Thread: [Dead] The Universal Sound Mod

Bundy88's Avatar Libertus

Icon6 [Dead] The Universal Sound Mod

Hi this mod is a combination of Sgt. Melin's combine sound mod and Pisoiasul's ATM mod so all credit goes to them for the great work they have each done. The main reason for this mod was to create a solution to the sound engine ctd most were coming across and I was no excpetion. So I began testing to find a solution to this problem and realised most of the ctds had to do with the order in which the mods are loaded in mod manager and not the actual sound engine at all. So instead of moving all my mods around to find a right pattern I just combined all sound mods into one so they would all load at the same time, and I have to say so far NO CTDS!! And with Pisoiasul's and Sgt. Melins ok I decided to release it as a mod for all to help others with the same problem.

Also as a plus I raised the cannon and musket sounds by 150 to 200% so your really ganna feel a bang lol.

http://www.filefront.com/15991543/mod_soundv3.pack

Installation: Just add the file to your empire data folder and enable it in mod manager. (Just make sure it loads first, unless you use the Blood smoke mod then that should always load first and the sound mod after that followed by db edited mods then retextured skins.)

Also follow my method of installing mods for the best preformance:
    1 Open mod manager uncheck all mods and hit launch. 2 Exit empire once you get to the main menu. 3 Go to users, your name, app data, Roaming, the creative assembly, empire, scripts, and delete profile.last used mods, and user.empire_script. 4 Open mod manager again and put the biggest game changing mods first, ex. (bsm, sound mod, ktkg, realistic flags, no trails, tighterformations, no backpacks, highland mod, and any other unit texture mods last.) 5 Check them all and launch the game. 6 Exit game on main menu. 7 run a disk defrag (I use smart defrag Incase anyone wants to know.) 8 When thats done restart ur computer. 9 Run one more defrag after restart. And 10 Run the game as you normally would.

P.S. As a little precaution against ctds run a drefrag before you play empire everytime.
    Last edited by Bundy88; April 01, 2010 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Update url

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: The Universal Sound Mod

Well nice to see you got the Mod released. I will try it out. I had a lot of problems with mid battle CTDs so hopefully this will fix that.

can i ask what Pisoiasul's sound mod is? i use sgt. melin's but don''t know of the former?

thanks,
    brit
    Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.

- Napoleon Bonaparte

is there anyway you can just raise the musket/cannon sounds of sgt. melin's? how would i go about doing that if you possibly dont have the time?
    Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.

- Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    Well nice to see you got the Mod released. I will try it out. I had a lot of problems with mid battle CTDs so hopefully this will fix that.
    Yea me to. I hope it fixes your ctd problems, it did mine. Also any and all feedback would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by britishballer View Post
    is there anyway you can just raise the musket/cannon sounds of sgt. melin's? how would i go about doing that if you possibly dont have the time?
    Well I didnt make the sounds any louder cause they started to get alittle distorted, but if you just raise ur speakers volume you should be fine. But if you want to try for yourself use pack manager to export the sound files and use a sound editor to change the volume. Then repack them. And as for your first question Pisoiasul's mod is called the Atmospheric battle sound effects mod which he redid and modified every impact sound hitting flesh and added pain of death and screams, so no more silent deaths. It also happens to be one of my favorite mods cause it really adds to the suspense.

Buddy88 could you repost a working link to this wunderful mod. I have sound mod ctds and I hope this will fix it. Thanks good work

sory for the delay mod has been reposted wit the newest version of the combined sound mod and atmospheric mod and as always Ive edited boosted the volume by 150% so enjoy

jarnomiedema's Avatar Artifex ad Infinitum

Going to give this a try.. I've been combining a few of the sound mods I downloaded a while ago, but I can't really remember what I had installed originally (the game crashed quite badly in the past, so I eventually resorted to deleting all of my mods). I'll just open this up in the .pack file manager and have a listen..

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Under the patronage of his Estonian Eminence Trax

thanks for the good words and I hope its runnin good for everyone, feedback would be much appreciated. just figured Id state this for everyone who keeps gettin ctds because recently I myself have been starting to get them, and was workin like a mad dog to try and figure out what was causing it. I removed mods, i though it was temps, hardware issues, etc. Finally found out it was the new nvidia display driver that was causing the prob so I checked evgas forums about my gtx 285 and people were saying that there are many problems wit that card and its drivers. So they recomended the 186.18 driver and so far all is well. And so the moral to this story is just cause you ctd doesnt mean its mod related so check your drivers and make sure they work well with ur vid cards cause that could be after all.

Hey bundy, I don't need your mod after all. I combined my own favorite sound mods into one. atm with Diggy's Pop muskets and GD realism into one. It sound great and works like a charm all sound and video settings on max. Thanks for the idea in general. Just combining the mods into one big one seems to do the trick.

Default Re: [Dead] The Universal Sound Mod

Is this mod dead?

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: [Dead] The Universal Sound Mod

The download link is not leading anywhere.