Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug reports for new RC/RR compilation

Default Re: Bug reports for new RC/RR compilation

cheers Caesar Clivus

I'm about 100 years into my England Late era campaign and I've still not able to recruit longbow men, or any other unit which requires an event to trigger. The only new units i have are those i start with and ones that are awarded to me.

Are the events bugged, no timed events have show up at all, except for the Mongol invasion ones which happen on the 1st and 2nd turns.

Also whats with the totally massive Mongol army, about 100 almost full stack units marching its way towards Russia?
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Balbor
    there's a problem with the Mongol stacks imho.
    PB and I discussed this by PM a while ago.
    there will be a revised version of the mongol invasion with a single re-inforcement army per city captured.

Quote Originally Posted by Benyi View Post
    (moving this post to the RR/RC bugs thread)

Hi all,

I've a problem with your great mod and I need some help.

Since the last update (30 Oct.), I'm not being able to start a Late Era Campaign, (the other campaigns work well) when I select a faction and click "Start", it gets me back to Campaign selection screen. I've the UAC turned off, all files and folders with administrator permissions and all the things that are explained in the posts about Vista.

I've tried to reinstall RR/RC several times and it does nothing.

My game is a Kingdoms 1.5 + SS 6.1 + RR/RC 30 Oct. Comp.

Some of my .log warnings:

23:19:08.655 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    and more of the same...
    23:19:08.652 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/014.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    and more of the same...
    23:19:08.645 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    and more of the same...
    23:19:08.642 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/048.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    and more of the same...
    23:19:07.353 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Late_Era_Campaign/map.wfc is missing
    23:19:07.353 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Late_Era_Campaign/map.rbm is missing
    23:19:07.307 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Late_Era_Campaign/descr_battle.txt is missing
    23:19:03.484 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Late_Era_Campaign/leader_pic_france.tga is missing
    23:19:03.482 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Late_Era_Campaign/leader_pic_france.tga is missing
    23:18:59.842 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/custom/Late_Era_Campaign/leader_pic_venice.tga is missing

23:18:48.654 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing
    23:18:48.619 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    23:18:48.617 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    23:18:48.614 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing

and a few more warnings about cursor, loading bar,slicer...

Some of this errors are about Late Campaign, I've bolded it. Are they the reason of my problems??
    Anyone can help me, please? I'm still not able to play the Late Campaign...

Quote Originally Posted by Balbor View Post
    cheers Caesar Clivus

I'm about 100 years into my England Late era campaign and I've still not able to recruit longbow men, or any other unit which requires an event to trigger. The only new units i have are those i start with and ones that are awarded to me.

Are the events bugged, no timed events have show up at all, except for the Mongol invasion ones which happen on the 1st and 2nd turns.

Also whats with the totally massive Mongol army, about 100 almost full stack units marching its way towards Russia?
    Sounds like your events are bugged. Best to re-install.

I am in recovery mode after a full-on new year but will be back to updating this soon.

already on my 2nd reinstall

i didn't get any during my last early campaign either campaign either

to install i am unzipping the files into there own folder and then copying them into the M2TW folder would this do anything that unzipping the files directly into the folder do?

I also noticed that there was something odd going on with the ages of my general, sometime we would only age once every 2 years, my starting faction leader was 84 at death after 90+ turns
    Last edited by Balbor; January 04, 2010 at 11:57 AM.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    Balbor
    there will be a revised version of the mongol invasion with a single re-inforcement army per city captured.
    how many do they start with? I also noticed they have a huge amount of starting cash, is this how they are able to recruit so many new armies?
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

Will be releasing patch soon with re-worked Mongols. There was a bug before where they generated extra units from most occupied cities every turn, above their normal recruitment, so their supply of units was never ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Will be releasing patch soon with re-worked Mongols. There was a bug before where they generated extra units from most occupied cities every turn, above their normal recruitment, so their supply of units was never ending.
    could the wired ages of generals also be related to events after the Mongol invasion not firing off?
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Yeah. Of course, it's not a bug but how the custom_script is written. Comment out lines 6648 to 6678 and problem is temporarily solved.
    Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance-David Mamet

Old age and forgetfullness makes it . . .er, I forgot-Loose Cannon

Does anyone have a fix or reason for why the start button says next and I go back one screen during the faction selection screen for the late campaign?

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jasonxfri13th View Post
    Does anyone have a fix or reason for why the start button says next and I go back one screen during the faction selection screen for the late campaign?
    Have you tried reinstalling? If you are running Vista, have you turned UAC off?

Post your system.log.txt (in M2TW\logs)

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Have you tried reinstalling? If you are running Vista, have you turned UAC off?

Post your system.log.txt (in M2TW\logs)
    The whole thing?
    My browser froze while trying to paste it.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonxfri13th View Post
    The whole thing?
    My browser froze while trying to paste it.
    Just attach it to the post using the paperclip button

40.8 megabytes seems a little big.
    Ill have it up tomorrow, after I try reinstalling first.

Your log is 40 meg? Ummm wow. Yeah you wont be able to post that as an attachment.

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

@CC and jasonxfri13th

That's unpacked, they compress nicely to a decent size.

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

I've the same problem as jason (see some posts above). This is my packed log:

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    Balbor
    Right, this was the problem and it will be fixed for next patch.

in my early english campaign...when i recruit Miles they appear on the battle screen as just horses with no riders apart from the captain who is present..

has anyone experience even not happening and therefor not being able to recruit late era units and fixed the problem?
    Balbor

Former Creative Director