Thread: Revolutions

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Revolutions

I only thought about it today but...

Where do you think theyre going to stand on revolutions with Napoleon?
    If this was just an expansion i could see them leaving them out, but revolutions were an important part in Empire (at least they were for me) and since Napoleon will technically be a completely new game... do you think they will have revolutions?

or do you think they will leave it out? I cant really see the French monarchy making an early return.

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Revolutions

in reality it happened so why not in game?
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

drake546's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by RorySheen View Post
    I only thought about it today but...

Where do you think theyre going to stand on revolutions with Napoleon?
    If this was just an expansion i could see them leaving them out, but revolutions were an important part in Empire (at least they were for me) and since Napoleon will technically be a completely new game... do you think they will have revolutions?

or do you think they will leave it out? I cant really see the French monarchy making an early return.
    Napoleon did recreate a french monarchy, just with him instead. I doubt they'll leave it out, but it will be identical to Empire and unupdated.

Yeah, in Napoleonic times, most powerful nations like Austria and Russia where worried that ideas of revolutions would spread to their nations after Frances revolution! So thats what started the revolutionary wars which was from 1792-1802. The Napoleonic Wars where from 1804-1815. So Revolutions should be in NTW!
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

yeah but my thought is like... in Empire when you had a revolution you get a new leader.
    i dont see them leaving it so you can replace Napoleon when its Napoleon: total war.
    also since you can use him in battles i dont see them doing it.

lol you got me man

be funny if napoleon was overthrown and you did it intentionally lol

so much for that idea
    Last edited by Astaroth; October 17, 2009 at 02:24 PM. Reason: censor bypass removed

Comes Domesticorum

I think revolutions should definitely be possible, and perhaps having a successful campaign as the French can influence other nations to have a revolution.

I think thought they should make it that if there is a revolution in France and Napoleon is overthrown, you lose.

If they make Revolutions possible they shouldn't make it to where The Leader is changed. I think they should definatly be available because at the time Revoultions were Very Important.

P.S. Also this is of topic, but Is there a Grand Campaign in NTW and can you play as other countries if so.