Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug reports for new RC/RR compilation

Default Re: Bug reports for new RC/RR compilation

Ok here is the deal. I install MTW2 Gold version and then SS 6.0 and then patch to 6.1. The game works good. Then I install the new RR/RC compilation and things get a little screwed up. The main problem is that whenever I try to choose a campaign, I get a CTD. If i don't get a CTD, I am redirected to a "choose faction" screen (which is normal) but I don't see any of the factions that SS has added. (no Irish, no Knights Templar...) I also get CTD when I choose to play a custom battle. What is wrong? I get CTD whatever I do...
    Well the questions are:
    1)Can it be fixed so I can play the current version?
    2)Can I find old versions of RR/RC somewhere? (because as I said before, I could play nicely with them)
    3)Before installing SS 6.0, do I need to patch the M2TW:Gold to a newer version? (aka update)

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Chris1332
    there are no Irish or knights_Templars factions in RC/RR
    other than that it's possible you've installed something in the wrong folder.
    can you post the last 20 or so lines of the system log in the main m2tw/logs directory so we can have some idea what's happening?
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; December 04, 2009 at 06:55 AM.

Ooops didn't know about the Irish or the KT! I will try other submods then.

Transylvanian Peasants are missing their skins from the game-breaking Bulgarian Rebels... they appear as silver... things. They sort of look cool, but it really isn't realistic or anything.
    "There must be a positive Passion for the public good, the public Interest, Honor, Power, and Glory, established in the Minds of the People, or there can be no Republican Government, nor any real Liberty. And this public Passion must be Superior to all private Passions. Men must be ready, they must pride themselves, and be happy to sacrifice their private Pleasures, Passions, and Interests, nay their private Friendships and dearest connections, when they Stand in Competition with the Rights of society." - John Adams

Mr. Tornado's Avatar Semisalis

Hey. I just installed 6.0, 6.1 *Just 6.1...* and then the mod. I copy/pasted everything in the mod to the Stainless_Steel 6 folder, then ran the FILE_TASKS bach file. After a long, long, LONG line of "Access denied" messages, I tried to start up the game. A loading screen that said "Stainless Steel 6.1" appeared, then I got this message :

"Medieval two total war has encountered an unspecified problem and will now exit."

So basically, my problem is twofold : The mod I installed doesn't seem to be working, and i'm getting an error message. Is there something i'm missing here?

Sidenote. I'm running Vista and have Medieval Two Total War gold ed.

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Hi,
    I was playing with my danish early campaign and it ran well until now, when i tried to reload a quick save; since this moment i cannot reload even previous loads i get this error in the log:

Quote:
    21:59:02.718 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 5936 in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    21:59:02.718 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <siege_settlement> at line 5957 in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    21:59:02.750 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    21:59:02.750 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    21:59:02.890 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    In fact i could reload a save 3-4 turns before, i was turn 54.

After that it ran no problems for 45 more turns and again, impossible to reload. Turn 98 and my last working save is turn 83............

09:09:39.312 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 6362 in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    09:09:39.312 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <siege_settlement> at line 6362 in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    09:09:39.343 [bink] [debug] [mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    09:09:39.343 [bink] [debug] [mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    Note that this file does not exist alos; but i have created one bik file with this name by copying the game_intro.nik and it still display this...

Also there is no CTD during AI turn, only when i reload, which is even worst because i can play 30 turns in a row and then i can only reload a save 15 turns ago, which means a lot of hours / reflexion wasted.

Please help!!
    I like this mod but i don't want to have to face a CTD every 30-50 turns.
    Last edited by cedric37; December 06, 2009 at 02:47 AM.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

All CTD's are derived from siege_settlement commands. We are working on solving this.

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Ok, so that means my game is lost and i have to restart a new one (i mean when you will have fixed the campaign script).

Also, i have created a version of the campaign script where i have effectively removed some parts of the script where the siege_settlement things occur (because i too suspected the crash were coming from this command); but i have not tested it yet, as i need to restart a new game to test this...

Anyway thanks for your quick reply and support;
    keep up your great work.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Believe me, we are as frustrated as you are about this.

Uh... No help over here for me?

Mr T.
    have you turned off the UAC on Vista.
    it can help with over-writing existing files.
    Try turning it off and giving yourself permission to alter folders in the SEGA directory.
    (remove the write-protect in properties.)

Yeah, I tried that. It just re-enabled itself. =/

Look at my unit!!!!

This is Silver Surfer!!!!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hi guys!

I am not sure whether this is a bug or just part of the game?

The public order of Caen just wont rise and stays at 50% no matter what I do.

I conquered the city 3 turns ago and its almost fully garisioned now but still just 50% public order.

IronBlade
    could you let us know what faction you are, which campaign (early/late etc)
    can you open the settlement browser and click on the little icon at that shows settlement details:
    it'll show what is causing the discontent.
    garrisons may not be able to quell all discontent. I doubt the issue is religious - unless there have been heretics in the area.
    (the RC/RR compo has an assimilation script by G5 - your problem may have something to do with that?
    I've been testing with it removed so haven't noticed what effect it has.))

I am playing as France, Early Campaign, BGR IV enabled, Turn 7, 1109AD.

Settlement details says: Unrest 75%, 5% Religious Unrest

I would have said nothing if the public order had risen at least a bit after I put in unit after unit but nothing changed.

Is the daytime summer sky in Ireland supposed to look like this? (no it is not a night battle)

I was turning the unused knights_templar faction into Ireland, and I got this sky sieging an English fort in Dublin province.
    Last edited by impspy; December 11, 2009 at 02:38 PM.

"Do you know, my son, with what little understanding the world is ruled?"Pope Julius III
    Want to add your own mercenaries? Read my Tutorial

Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Yes, impspy when you do bad things to the game it does bad things back Use Georgia not Ireland if you wish to add a good faction.
    Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance-David Mamet

Old age and forgetfullness makes it . . .er, I forgot-Loose Cannon

impspy - looks like one bad storm is about to engulf you!

iron blade - Caen is a castle. anyway here's the assimilation script from the campaign_script

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement SettlementName Caen
    and FactionIsLocal

set_owner_founding_conversion_rate Caen 0.01
    add_settlement_turmoil Caen 3

if RandomPercent < 25
    add_settlement_turmoil Caen 4
    end_if

if RandomPercent > 75
    add_settlement_turmoil Caen 5
    end_if

set_event_counter Caen_filter 1
    filter_settlement_commands off Caen
    end_monitor

monitor_event SettlementTurnEnd SettlementName Caen
    and SettlementIsLocal
    and I_EventCounter Caen_filter = 1

filter_settlement_commands on Caen
    set_event_counter Caen_filter 0
    end_monitor

and TargetSettlementIsLocal

set_owner_founding_conversion_rate Caen 0.02
    end_monitor

and FactionIsLocal
    and PopulationOwnReligion < 60

if RandomPercent < 75
    add_settlement_turmoil Caen 7
    end_if
    end_monitor

and FactionIsLocal
    and PopulationOwnReligion < 30

if RandomPercent > 25
    add_settlement_turmoil Caen 9
    end_if
    end_monitor

so even if you have the same religion if you're unlucky you could get hit with an enormous rate of turmoil.

I've not played the game with the assimilation script so can't really help with how long the turmoil lasts, or best way of dealing with it. Or even how it interacts with BGR IV which I also don't play with.

So its that assimilation script that caused the long turmoil I figure… Mhhh who knows about this mysterious script?
    Of course thanks for your help so far Rozanov!