Thread: A Couple Ideas For The TW Series...

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default A Couple Ideas For The TW Series...

First Idea: Destroyable terrain. C'mon, we're in the age of big explosions and fire now, I think it would be a nice touch to see the scarred Earth of where battle had come.

2nd Idea: Auto-Naval Battle Priority. Ever come apon a very juicy and undefended trade fleet that you wish to add to your own, but don't want to have to go through the tiresome work of doing so yourself? Then how about you can have "priorities" set to your auto-naval battle. "Capture Priority", where the AI will put capturing ships at the top of the priority. "No Priority", where the AI will judge things as it sees fit. "Sink Priority", where the AI will not bother with capturing ships, and will attempt for full-out damage and no prisoners shall be given quarter.

Just a few ideas that came to mind quite suddenly and I wished to add them down before I forgot them.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

Biarchus

Default Re: A Couple Ideas For The TW Series...

I like the destroyable terrain idea, though it might be hard to implement, depending how walls, trees etc are depicted on the map.

I guess some clever modders could use the buildings framework to model destructible fences, trees and stuff once the tools are available .....I am always amazed that my cannons can blow apart a huge, 10 meter thick stone fort wall but round shot bounces off wooden fences.

Adding decals to show damage on the terrain would be a nice feature, eg a cone of black soot in front of cannons in the snow. You gotta love that kind of immersion!
    "I'll tell you what rule sir....we applied Rule 303. We caught them and we shot them under RULE THREE OH THREE!"

"Shoot straight you bastards, don't make a mess of it!"

the first one will be in NTW and the 2nd one is a good idea. I suggest adding brazil and more indian provinces\factions

I really like both ideas.
    More interactive terrain would be a lot nicer. I always think;"Hmm...I just landed 300 cannonballs on that patch of land. I guess the balls had landinggears."

The priority option would be really usefull. Maybe you could even prioritize capturing the bigger ships? Now it's always a guess, which ship(s) you get after battle.

Nimthill's Avatar Biarchus

Very good suggestions!

One option I'd like to add is that you can make a stack into an official army, in much the same way as you could create a crusade in MT2W. Give a name and a general to your army, and give an option window that lists your armies. Not all units, only the official armies. Would make it easier to keep track off and more immersive!
    For every action there is an equal and opposite government program.

wrongway1965's Avatar Foederatus
    'Over Yonder'... Just Southeast of 'Ovarr' ... <- The Southernese Language at its finest...

I like the idea, I just wonder how to do it & the results vs. the effort.

I never use the 'auto-thang' so I can't say whether I'd use it or not...

Seems redundant to me, you wanna capture a juicy target ? Then go do it. No two battles are ever the same & they might just have that 'magic Beebee' that seals the deal in their favor.

Why let the AI decide those fights ?

As far as using the 'auto-thang',

Well!, I am perfectly capable of losing battles on my own thank you very much...

W-W

Moved to Wips, Ideas, and Proposals.
    Curious Curialist curing the Curia of all things Curial.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I like the official army idea. I would prefer that taken a little further even, that only an official army with a general could be a full stack, with other groups of units being more limited. Maybe 10 units at most without a general, or less.

That would make generals a bit more important, and it would be weird to have large armies without a general.