Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug reports for new RC/RR compilation

Amon Amarth's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Bug reports for new RC/RR compilation

Oh ofcourse!! sorry i forgot about that!! you rigth, thanks!

Playing as Venice, I keep getting CTD's against the ERE.

This is the last part of my System.log.txt file:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

06:03:40.850 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Siege_Advice_Equipment_Battering_Ram_Breaks_Through_Your_Gate_Trigger> fired
    06:03:40.851 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/BlockSet/Textures/variations/south_european/faction_variations/byzantium/SE_walls_castle_large_stone.texture
    06:03:40.851 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/BlockSet/Textures/variations/south_european/faction_variations/byzantium/variations/south_european/SE_walls_castle_large_stone.texture
    06:03:40.851 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/BlockSet/Textures/variations/south_european/variations/south_european/SE_walls_castle_large_stone.texture
    06:03:40.851 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/BlockSet/Textures/variations/south_european/faction_variations/byzantium/SE_walls_castle_large_stone.texture
    06:03:40.852 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/BlockSet/Textures/variations/south_european/faction_variations/byzantium/variations/south_european/SE_walls_castle_large_stone.texture
    06:03:40.852 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/BlockSet/Textures/variations/south_european/variations/south_european/SE_walls_castle_large_stone.texture
    06:03:40.852 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/BlockSet/Textures/variations/south_european/SE_walls_castle_large_stone.texture
    06:03:40.852 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/BlockSet/Textures/variations/south_european/SE_walls_castle_large_stone.texture
    06:03:40.852 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/BlockSet/Textures/variations/south_european/faction_variations/byzantium/SE_walls_castle_large_stone_normal.texture
    06:03:40.852 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/BlockSet/Textures/variations/south_european/faction_variations/byzantium/variations/south_european/SE_walls_castle_large_stone_normal.texture
    06:03:40.853 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/BlockSet/Textures/variations/south_european/variations/south_european/SE_walls_castle_large_stone_normal.texture
    06:03:40.853 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/BlockSet/Textures/variations/south_european/faction_variations/byzantium/SE_walls_castle_large_stone_normal.texture
    06:03:40.853 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/BlockSet/Textures/variations/south_european/faction_variations/byzantium/variations/south_european/SE_walls_castle_large_stone_normal.texture
    06:03:40.853 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/BlockSet/Textures/variations/south_european/variations/south_european/SE_walls_castle_large_stone_normal.texture
    06:03:40.853 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/BlockSet/Textures/variations/south_european/SE_walls_castle_large_stone_normal.texture
    06:03:40.853 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/BlockSet/Textures/variations/south_european/SE_walls_castle_large_stone_normal.texture
    06:03:51.475 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

It seems I'm missing some files, as the only folder I have under mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/BlockSet/Textures/variations/ is teutonic_order

I've tried downloading the latest RR/RC again, and installing that, but it's still the same.

Thanks, noted for next update

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Thanks, noted for next update
    Awesome.
    Any chance you could do a quick upload of the required files, if I ask nicely?
    I'd like to be able to continue the campaign, and auto-resolve against an enemy that both outnumber, and outpower me isn't a very good plan

Morfans's Avatar Semisalis

Silver surfer (Seljuk Bedouin cavalry officer) - see picture

When im extracting files from the RC/RR compilation to my MTW directory with 7-zip, it starts saying at the bottom "Error: Can not delete output file ....."
    I have no idea why, i installed vanilla with teutonic, got stainless steal, installed both parts, ran patch and got only the perm arrows, then tried to extract the compilations...Whats wrong?

Maryl's Avatar Laetus

Okay, my first try with this mod.

Started as Romans, early campaign starting 1100. I seem to able to build Ka'aba and St Mark's Basilica in Constantinople. This shouldn't be so, right?

Use 7zip and turn off UAC

Kind Regards
    Will

P.S And Eloste, there is no need to double post.
    Fancy Sigs are pointless.
    Also I use that Avatar on every forums, cba to get a different one.
    I've finished with "Kind Regards" in my post for years so dont feel you have to reward me for it(like someone kindly did).

Will

Playing as the Byzantine Empire, played from around 1100 to 1156, having tremendous fun. I load it up today....and the save won't load. Progress bar dosen't shift, sound dies away, and I wait. Wait close to twenty minutes, so I check the task manager. 'Program not responding'. Most annoying, as I'd literally just got a couple of proper castles in Sofia and....the one directly to the left of Constantinople, and was about to thrash the Turks.

Any help wound be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane! View Post
    How about we define the rights that allow a government to say that isn't within my freedom.

Hello,
    I was playing a custom battle when I noticed that the "Transylvanian Peasants" with armor (extra defence) are Invisible.
    Well, I guess since they are from Transylvania (where Count Dracula lived), maybe they should be spooky .
    Is there a quick fix to this?

Sincerely,
    nonnob3

Rolling Thunder, see http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...highlight=save . Apparently PB has fixed this issue and the fix will be in the update. I hope it is soon, as I want to start a HRE campaign. I have had the same problem, playing as scots, turn 60 and a few turns before that won't load.

Even though the OP of that thread may be right, what he does to campaign_script is comment out EVERY SINGLE siege line in the script. That sounds like overkill to me.

Delvecchio1975's Avatar Primicerius

With this ubermod it is now possible to beach your ships on dry land
    Last edited by Delvecchio1975; February 04, 2010 at 03:25 AM.
    Science flies you to the moon.
    Religion flies you into buildings.

Victor Stenger

Delvecchio1975's Avatar Primicerius

are kasogi (the ones on the right) supposed to look like this? the ones with the same image but fewer men on the left were something else, i don't remember what exactly ...
    Science flies you to the moon.
    Religion flies you into buildings.

Victor Stenger

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

D1975
    no they're not supposed to look like that.
    I understand PB will be fixing those issues soon.

I just had a very pleasant and timely bug.

Playing as Castile in the 1450 campaign, at war with Portugal(I lost Seville in a siege the previous turn). Just noticed that two new Castilian Generals have spawned near Murcia.
    There in there mid 20's high Chivalry, command, good traits. They actually look like AI generals (in that they kick ass) except they have been assigned to me.
    I didn't get any adoption notifactions or anything like that, they just popped into existence.
    Its quite odd.

I (Lithuania) got Poland down to one City, then they were attacked by Hungary. I offered them to become my vasal and they agreed without any other offers/demands. I received 30k florin the first round, after that it normalized to 3k / turn. Bug?

Only Germanicus ReallyBadAI ist installed additionally.
    Last edited by Black-; February 05, 2010 at 04:30 PM.

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

@Black-

This issue needs a correction via script, I noted it down in November (and forgot later on )- normally you'd get excess money that AI has, but some AI-aiding scripts need to be shut whenever AI becomes a vassal of a player.

It'd be great if you could upload your savegame (zip it first and upload afterwards), thx in adavance.

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

Very tiny bug, but Scottish Merchant Cavalry Militia and Feudal Knights have their images mixed up.

So I was having a CTD while loading a siege battle in my Poland campaign, as I mentioned a few pages back in this thread. I started a new campaign, again early Poland, and now I get the same crash when loading a siege battle against Cairo. Crash happens during loading bar screen, I go back to the OS with the "Medieval II has encountered an unexpected error" message.

End of my system log:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    21:54:38.664 [system.io] [trace] exists: 14576: caching file: mods/stainless_steel_6/data/unit_models/_units/lithuania/baltic_midle_spearmen/attachmentsets/tevt_midle_spearman_stuff_norm.texture (1225062508)
    21:54:38.664 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Midle_Spearmen/AttachmentSets/pole_midle_spearman_stuff_diff.texture (from: C:\M2\Medieval II Total War)
    21:54:38.664 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Midle_Spearmen/AttachmentSets/pole_midle_spearman_stuff_diff.texture (from: C:\M2\Medieval II Total War)
    21:54:38.664 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Midle_Spearmen/AttachmentSets/faction_variations/egypt/prus_midle_spearman_stuff_norm.texture
    21:54:38.664 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Midle_Spearmen/AttachmentSets/faction_variations/egypt/variations/middle_eastern/prus_midle_spearman_stuff_norm.texture
    21:54:38.664 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Midle_Spearmen/AttachmentSets/variations/middle_eastern/prus_midle_spearman_stuff_norm.texture
    21:54:38.664 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Midle_Spearmen/AttachmentSets/faction_variations/egypt/prus_midle_spearman_stuff_norm.texture
    21:54:38.664 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Midle_Spearmen/AttachmentSets/faction_variations/egypt/variations/middle_eastern/prus_midle_spearman_stuff_norm.texture
    21:54:38.664 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Midle_Spearmen/AttachmentSets/variations/middle_eastern/prus_midle_spearman_stuff_norm.texture
    21:54:38.665 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Midle_Spearmen/AttachmentSets/prus_midle_spearman_stuff_norm.texture (from: C:\M2\Medieval II Total War)
    21:54:38.665 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Midle_Spearmen/AttachmentSets/prus_midle_spearman_stuff_norm.texture (from: C:\M2\Medieval II Total War)
    21:54:38.665 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Midle_Spearmen/AttachmentSets/pole_midle_spearman_stuff_diff.texture (from: C:\M2\Medieval II Total War)
    21:54:38.666 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Midle_Spearmen/AttachmentSets/pole_midle_spearman_stuff_diff.texture,1398304
    21:54:38.666 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Midle_Spearmen/AttachmentSets/pole_midle_spearman_stuff_diff.texture (from: C:\M2\Medieval II Total War)
    21:54:38.710 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Midle_Spearmen/AttachmentSets/prus_midle_spearman_stuff_norm.texture (from: C:\M2\Medieval II Total War)
    21:54:38.711 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Midle_Spearmen/AttachmentSets/prus_midle_spearman_stuff_norm.texture,1398304
    21:54:38.711 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Baltic_Midle_Spearmen/AttachmentSets/prus_midle_spearman_stuff_norm.texture (from: C:\M2\Medieval II Total War)
    21:54:38.821 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Lith_late_Cavalry/textures/pole_lanc_cavalry_armor.texture (from: C:\M2\Medieval II Total War)
    21:54:38.821 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Lith_late_Cavalry/textures/pole_lanc_cavalry_armor.texture,1398304
    21:54:38.821 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Lith_late_Cavalry/textures/pole_lanc_cavalry_armor.texture (from: C:\M2\Medieval II Total War)
    21:54:38.854 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/unit_models/_units/Lithuania/Lith_late_Cavalry/textures/pole_lanc_cavalry_armor_normal.texture (from: C:\M2\Medieval II Total War)

I wonder if it's a poland-related problem; my french game (which didn't get as far) hasn't crashed.

And a quick thought: does Medieval II modify the system registry? My current installation is not "installed"; just copied over from backup after I reformatted my hard drive, and it seems to work OK. I have another M2 installation that is "installed", I should try copying my savegame over and see if it still crashes.

Edit: nope, still crashes.
    Last edited by Moranimator; February 08, 2010 at 09:23 PM.