Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug reports for new RC/RR compilation

Default Re: Late Era Campaign 1400 AD instant crash?

gaius valerius, can you give more details about that 1450 campaign crash ???

Default Re: Bug reports for new RC/RR compilation

Well am on my 4th attempt to download the 2nd part of the compilation.

The previous three install attempts have caused CTD - actually worse then that as had a black screen each time and had to do a hard reboot each time.

My favourite mod is ruined. What is going on?????
    The Devshirme
    On the night the scarlet horsemen took him away - from all that he knew and all he might have known - the moon waxed full in Scorpio, sign of his birth, and as if by the hand of God its incandescence split the alpine valley sheer into that which was dark and that which was light, and the light lit the path of devils to his door.

I'm not sure if this is only on my system or not, but the feathered plate helms worn by mounted arquebusiers (with the armor upgrade) lack a texture, and only appear simply black. The non feathered plate helms however do have textures. Could someone check them out in a custom battle and confirm if it affects them or not?

Since I installed rr\rc 6.2 game doesn't seem to remember my settings in sound options. Every time a start the game it sets the level of Main, Speech and Effects to 100% an I have to manually decrease it. I'm running the game on notebook with Windows XP SP3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharrow View Post
    Well am on my 4th attempt to download the 2nd part of the compilation.

The previous three install attempts have caused CTD - actually worse then that as had a black screen each time and had to do a hard reboot each time.

My favourite mod is ruined. What is going on?????
    Turn UAC off.

Other than doa full SS reinstall, if that doisnt work do a full m2tw reinstall.

Remember to extract the RR/RC files to the m2tw folder, not the SS folder.

Kind Regards
    Will
    Fancy Sigs are pointless.
    Also I use that Avatar on every forums, cba to get a different one.
    I've finished with "Kind Regards" in my post for years so dont feel you have to reward me for it(like someone kindly did).

Will

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Posted this in the relevant thread, but figured I might as well post here too in the event it's overlooked: I seem to have picked up the siege corruption bug from out of nowhere. Enomine's campaign_script fix hasn't fixed the problem for me (campaign_script edits are savegame compatible, IIRC?). Any other fixes or solutions around?

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

G - no not save game compatible -the campaign script is part of the saved game file.

Woot! The new download worked! It works wonderfully now! Local units can be recruited, no rtw peasant unit cards, and the game starts up on the first try. I'm like a kid in a candy store.

Only how can I turn off the no recruitment/building/taxation without a governer present. I play the game on VH/H and it's hard enough even with out that added in.

I think that is only there if you are using BGRIV

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Ah, darn, thanks for pointing that out Rozanov

*weeps*

Junior Militia for Novgorod / Kievan rus does not seem to have free upkeep in cities, though the unit card says that they should. The other militias work properly in that regard though.

You can add free_upkeep_unit to the Junior_Militia attributes in the EDU
    should solve the problem.

Thank you point blank. How do I turn it off while keeping the rest of the Byg features? And why in the hell do forts cost 15,000 to construct?

Ask Byg.

Foederatus

I noticed a small glitch with the Turkish Archer not using the right unit card from ui\units\turks
    Probably caused by it being merc ownership in the battle_modeldb, and 'all' in the EDU. Both instead of the Turks, so it uses the different unit card from the ui\units\mercs i guess.

I tried to fix it for myself, but somehow it didn't work. Posted it in http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=325840 if someone cares to take a look.

Just out of curiosity, are Polish Hussars (the first ones available) suppose to have a new skin? Mine still look like the awful vanilla ones in game, despite a new unit card/description picture, but I see many re-skins from BftB for other polish units (wonderful ones btw). Did my DL/install not get them working properly or have they simply not been changed?

edit: My mistake, they don't have a new unit card picture or description picture, so I will assume they just haven't been changed .
    Last edited by Enomine; January 18, 2010 at 09:28 PM.

This has been brought up plenty of times already and talked over, but what i would like to still see fixed most is AI not updating cities and castles. In my game they seem to be mostly just on the level they started at. And its sad to conquer underdeveloped areas constantly.

Another thing is like to see changed is some cities limted from building the biggest City Walls.. It's really frustrating after working for tens of turns to reach 35k+ citizines for Prague, just to notice it cant build them. While Vienna next to it, very similar seeming city, can. If nothing else, please someone atleast give me tip how i can mod that myself so that i can change it personally.

Otherwise, excellent work!

Ziltoid

huge stone walls can only be built by settlements which have the capital hidden_resource.

If you into the export_descr_buildings.txt you can edit the entry for huge stone walls so that they no longer require that hidden_resource.

if you look in the data/world/maps/base folder at the descr_regions.txt file search for capital and it'll show which are the regions that can have huge walls (and all the building upgrades you can only get with them.)

Amon Amarth's Avatar Libertus

Hi everone, i dont know if this is a bug or whatever, playing as Roman Empire early era, a princess come of age, i recive the pop up text about her and already some proposals to merry her, but the problem is that i cant find her in any city?! i try to look in the faction list scrool and notingh i only find her in the family tree... ist a bug? or just invisibel?

Thanks in advance

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Amarth View Post
    Hi everone, i dont know if this is a bug or whatever, playing as Roman Empire early era, a princess come of age, i recive the pop up text about her and already some proposals to merry her, but the problem is that i cant find her in any city?! i try to look in the faction list scrool and notingh i only find her in the family tree... ist a bug? or just invisibel?
    Only the daughters of your king or heir will become an agent on the campaign map.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team