Thread: Which are you more excited about, NTW campaign or ETW's extended campaign

Default Which are you more excited about, NTW campaign or ETW's extended campaign

With the reports that ETW owners can expect NTW to add Napoleonic units to ETW along with other things like no more clone armies. I find myself more excited about what ETW will become in 2010 rather than NTW. I know the creators at CA have even pointed this out about American game players prefering the sandbox format.

This I agree with, I don't want to play a scripted Napoleon campaign that only focuses on Europe. I would prefer building up a huge British or French Empire, maybe with a more detailed European map but why rid the game of the rest of the world, that seems like a step backwards, so I am stoked that it will not matter since I can continue on in ETW time wise into the 19th century. It strikes me as strange that the best feature of a "stand alone" will be what it does for another "stand alone" game?

Default Re: Which are you more excited about, NTW campaign or ETW's extended campaign

What are you talking about, I believe CA is just about done with ETW and patching it, and Napoleonic units wont be added to ETW! And the Grand Campaign in NTW sounds very promising, with it being more detailed. And with only 2 scripted campaigns and just the normal Grand Campaign, it has already got more name features that what Empire has ever had! SO I'm way more excited for NTW than ETW, ETW will probably never be patched again after 1.5 like RTW was. ETW is over, NTW is what CA is focusing on (I think)!
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

persianfan247's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Which are you more excited about, NTW campaign or ETW's extended campaign

By reports I assume you mean rumors rather than actually realesed infomation, so what the guy above me said.

magpie's Avatar Artifex

For myself, Its got to be NTW, an epic period in european history, regarding sandbox gameplay, Stuff it! We see so many of these games around, They are truely unbelievable at best.

sponsered by the noble Prisca

Shigawire's Avatar VOXIFEX MAXIMVS

Neither is interesting. What interests me is the new attrition feature. And how the AI will be able to handle it.
    The NTW or expanded ETW campaign interests me not 1 whit.
    ------------------------------VOXIFEX MAXIMVS-------------------------------
    ------PROUD PARENT OF THE EUROPA BARBARORUM VOICEMOD-------

"To know a thing well, know its limits. Only when pushed beyond its tolerances will its true nature be seen." -The Amtal Rule, DUNE

Same here, neither interests me particularly. I'm actually keeping my fingers crossed for HWLG.

Im hoping for som real AI and expanded terrain to conquer. And of course the ability to play as all nations, including emergent ones.

Turbo's Avatar Civitate

Not interested in either, particularly after the abandonment of Empire and the remark about "casual Americans".
    Work of God

extended

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Quote Originally Posted by helmersen View Post
    Why are you all so negative towards Empire? CA is trying and trying, but you NEVER get happy, now do ya!?
    I agree, I am actually happy that it appears that we get the option to conqueror the world via an extension of the ETW period, which is not rumor by the way its confirmed in the interviews. NTW will integrate features like random model generator into ETW and the period will be continued like a late age. All I am saying is I prefer the global approach not that the European only thing is bad I would just prefer to focus on a larger scale conquest. I hope in the long run they integrate the map to have a detailed Europe along with the rest of the world but that might be a bridge to far.

Blackshamrock.'s Avatar Campidoctor

They are still releasing patches. I don't know why every one pics on ca. They would radder relais A playable game than a buggy one. You should all be giving out about Sega, and not ca. Sega pushed the game for an earlier release. They don't give a about us Gamers all Sega wants is money. At least CA listen to us and do go out of there way to fix things. Now NTW is going to be great I think as for the new warpath campaign with ETW that's going to rubbish I think but I'm buying it anyway just to have a look see. Anyways NTW sounds like its going to cool.

drake546's Avatar Miles

If they do update ETW from NTW changes, I may buy NTW, but only to play ETW. The confining scenario of NTW is not one I find especially interesting. I did not paticuarly care for the RTI campaigns either.

Not to mention they tend to be buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by aggie_john View Post
    I agree, I am actually happy that it appears that we get the option to conqueror the world via an extension of the ETW period, which is not rumor by the way its confirmed in the interviews. NTW will integrate features like random model generator into ETW and the period will be continued like a late age.
    If they do actually include NTW improvements in ETW once NTW is released, it would be a rather good move by CA/Sega. Where is this confirmed exactly? Could you provide a link to this interview.
    Last edited by Astaroth; October 15, 2009 at 01:05 PM.

Hardrada992's Avatar Decanus

Definitely would be more excited about the 'extended' campaign, if that is indeed true. Can some one link to the interview or wherever that was stated?

Quote Originally Posted by Panchito View Post
    If they do actually include NTW improvements in ETW once NTW is released, it would be a rather good move by CA/Sega. Where is this confirmed exactly? Could you provide a link to this interview.
    Its here in the Confirmed topic under "Technical", but the source is the Gamespot article posted Aug 20, 2009.