Page 1 of 53 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug reports for new RC/RR compilation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Default Bug reports for new RC/RR compilation

The new compilation works very well but there are a few bugs that have crept in.

To stop them being buried in the general compilation thread and help those wanting quick fixes I'll start a thread for known issues - if you can post the necessary corrections that would be helpful too!

The next post I'll reserve for known issues and any fixes.

Default Re: Bug reports for new RC/RR compilation

************************** Known Issues in the new RC/RR compilation and possible fixes ******************************

Front end:

The Late campaign - previously I had got a CTD on launching but with Hotfix Oct30th this is no longer the case.
    (Got a CTD after fighting a bridge battle outside Frankfurt - last routing HRE unit refused to quit the map.
    I Ecsaped to quit the battle (I had won overwhelmingly) and got a CTD.)

----

Unit issues:

Some units have roman peasant cards - these are being dealt with in hotfixes as and when they can be updated.

Some people have reported square smoke from catapults.

PB has released new installation files - available from OP of the main thread - which address the installation problems
    with Win7 64 bit systems

---

Faction issues:

TO emergence, Venetian crusade and Bulgarian uprising all may have issues that need sorting out.

Galway and Munster provinces have no garrison. -Fixed in latest hotfixes

---

Agent issues:

4 Bulgarian heretics pop up in the sea off Genoa when the Bulgarian uprising is triggered - fixed in latest Hotfix

Generally the naming of heretics has too many "of Bulgaria" names - do they need a "surname"?
    Also found a "Cathar Heretic of Bulgaria"

---

Traits issues:

Grand Duke of Lithuania gets a -2 Loyalty when achieving the Crown of Lithuania.
    I suspect it's meant for people from other factions? Can the trait check for faction before giving -2 Loyalty?

(see Byg's reply below)

Have gone through the nonbyg character traits and ancilliaries files and sorted a couple of issues flagged up by the ATVTW tool by squid.

Have also commented out a couple of triggers that were causing unnecessary mental health issues for generals and family members

Here are the export_descr_character_traits.txt and export_descr_ancilliaries.txt in 7z compressed directory. Copy then int the main stainless steel data directory.

Note they are not for Byg versions of the compilation.

Attachment 61774

ALso the new version of Squid's excellent tool has thrown up some issues with traits in the descr_strat.txt files for early and late campaigns.
    Here's the replacement versions of the 2 vanilla files. If you have modified versions I'll also post the necessary changes.

for the late era:
    Attachment 62613

for the early era:
    Attachment 62614

and the changes needed are:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

note these are for traits and not faction personalities - so leave sailor in lower case for those. there should be only 1 lower case sailor trait.
    (thanks to Byg for pointing this out.)

FactionLeader - change to Factionleader
    FactionHeir- change to Factionheir
    sailor - change to Sailor
    WifeIsGreek- change to WifeisGreek
    LoyaltyStarter 2 / 3 change to LoyaltyStarter 1
    ReligionStarter 2 / 3change to ReligionStarter 1

---

Campaign Script -
    there is a problem with campaign script relating to the TO, Venetian Crusade and Bulgarian uprising sieges.
    Game plays through them OK but wouldn't reload a saved game from after their emergence.
    PB is aware of issue but no full solution has been put forward yet.
    You may be able to play past them and save /reload.
    Or you can try commenting out the sections in the campaign script
    (put ; at start of each line.)
    --

If you are having any issues always check you have the latest hotfix installed available from the O/P of the main RC/RR compilation thread.

Some updates may require you start a new campaign before they take effect.
    Traits can be messed with if they are updated.
    Save games may be playable if you can put up with minor problems -
    (but don't report them as bugs - check bug occurs with a new campaign before reporting.)
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; December 31, 2009 at 05:48 AM. Reason: updated

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Other crowns grant -2 Loyalty; Sicily is one for certain.

As far as the 'of Bulgaria' byname, I would suggest taking it out of descr_names and names.txt, as well as editing it out of the campaign_script for the Bulgarian Uprising. Although the byname adds some flavor to the Bulgarian Uprising, it isn't necessary, especially when it causes issues in other places.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

The minus 2 loyalty for crowns is intentional I expect. The reasoning is that if any non-king character gets hold of it he may revolt, whereas the king is not affected by the loyalty attribute. All perfectly logical. I recently added the -2 loyalty into the description. It has always been there though, just hidden. Maybe it is best hidden.
    Last edited by Byg; October 15, 2009 at 01:56 PM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Actually I have to disagree with the previous poster (i.e. me). As crowns are only earned by Faction Leaders and not transferable then the loyalty is entirely redundant.
    They should either be made obtainable by whoever conquers the settlement and keep the disloyalty or kept as they are and the loyalty description removed (silly me for adding it). No need to remove the effect because it has no relevance if only FLs can get these ancs as FLs don't have loyalty.
    Last edited by Byg; October 15, 2009 at 05:08 PM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

Early Norwegian Sword militia (can't remember their name) unit cards stick out like a sore thumb. Their background is blindingly white. Then new English unit cards are distorted. Cairo is still the first crusade target, and Baghdad is still the first Jihad target. Flaming ammo from siege weapons produce square smoke. The new/old portraits seem distorted, with heads that are twice as big as they should be. Family members can only hold one title (is this intentional?).

I'd like to be able to customize the music, but not all of the files are in the Data\sounds\music directory.

I agree with you, a lot of that stuff was a bandaid stuck on to get the release out, and yes the one title thing is intentional.

um - not seen a jihad on Baghdad recently -first target is usually Jerusalem in my games.
    Cairo is usually the crusade target though - Vilnius comes after Gaza and Frankfurt (if HRE have upset the Pope!)

I'm 90% sure I didn't do anything with Jihads, especially considering I have no idea how they work

Hello

I have installed correctly the mod (at least I think) and the last hotfix, but I am not able to start both Early and Late Campaign.

Choosing Late Camp brings me to an immediate CTD.
    With Early I can reach the Faction Selection Screen, but when I actually start the campaign I am redirected to the Campaign Selection Screen. I have already tried to delete the map.rwm file but this not helped.

Well, I have also tried Custom Battle (selecting HRE) and I just saw tons of unit cards missing. This brings me to think to a corrupted install. I'll try to download again all the big pack, even if this Filefront download seems pretty slow :-(
    Last edited by Andrea69; October 16, 2009 at 07:19 AM.

[QUOTE=Andrea69;6139871]Hello

I have installed correctly the mod (at least I think) and the last hotfix, but I am not able to start both Early and Late Campaign.

With Early I can reach the Faction Selection Screen, but when I actually start the campaign I am redirected to the Campaign Selection Screen. I have already tried to delete the map.rwm file but this not helped.

Having exactly the same problem. Only the 1450 campaign works (sortof) Finding a lot of "unlocalised placement cards" and the first time I attempted a battle, got a ctd.

Should I go for a full reinstall? So far as I can figure out, I've installed correctly on this one.

[QUOTE=Deadly Rabbit;6144735]
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea69 View Post
    Hello

Having exactly the same problem. Only the 1450 campaign works (sortof) Finding a lot of "unlocalised placement cards" and the first time I attempted a battle, got a ctd.

Should I go for a full reinstall? So far as I can figure out, I've installed correctly on this one.
    Hello PB

I am sorry but it seems impossibile to make your mod working.
    It's a real pity because I consider me a veteran SS player especially with RR/RC, and now I feel a little frustrated.

I redownloaded everything and this time I am pretty sure to have installed right, but the same problems occur: immediate CTD with Late Campaign and Early Campaign stopped after the Faction Selection.

Sounds to me there is something wrong somewhere that has nothing to do with my pc; I even tried to install on another pc of mine, but again the same results. Also no system log messages are available.

To be honest I have been given an error message after the main installation (before applying the hotfix) regarding the music.dat file. In fact I hear no music (only sound) in the game, but this should be a minor problem if only I was able to run the game!

Make sure you installed in Medieval 2 folder, NOT SS6 folder.

Hospitaller foot knights for the Crusader States have the RTW peasant pic. on the unit card, haven't checked them in battle to see if they have skins and textures yet.

Fixed in hotfix already

Hi guys,
    I'm still playing my Byzantine VH/VH campaign and loving it. However, I've noticed a few issues with the campaign AI (im about 60 turns in). Don't know if any of these were brought up already but here they are.

First thing I noticed was a problem with the Bulgarian uprising. They army that spawned laid seige to Adrianople but on the ensuing turn, when I was expecting a really difficult battle to keep my castle, they lifted seige and marched into the woods. Then, on the next turn, they came back, somehow launched an assault on Adrianople without any siege equiptment whatsoever. I entered the battle and it instantly said I won yet there were no loses on either side. Back on the campaign map, their leader croaked and the army was destroyed. However, I witnessed the other rebel army take a hungarian city with no problem.

Second was the Venetian crusade on Constantinople (which had me sweating, at first).
    I got the warning event just fine but when the actual attack event popped up there was nothing. no boats, no army anywhere. Also the script on the event window for the attack included the script from the previous event warning me of the attack. On the next turn the boats and 2 armies showed up around Constantinople both laying seige to it. This got me excited but on the next turn they both lifted seige and started marching away. I ended up completely destroying the smaller, general-less army as the larger one marched into hungary (which they were at war with also).

Thirdly there just seems to be a general non-urgent mindset in the campaign AI. example: I am currently laying siege to damascus which is in Fatamid hands and there are several large armies within striking distance of me yet all they are doing is marching back and forth, occasionally heading PAST me to attack the Crusader states. Also im noticing the AI often doing the "siege one turn and quit" strategy all across the board.

Lastly im still getting square catapult smoke trails. I saw this was brought up sometime last week and didnt know if it was getting addressed.

Thanks PB for the this awesome compilation. really brought me back into this game.

Edit: forget what I said about the fatamids. they brought up 2 more armies and are now kicking my ass. But one thing I did forget to bring up is Norman Sicily's habit of loading full armies onto a single boat unit and attempting to get by my navy to invade greece. If they could actually GET their armies to land I would be in trouble. There a way to get the AI to make bigger stacks of naval units when transporting full stack armies?
    Last edited by RomaVictor87; October 16, 2009 at 02:53 PM.

i reinstalled everything and its work fine..thanks ya

Hi, I have a CTD when loading my England campaign.

Some turns after the Teutonic Order emergence, I saved and then reload but the game is saying "Unknown error" when trying to load the save (the loading bar fills to the end and then I got the error).

Last lines of system.log :
    17:51:10.154 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <siege_settlement> at line 6098 in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    17:51:10.154 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War a rencontré une erreur inconnue et va maintenat se fermer.
    Here is the complete one.
    Could you help me ?

I run on the last version (July 1) and it was working flawlessly before that.

The error seems to come from this line :

;============== Teutonic Order Emergent =================

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionIsLocal
    and I_TurnNumber = 125

add_events
    event emergent_faction teutonic_order
    date 0
    end_add_events

set_event_counter attack_Palanga 0

spawn_army
    faction teutonic_order
    character Herrmann von_Salza, named character, age 40, x 231, y 243, label teuton4leader, family
    traits Supplies 1 , Turnsaway 3 , FactionleaderTO 1, MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 3 , NaturalMilitarySkill 2 , GoodCommander 3 , Bloodthirsty 2 , BattleDread 2 , StrategyDread 2 , PublicFaith 3 , ContentGeneral 3 , Prim 2 , ReligionStarter 1
    unit TO Bodyguard exp 5 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Order Militia exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Sword Brethren exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Sword Brethren exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Burgher Pikemen exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Burgher Pikemen exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit NE Catapult exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Prussian Archers exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Prussian Archers exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Christ Knights exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Christ Knights exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Knechten exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Knechten exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Ritterbruder exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Ritterbruder exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    end
    console_command add_money teutonic_order, 10000

spawn_character teutonic_order random_name, priest, age 27, x 222, y 238
    spawn_character teutonic_order random_name, priest, age 35, x 224, y 236

historic_event teutonic_order_invasion event/teutonic_faction_intro.bik

console_command diplomatic_stance teutonic_order lithuania war
    console_command diplomatic_stance teutonic_order russia war
    console_command diplomatic_stance teutonic_order poland war
    console_command diplomatic_stance teutonic_order hungary war
    console_command diplomatic_stance teutonic_order kievan_rus war

if I_SettlementUnderSiege Palanga
    terminate_monitor
    end_if

if not I_CharacterTypeNearTile teutonic_order, named_character, 0, 231, 243 ;if character not standing where it should, avoid ctd
    terminate_monitor
    end_if

siege_settlement teuton4leader, Palanga, maintain
    set_event_counter attack_Palanga 1

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor
    Last edited by Shoryn; August 06, 2010 at 11:12 AM.

Well according to my last post I think my save is dead since the problem seems to come from the campaign_script.
    Could you tell me if I change this part of the campaign_script :

and I_TurnNumber = 125

add_events
    date 0
    end_add_events

set_event_counter attack_Palanga 0

spawn_army
    faction teutonic_order
    character Herrmann von_Salza, named character, age 40, x 231, y 243, label teuton4leader, family
    traits Supplies 1 , Turnsaway 3 , FactionleaderTO 1, MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 3 , NaturalMilitarySkill 2 , GoodCommander 3 , Bloodthirsty 2 , BattleDread 2 , StrategyDread 2 , PublicFaith 3 , ContentGeneral 3 , Prim 2 , ReligionStarter 1
    end

if I_SettlementUnderSiege Palanga
    terminate_monitor
    end_if

if not I_CharacterTypeNearTile teutonic_order, named_character, 0, 231, 243 ;if character not standing where it should, avoid ctd
    terminate_monitor
    end_if

siege_settlement teuton4leader, Palanga, maintain
    set_event_counter attack_Palanga 1

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

and I_TurnNumber = 126

set_event_counter attack_Riga 0

spawn_army
    faction teutonic_order
    character Conrad von_Thuringen, named character, age 30, x 250, y 254, label teuton4heir, family
    traits Supplies 1 , Turnsaway 3 , FactionheirTO 1, MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 3 , NaturalMilitarySkill 1 , GoodCommander 2 , LoyaltyStarter 1, Bloodthirsty 1 , StrategyDread 2 , PublicFaith 1 , ContentGeneral 3 , ReligionStarter 1
    unit TO Bodyguard exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Order Militia exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Christ Knights exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    end
    console_command add_money teutonic_order, 5000

if I_SettlementUnderSiege Riga
    terminate_monitor
    end_if

if not I_CharacterTypeNearTile teutonic_order, named_character, 0, 250, 254 ;if character not standing where it should, avoid ctd
    terminate_monitor
    end_if

siege_settlement teuton4heir, Riga, maintain
    set_event_counter attack_Riga 1

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType teutonic_order
    and I_IsFactionAIControlled lithuania
    and I_TurnNumber < 225

terminate_monitor

end_monitor

and I_TurnNumber = 217

spawn_army
    faction teutonic_order
    character random_name, named character, age 40, x 231, y 248, family, direction E
    traits Supplies 1 , Turnsaway 3 , MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 2 , NaturalMilitarySkill 1 , GoodCommander 2 , BattleDread 2 , StrategyDread 2 , PublicFaith 2 , Drink 2 , ReligionStarter 1
    end
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

and I_TurnNumber = 126

if I_EventCounter attack_Palanga = 1
    and I_CharacterExists teuton4leader
    and I_CharacterTypeNearTile teutonic_order, named_character, 0, 231, 243 ;if character not standing where it should, avoid ctd
    and not I_SettlementOwner Palanga = teutonic_order
    siege_settlement teuton4leader, Palanga, attack
    end_if

terminate_monitor

end_monitor

and I_TurnNumber = 127

if I_EventCounter attack_Riga = 1
    and I_CharacterExists teuton4heir
    and I_CharacterTypeNearTile teutonic_order, named_character, 0, 250, 254 ;if character not standing where it should, avoid ctd
    and not I_SettlementOwner Riga = teutonic_order
    siege_settlement teuton4heir, Riga, attack
    end_if

terminate_monitor

end_monitor

to become this :

and I_TurnNumber = 125

add_events
    date 0
    end_add_events

spawn_army
    faction teutonic_order
    end

end_monitor

and I_TurnNumber = 126

spawn_army
    faction teutonic_order
    character Conrad von_Thuringen, named character, age 30, x 250, y 254, label teuton4heir, family
    traits Supplies 1 , Turnsaway 3 , FactionheirTO 1, MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 3 , NaturalMilitarySkill 1 , GoodCommander 2 , LoyaltyStarter 1, Bloodthirsty 1 , StrategyDread 2 , PublicFaith 1 , ContentGeneral 3 , ReligionStarter 1
    unit TO Bodyguard exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Order Militia exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Christ Knights exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    end
    console_command add_money teutonic_order, 5000

end_monitor

and I_IsFactionAIControlled lithuania
    and I_TurnNumber < 225

terminate_monitor

end_monitor

and I_TurnNumber = 217

spawn_army
    faction teutonic_order
    character random_name, named character, age 40, x 231, y 248, family, direction E
    traits Supplies 1 , Turnsaway 3 , MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 2 , NaturalMilitarySkill 1 , GoodCommander 2 , BattleDread 2 , StrategyDread 2 , PublicFaith 2 , Drink 2 , ReligionStarter 1
    end
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

Basically I just removed all the siege actions which are lines that seems to break everything.
    I think if I start a new game with this script, I won't get this CTD again ? Just to be sure.

Thanks in advance .

Edit : Please anyone ?
    Last edited by Shoryn; August 09, 2010 at 09:03 AM.

Bulgarian uprising script issue sounds similar to the one with the TO.

The script probably needs revising to make sure they maintain the siege for a turn before attacking on turn 2.
    (I'd better let someone who knows how to write the code do this!)

I haven't looked at their armies composition.
    It might help if they can have catapults (I need to check if rebels can have siege weapons!)
    (Bulgar - rebels don't have ownership of any siege weapons, so their script must give them time to build siege equipment.)

I've moved the 4 heretics who spawn between Genoa and Corsica to northen italy
    (who are cathars and not bogomils.)

Should we spawn some heretics in Bulgarian to aid their uprising?
    I need to start another campaign anyway checking the english and scottish spies in Ireland to see if that helps get Ireland involved in the game
    (as a region I know it's not a faction.)
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; October 16, 2009 at 05:33 PM.

Page 1 of 53 12345678910112651 ... LastLast