Thread: House Rules for Campaigns

Default House Rules for Campaigns

I started a new campaign and I have a few house rules. Tell me what you think.

Captains can only fight battles, never besiege a city. All cities have to have governors or I have it switched so that they can't recruit or build, and then I set the policy. No cheats for combat, if I don't want to fight a battle, auto battle. No cheats for money. No slaughtering when I capture a city, unless it revolts and I am thrown out, then I can, but, I have to try and bring the happiness up before that happens.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Default Re: House Rules for Campaigns

What faction do you play as? If roman take a look at my Republican legion system. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=204635
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Tesla's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by thebull0425 View Post
    I started a new campaign and I have a few house rules. Tell me what you think.

Captains can only fight battles, never besiege a city. All cities have to have governors or I have it switched so that they can't recruit or build, and then I set the policy. No cheats for combat, if I don't want to fight a battle, auto battle. No cheats for money. No slaughtering when I capture a city, unless it revolts and I am thrown out, then I can, but, I have to try and bring the happiness up before that happens.
    how you gonna expand?

Have to wait for family members to mature. I fight battles with captains, but do not besiege cities. I can expand. Recruit Governors to govern, and release family members to battle.

Tesla's Avatar Senator

oh i get it now nvr mind

My house rules are simple, really. I can only have 5 Spartan's plus the Spartan General, and city hoplites are limited to 7 per city, 10 per huge city.

<<Un collègue; un ami.>>

I forgot to mention, another house rule is that I have to have 2 hastati and a velite in each city for "security".

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by thebull0425 View Post
    I forgot to mention, another house rule is that I have to have 2 hastati and a velite in each city for "security".
    My spin on this is to have a maximum of 5 Roman Town Militia (or whatever they're called, the ones with the large wood shield) - they stop the town from revolting most of the time but as a means of defence are effectively useless, meaning I can't just fortify and forget my settlements - they must be protected.

My solution is to have legions stationed to protect various provinces / regions / settlements.

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.