Thread: Steam

Default Steam

Im trying to buy rome off steam since i cant find the CDs...and i keep entering my info and its sayin please enter ur state...which i obviously did...any ideas?

Hakomar's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Steam

I don't understand this question.
    You are trying to buy it off Steam (not the best option, by the way), and when you go ahead, it says it cannot continue until you enter the state you are in?
    I don't know because I am from the UK,but you probably mispelled it or something.

dont want to advertise but,

direct2drive.com buy it there for 5$

Contact CA maybe and see if they have some recommendations for online purchases, apart from Steam.

http://www.totalwar.com/index.html?page=/us/buyonline/index.html&nav=/us/9/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...NI/totalwar-21

Steam is the stupidest idea in the world, for Aussies, at least. Pay for the game, then pay for the download. Example: I buy MTW2 GE with Kingdoms, then have to use up 2 months worth of bandwidth to download it @ $70/per month. $200 for a $60 game...

Ooops! A problem with the download, you say? Add another $140 per download problem. Mmmmm Steam, what a great idea! Or you could just mail me the game like normal people do. Also, Steam limits how I can move stuff to other computers, pay more for more limitations? Hard drive crash?

To me, and I guess, quite a few others, Steam is just hot air, painful and worthless. Not to mention it is almost impossible to get your user ID back if you lose some of the details, so the games I did buy on it are now lost forever. What is burning to make all the Steam? All my wasted money, that's what! Apologies to any Steam fans out there, but these are my experiences.
    Last edited by hocca; October 26, 2009 at 04:34 AM.