Thread: Saved game crashes after installing v1.5 patch RTW

Default Saved game crashes after installing v1.5 patch RTW

I've just gone back to playing Rome again after playing Empire for a while, and i had a really good game going, but then i decided to download the patches and update my version to 1.5

i did this as normal, however when i went back to load the game i was playing before i installed the patches, it just closed the whole program as soon as the loading screen appeared. There isn't even an error message, it just closes for no apparent reason.

Interestingly, all my other saved games work fine, its just the one that i played most recently

Has this happened to anyone before? Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: Saved game crashes after installing v1.5 patch RTW

Can you confirm that you've added the -show_err switch to the shortcut target?

What version of RTW were you playing before you patched it? The version number is shown on the top right hand side of the options menu.

Where did you get RTW from? Is it on disc or a download? What does it have on the box? If it's a download where did you get it from?

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

If the latest save is an auto save, then probably all your savegames got corrupted. This happens quite often with RTW 1.5 and BI 1.6, at least I have experienced this problem countless times.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

The advice I found from the RS team was to turn off autosave (in preferences.txt) as that is known to cause corrupt saves. Personally, I never experienced that in about three years of playing RTW mods but I did change it after I read it (a few years ago).

Just remember to save manually.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here