I was able to run the game!

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

Ok i've finally installed RR/RC to inspect the problem that ALE posted.

So let's start.

1) scripted sieges.
    They can work quite well, just need to be sure that the AI won't be too good in following orders... need to make sure that a faction won't siege themselves.

terminate_monitor
    end_if

end_if
    end_if
    end_if
    end_if
    end_monitor

2) barser's agent minimod.
    I don't actually understand how can RR/RC work on any system (oct12). I had it installed on a clean M2TW, and the files for barser's agent minimod were missing from my m2tw\data\models_strat\textures. I know that they r inside mods\ss\data\models_strat\textures but they shouldn't be there. That's a CTD at 100% loading bar when starting any campaign...

Andrea69: Yes we know there is a problem with the install files for some people. Try the torrent too. I am trying for 3 days now to upload new ones.

Make sure you install Hotfix.

MAke VERY sure you install main files and Hotfix in Med 2 folder, NOT SS6 folder.

Quote Originally Posted by gracul View Post
    Ok i've finally installed RR/RC to inspect the problem that ALE posted.

So let's start.

1) scripted sieges.
    They can work quite well, just need to be sure that the AI won't be too good in following orders... need to make sure that a faction won't siege themselves.

terminate_monitor
    end_if

end_if
    end_if
    end_if
    end_if
    end_monitor

2) barser's agent minimod.
    I don't actually understand how can RR/RC work on any system (oct12). I had it installed on a clean M2TW, and the files for barser's agent minimod were missing from my m2tw\data\models_strat\textures. I know that they r inside mods\ss\data\models_strat\textures but they shouldn't be there. That's a CTD at 100% loading bar when starting any campaign...
    OK I already added code to make sure it doesn't siege itself but your code is cleaner

Barsers files are all in the installer, which you will note installs into the Med2 folder, so that Barser's files can be installed into Med2/data/models_strat. They are there in both main installer and in hotfix.

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Hmmm, that's funny, I've never experienced this siege-then-move-away bug before. Re the 'Of Bulgaria' surname, in past builds I've simply blanked the name in names.txt as I was too lazy to track down all instances and delete.

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

Well hmm, i don't understand this. I'll reinstall everything from scratch.

EDIT: ok i c that those files are in the hotfix... but how come they did not install for me?
    Last edited by gracul; October 17, 2009 at 10:14 AM.

Thanks PB

I am downloading again with Torrent right now, and surprisingly it seems quite fast :-)

I saw in the main thread that other ones had the same problem with the install files.

Anyway I had installed it in the main MED2 folder, as it should be. Good for me to have a clean backup copy of SS 6.1 ready to use.

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Yes, that's what I was referring to. A screenshot of the rar's contents is attached. The music works fine when I change the file descr_sounds_music.txt and delete both event.* files in the sounds folder. But I lose all sound effects and voices as a result. Since the rar and original install did not include those folders, the game can't find them when it recreates the event.* files.

Are the voice/menu and battle sounds in a subdirectory that I missed?

They always rebuilt fine for me for some reason, I think because the last time I rebuilt sounds was on my other laptop. I suspect you might have to unpack your game (as was on my other laptop) to get at all the individual files, since they are in folders like data/sounds/individual/melee, and data/sounds/Voice/Human etc.

hey guys.....

i have this problem:

XYZ (RC,RR) has not been totally installed because of the following reason:

mods\Stainless_Steel_6\Data\sounds\Music.dat: This file contains invalid data. (error 21FC)

You will have to run this utility again to completely install XYZ
    (RC,RR).

what should i do?

See post #25 above, or any of a hundred others.

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

The search function is your friend Seriously, if you do a search in the main RR/RC thread you'll find at least 10 other people posting about this problem, including myself. You'll also find several people talking about how they got it to work. First, make sure your files are the correct size. Sometimes Filefront craps out partway through the download. I managed to get everything working by using the torrent.

yes of corse.....the torrent - download....

but i have 0 seeds and 0 leeges

i don't konow what to do now

Finally!
    I can assure that the Torrent install WORKS, provided that you install the mod using the M2-called folder trick (or just whatever very short name) as PB suggests in the main page of the mod.

First look at Early Campaign (have not seen yet the Late one): amazing work, really a lot of new content that means it has been really worth trying and retrying the installation process. Good job PB!
    Also the new music is great, really more immersive just like MTW1.

caralampio's Avatar Magnificus

I can't build paved roads in Venice region. I conquered Milan and I can build paved roads there even though it is a smaller city. Paved roads don't even appear in the building browser of Venice, although it says that I will be able to build paved roads if I turn it into a castle (which I can't do anyway due to the city's size).

EDIT: Never mind, not a bug but a feature of the Oct 12 release.
    Last edited by caralampio; October 17, 2009 at 08:47 PM.

I'm encountering a problem with the AI pathfinding. A jihad was called on constantinople but they just cant seem to reach the city. When an army reaches the landbridge directly next to constantinople they stop for the turn just before crossing the water, even if they have movement points left. The land bridge IS there b/c I move armies across all the time. On the next turn the army turns around to find an alternate route but just comes back the next turn. This process just repeates its self over and over as there are 4 jihading armies in the area (with more on the way). There a way I can fix this myself? any ideas? This is the Byzantium early era campaign, turn 87.
    Last edited by RomaVictor87; October 17, 2009 at 08:09 PM.

I just think ppl don't read what the installer says. Those bugs reported (CTD after new campain) are related to the faulty installation.
    Oct15 installer should do it, I hope

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by RomaVictor87 View Post
    I'm encountering a problem with the AI pathfinding. A jihad was called on constantinople but they just cant seem to reach the city. When an army reaches the landbridge directly next to constantinople they stop for the turn just before crossing the water, even if they have movement points left. The land bridge IS there b/c I move armies across all the time. On the next turn the army turns around to find an alternate route but just comes back the next turn. This process just repeates its self over and over as there are 4 jihading armies in the area (with more on the way). There a way I can fix this myself? any ideas? This is the Byzantium early era campaign, turn 87.
    Funny you should say that. I have been working on freeing up a couple of stacks in my own campaign and have just succeeded. I tend not to produce updates for the non-bgr version as I do not play it and therefore am in no position to spot errors. So this update is for the BGRIV players. It managed to free a Crusader states stack that was stuck on the European side nr Constantinople and it also freed a Fatimid Stack stuck near Nicaea on the other side. These problems are really caused by settlements blocking passes and are mapping issues IMO. The update works by trying to guess when AI armies may be stuck in a region (though they may still be moving) and then giving them a "push".

The update also includes increased corruption and devastation by armies if using the BGR Campaign AI (Data_AI_Byg).

Installation:
    If you are currently playing the BGRIV version and BGR AI as well, unzip and place all the enclosed data, Data_AI_Byg & Data_BGRIV folders here:
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6 folder

If you are currently playing only one of either the BGRIV version or BGR AI , unzip and place ONLY the enclosed Data_AI_Byg & Data_BGRIV folders here:
    then reapply either the Data_AI_Byg or Data_BGRIV folders, as required to match your current installation, into your active data folder Here:
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data

If you are NOT currently playing BGRIV version and NOT using BGR AI , but may do in future then place ONLY the enclosed Data_AI_Byg & Data_BGRIV folders here:

Ps. Remember to always reapply the relvant BGRIV or BGR AI folder contents after every main compilation hotfix if you used them before the hotfix.

This update is to be applied AFTER you have used the October 17th hotfix.
    Last edited by Byg; October 18, 2009 at 06:51 AM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E