Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New hotseat proposal!!! Only commited and serious players.

Default Re: New hotseat proposal!!! Only commited and serious players.

yea it would be complicated but i guess it would work, in an actual battle if it wernt autoresolve is it even possible to brake through a wall with a ballistas of a citadel?

correct. In real battles, you couldn't even scratch a citidal wall, let alone ANY stone wall. (Castles , Small Cities)

Thats why i will propose a new addition, to make this game yet fair.

The main goal is to keep away a unit that can conquer any thing so...

We have Balistias can only take out forts
    catapults can take out up to large towns / wooden castles (Settlement wood wall grade)
    Trebs can take out any thing

Reason why I say that is that the player must be very commited to be taking out Constantinople in 1 shot or something, having a few trebs, but alot of balistias, The balistias would be used mainly for Pushing through a heavily defended canyon, and also for counter seige weapons (Having the balistias able to stop the catapults / trebs while they are in forts before they can get to the big cities and wreck them down.

This is the whole reason why we made spies banned from conquering settlements, is because they can be easily produced, The same thing goes for the Balistia now. They are a 1st tier building, easy to produce, and beyond effective if used not having rules on such weapons as well. They ARE spies, just slower, and 100% always if they reach the targets.
    Last edited by Kaizer Merlox; October 18, 2009 at 10:25 AM.
    Abit tired now...

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

I agree on this new rule. and we must try to enforce it in the other hotseats.

regards

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

Thank you, As I see it, If you make rules on 1 side, you must make rules on the other side to make the game fully balanced. because if one or the other side has too many rules, the other side gets heavily abused, and then we are all back from where we started, a horribly abused game.
    Abit tired now...

i agree, but these rules should be pretty good as it actually stops assaults which was the main aim we wanted for so long.. Unfortunatly i doubt many games change rules half way through, if they did it would be excellent but its a shame thats why i want this hotseat, since Emps host and players would be experienced commited it should be good

Well, it works for any games that is turn 5 or lower, as this is the time needed to get a balistia up. you really can't use it after when they start doing some damage.
    Abit tired now...

should we try convince the New Empires?

it would be worth a shot, right now it's already on turn 5, any later it will be too late
    Abit tired now...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12