Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug reports for new RC/RR compilation

Default Re: Bug reports for new RC/RR compilation

Are there supposed to be variations and faction_variations subdirectories under the _units directory? No matter how many times I reinstall they don't appear.

no

Thanks for the quick reply, PB. Do you have any idea what my problem might be? (see pg. 11 of this thread).

do all ai factions spawn free units?
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    I'm confused too. Is there an entry in the EDU for Nubian Spearmen?
    Yes, it's here.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

type Nubian Spearmen
    dictionary Nubian_Spearmen ; Nubian Spearmen, lp
    category infantry
    class spearmen
    voice_type Light
    banner faction main_spear
    banner holy crusade
    soldier Nubian_Spearmen, 80, 0, 0.8, 0.30
    officer eastern_captain

attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, can_withdraw
    formation 1.0, 0, 2.0, 2.0, 5, square
    stat_health 1, 1
    stat_pri 3, 2, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, spear, 45, 1
    stat_pri_attr light_spear
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 0, 1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 0, 4, 4, flesh
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 0
    stat_ground 0, 1, 1, -2
    stat_mental 11, disciplined, trained
    stat_charge_dist 6
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 2, 575, 180, 85, 65, 395, 4, 100
    armour_ug_levels 0, 1
    armour_ug_models Nubian_Spearmen, Nubian_Spearmen_ug1
    ownership moors, egypt, slave
    era 0 moors, egypt
    era 1 moors, egypt
    era 2 moors, egypt
    recruit_priority_offset 0

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    There is no mention of Berber spearmen anywhere in any file AFAIK.
    Ok then this bug is totally bizzare.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Ok then this bug is totally bizzare.
    Latest test: I just deleted the offending army altogether. The game runs now, but I don't know what consequences that might have on how it will run...would it, say, glitch the family tree? The deleted army is Murcia's starting garrison for Moors, as it turns out.

After the gunpowder even i noticed that i could build the next level of port which allowed my to recruit gun hocs, i've not finished building it yet but should i be able to recruit them as soon as the event hits?
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

Balbor, try search for Golden Horde Emergent event in custom_script, there's a lot of mongols being spawned there...

Hi everyone.
    I'm encountering a strange texture warp or glitch that I haven't seen before. It is only happening to this particular model, the middle-eastern unit flag-bearer, mounted and un-mounted versions, no matter what unit its in. There is a large warped texture protruding from the model's shoulder. I recently bought a new video card, an ATI Radeon HD 5770 by Sapphire. The game runs smooth as butter on high settings until I saw this. When I zoom into it to get a closer look the screen would flicker. Any idea what this is and how I can fix it?
    Thanks

playing as England i found it impossible to get the swords masters guild and to get my woodsman guild in Nottingham upgraded (late campaign)

edit: i got the woodmaster guild to upgrade
    Last edited by Balbor; January 09, 2010 at 07:15 PM.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

rozanov.

I tried a complete reinstall from scratch. Here is what I did step by step.

1.Install m2tw vanilla.
    2.install kingdoms crusades campaign.
    3.install stainless steel part 1 and 2 in default directory.
    4.install 6.1 patch in default directory.
    5.Install rr/rc mods 1,2,3 and hotfix with launcher in the downloaded file into custom M2 folder.
    6.Copy and pasted M2 contents into Medieval 2 total war folder.

I'm still not able to recruit local units for any faction. You can understand how frustrating this is I'm sure. As far as I know this is correct, although I don't think the rr/rc launcher was able to launch the hotfix. I'm re-downloading it now.

I don't understand your part 5 about the mods 1, 2, 3 and hotfix. These are the instructions:

For Main Installer Megaupload
    Part 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N3JZNG27
    Part 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=289URIK3

**Extract/Unzip into your C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War folder**

After Extraction/Unzipping, double-click on the Medieval II Total War\FILE_TASKS.bat file. This will run for just a minute. If you see 'Access Denied' messages, don't worry its normal.
    No need to install the Hotfix, this file set is 100% up to date. You have finished the install process!!

That's all.

Default CTD at first turn with every faction...

Well the title says it. I choose a faction (any faction) and in the first AI turn the game crashes. It happens when it's HRE's turn to play, i think..

I m using ss 6.2 RR/RC and also sstc.

i hope this helps..

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    17:22:01.741 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/british_isles/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    17:22:03.380 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    17:22:03.400 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/barons_alliance.tga is missing
    17:22:03.430 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/normans.tga is missing
    17:22:03.430 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/normans.tga is missing
    17:22:03.432 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/saxons.tga is missing
    17:22:03.432 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/saxons.tga is missing
    17:22:03.433 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/slave.tga is missing
    17:22:03.434 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/slave.tga is missing
    17:22:03.439 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_MP_HISTORICAL_BATTLE_CHOOSE_TEAMS.TGA is missing
    17:22:03.442 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/TEXTURES/_M2_MAIN_MENU.TGA is missing
    17:22:04.229 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/buttons_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    17:22:04.244 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite.tga.dds is missing
    17:22:04.245 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    17:22:04.245 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold2.tga.dds is missing
    17:22:04.246 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/text_border.tga.dds is missing
    17:22:04.246 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/yellow_highlight.tga.dds is missing
    17:22:04.247 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing
    17:22:04.247 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing
    17:22:04.247 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    17:22:04.248 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    17:22:04.249 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing

Please post bugs with submods in the appropriate thread in the submods forum
    -Caesar Clivus
    Last edited by Caesar Clivus; January 10, 2010 at 03:33 PM.

In the original download I had, the sub mod was one file initially but when unzipped it was broken up into 3 different parts, plus the hotfix and a launcher. Plus there was an error with the pike_advanced something file that prevented it from being installed directly into the vanilla folder, so per advice from this forum, i created a custom folder named M2, installed to thier and copied and pasted. I deleted my old download and I'm redownloading now.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: CTD at first turn with every faction...

Lamias,
    R U using XP or Vista/Windows 7, if it is the latter disable the UAC?
    If using XP was this a clean install or over an existing 6.1?
    On 6.1 patch what did you do with checkboxes?

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Default Late Era Campaign 1400 AD instant crash?

What it says, when I try to play the Late Era => 1400 campaign, the game crashes (I tried with Leon-Castille). Is this meant to happen or is something wrong in my install?

Bugs with submods should be posted in the appropriate thread in the submods forum
    -Caesar Clivus
    Last edited by Caesar Clivus; January 11, 2010 at 03:15 PM.
    Patronised by Voltaire le Philosophe

Therefore One hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the most skillful. Seizing the enemy without fighting is the most skillful. War is of vital importance to the state and should not be engaged carelessly... - Sun Tzu

Orochimaru & Aizen you must Die!! Bankai Dattebayo!!

something i really hate about merc ships is that they can be recruited in inland lake, Jordan is the worst offend and it get packed with Jihad armies on body that never disembark and cause the Jihad to last until the last Jihad general dies of old age (unless you want to try and build up your own fleet of merc ships in the lake and kill them.

I read someone that a mod managed to remove them, i'm not sure how, perhaps they set the inland water to be like the deep sea which stops you getting to America in in vanilla. That way small ships won't go
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Balbor

merc ships can be recruited in the regions defined in the descr_mercenaries.txt file in the campaign folder.

you'll notice that some regions take in both those inland and those with sea coasts and those with lakes.

the only way to remove merc ships from lakes is to remove them regions with lakes.

you might try redefining the regions so that all those with inland lakes in area share the same merc pool, and so do those with sea coasts.
    remove merc ships from the inland regions with lakes.

(all lakes are The Sea in SS due to number of land regions, which why storms at seas often happen over inland lakes.)

would changing the sea type to deep stop you recruiting merc cogs there, as they cannot go on deep sea
    Balbor

Former Creative Director