Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: TECHNICAL HELP & REPORTS THREAD [Bug Reports, Installation Problems, CTDs, etc...]

Default Re: Bug Reports & Technical help

Quote Originally Posted by Flikitos View Post
    Put your Imperial Splendour folder in the campaigns one, here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\campaigns

It would work now.
    Nope, that just made it even worse.

Now Empire wont even start after I moved Imperial Splendour DB.pack, Imperial Splendour Media.pack, and patch_is_text.pack to the campaign folder.

Actually I already have an Imperial Pplendour folder in the campaigns folder before you mentioned doing this. What else could I be doing wrong?

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

These 3 files were right in the data folder. But there is an Imperial Splendour Campaign folder with an esf witch has to be installed in the ancillary campaign folder. And by the way, you don't have to add patch_is_text.pack in your user script

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    These 3 files were right in the data folder. But there is an Imperial Splendour Campaign folder with an esf witch has to be installed in the ancillary campaign folder. And by the way, you don't have to add patch_is_text.pack in your user script
    Okay I got that but...

I don't see a folder titled "ancillary campaign."

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\campaigns\imperial_splendour

Inside of this folder I have pathfinding.esf, poi.esf, regions.esf, scripting.lua, sea_grids.esf, startpos.esf and trade_routes.esf. Which .esf file are you talking about and where exactly does it have to go?

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Every Esf-file you downloaded;-) Your files should be now in th right place. And te ancillary is a mistake of mine. I me the folder in the path you've shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    Every Esf-file you downloaded;-) Your files should be now in th right place. And te ancillary is a mistake of mine. I me the folder in the path you've shown.
    Okay well that puts me back to where I was... and the game still crashes when I try to start a new campaign.

Can someone please help me?

the mod is packed such that you only need to copy the "data" folder of the 7z file into the "Empire Total War" folder. path structure should be in place then, but actually this should not cause a crash at gamestart.

Have you started ETW once unmodded before you tried it? If not, try deleting (or moving / renaming) the script file and start it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Knight View Post
    the mod is packed such that you only need to copy the "data" folder of the 7z file into the "Empire Total War" folder. path structure should be in place then, but actually this should not cause a crash at gamestart.

Have you started ETW once unmodded before you tried it? If not, try deleting (or moving / renaming) the script file and start it again.
    It looks like its working now. I didnt have the .vga files in the campaign folder for some reason.

"Rajput Zamindar" unit for Maratha Confederacy in play battle keeps causing the game to crash.

Notes from my British campaign playthrough thus far:

On the campaign map:
    Sometimes the 'build indicator' doesn't appear over towns without buildings in them. Seems to work for farms, though.

Lots of missing names for units/buildings:
    +The cheapest mortar unit
    +All of the 'upgraded' artillery
    +The government buildings line above 'governors residence' in major cities and above 'minor governor's residence' in small cities

The 'marines' unit has a white portrait

Stats/Etc:
    The line infantry gained from research, while cheaper, is also significantly worse. Is this a gameplay choice?

Most of the early artillery has a range and firepower of 'zero'

EDIT:
    Attempting to fire fixed cannons results in the game freezing. Minimizing and bringing the game up again results in the battle screen coming back up, albeit frozen. Can still move the camera about though, like the game is just paused.
    Last edited by Swerg; July 09, 2012 at 01:11 AM.

French late line infantry has better parameters in melee than British does and French militia is almost equal to British line.

Unit sizes: Grenadier units are of the same size as line infantry.

Gun shells don't leave craters or any marks on the ground they hit,just smoke.

Grenadiers don't have the "form square" ability.(Britihs late at least)

P.S FLikitos,remember what I said about fire_volley for grenadiers and highlanders for late period. They've got platoon fire now. It must have been due to reforming after square or smth.
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

Grenadiers should be the same size as line infantry. Grenadier battalions were the same size as infantry battalions. It's been that way in IS since the start, as far as I know. Reducing the size of grenadier units makes them useless anyway. They need the numbers to close and get into melee, which is basically their purpose.

As I recall, the British are generally weak in melee in IS (except for Scottish units,) in order to make up for their good shooting skills. So that is probably intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Swerg View Post
    Grenadiers should be the same size as line infantry. Grenadier battalions were the same size as infantry battalions. It's been that way in IS since the start, as far as I know. Reducing the size of grenadier units makes them useless anyway. They need the numbers to close and get into melee, which is basically their purpose.

As I recall, the British are generally weak in melee in IS (except for Scottish units,) in order to make up for their good shooting skills. So that is probably intentional.
    As I know, grenadiers were just one (2 companies as in 1st foot guards) company for a battalion. usually the same number as light infantry companies.If it was of need,they would be grouped into grenadier-only battalions. But if that's the teams decision, lett it be.

How is can it be that British REGULARS are worse in melee than French MILITIA? Which.respectively makes British militia useless in combat
    It's fine balancing line vs line,but when militia beats regulars up close...no go guys,no go...
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

I'm less familiar with other army's organizational systems, but Russian grenadier regiments had the same number of men as infantry regiments, so it would follow that their battalions would be the same size. Company grenadiers attached to regular regiments were commonly (in the Russian and French armies, as far as I am aware) converged into battalions or otherwise purely grenadier units during battle.

Either way, since grenadiers don't have that horribly overpowered grenade attack now, there's no need to nerf their numbers. They're a shock-melee unit in IS.

I was speaking to the point about French late Line infantry. They probably SHOULD be better in melee than the British, since melee was basically what the Revolutionary French Army was good at. Spamming columns like no tomorrow while the rest of Europe shouted "HAX!" Militia should probably not be equal to line infantry in any way.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

As we were not able to limit grenadiers recruitment to 1 unit for 4 fusiliers units, the only way to keep balance was to reduce their size.
    Guards and elite units are easier to limit as they were only available in few number.
    For instance, vieux regiments are limit to 5, according to the historically 5 "vieux regiments" and to avoid to "spam" the game with elite units (French also have 5 "petits vieux regiments" units)

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Quote Originally Posted by Swerg View Post
    I'm less familiar with other army's organizational systems, but Russian grenadier regiments had the same number of men as infantry regiments, so it would follow that their battalions would be the same size. Company grenadiers attached to regular regiments were commonly (in the Russian and French armies, as far as I am aware) converged into battalions or otherwise purely grenadier units during battle.

Either way, since grenadiers don't have that horribly overpowered grenade attack now, there's no need to nerf their numbers. They're a shock-melee unit in IS.

I was speaking to the point about French late Line infantry. They probably SHOULD be better in melee than the British, since melee was basically what the Revolutionary French Army was good at. Spamming columns like no tomorrow while the rest of Europe shouted "HAX!" Militia should probably not be equal to line infantry in any way.
    Russians( Pavlovskie grenadiori,for instance) and Prussians(obsessed with grenadiers) were the ones to form grenadier regiments,Hessians(regiment Rahl and others) did,too. So in-game it's fine to have 150 men strong one of a kind elite grenadier unit. But for the British, grenadiers were flank companies,as they called them. Companies,battalions and regiments-different stuff. Russians,Prussians,Hessians(on British service) could have full strength units,while ordinary grenadiers(cheaper and not a as skilled),available to every faction.
    But actually ,I don't mind them in bigger numbers if they are limited. But as wangrin says,they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by wangrin View Post
    As we were not able to limit grenadiers recruitment to 1 unit for 4 fusiliers units, the only way to keep balance was to reduce their size.
    So,what happens to grenadiers then? Reduced numer in a unit? By half?

AnimaMea's Avatar Miles

Do I need to install Is 2.2 first? I've uninstalled all other mods, put the new files where the readme said and activated them in the user script, but cant get past the loading screen

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

AnimaMea: You do not have to install IS 2.1.4 before, IS 2.2b is independent, the only pack you do not have to activate as I said is the ISBeffecto, and the patch_is_txt.pack. When does the problem occur (which Loading screen, battle or Campaign)?

Justdoit: No worries buddy for the bugs, I am working on a patch rightnow, and for the Grenadiers it is more realistic to have "full" unit Regiment. May be we could limit the number of recruitment, even if we limit their recruitment by their price.

Quote Originally Posted by Flikitos View Post
    Justdoit: No worries buddy for the bugs, I am working on a patch rightnow, and for the Grenadiers it is more realistic to have "full" unit Regiment. May be we could limit the number of recruitment, even if we limit their recruitment by their price.

I've got to DB tables and tweaked some stuff. No matter what I did in units_to_units_abilities _junctions,grenadiers dont have square formation in-game,though DB table says "square_formation" and description of units features "Adopts square formation". It's beacause grenades are enabled-if unchecked,square formation works

I've aslo tweaked unit sizes for grenadier.Reduced by half and gave them mass_fire ability. I have to tell you,it plays much better that way(for me at least) One nice volley has better effect than platoon fire. Maybe late period should only have mass_fire? Or at least no platoon_fire?
    Last edited by HighOnTea; July 09, 2012 at 09:19 AM.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Crashed while on loading screen no idea what causes. My scripts are like these.

mod "Imperial Splendour 2_2 DB.pack";
    mod "Imperial Splendour 2_2 Media.pack";
    mod "IS_Artillery.pack";
    mod "IS_britain.pack";
    mod "IS_Flags.pack";
    mod "IS_france.pack";
    mod "IS_Horses.pack";
    mod "IS_mod_no_forts.pack";
    mod "IS_mod_BSM_4_1_Medium.pack";
    mod "Is_sounds_musics_pack";

Skillreaver's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    Crashed while on loading screen no idea what causes. My scripts are like these.

mod "Imperial Splendour 2_2 DB.pack";
    mod "Imperial Splendour 2_2 Media.pack";
    mod "IS_Artillery.pack";
    mod "IS_britain.pack";
    mod "IS_Flags.pack";
    mod "IS_france.pack";
    mod "IS_Horses.pack";
    mod "IS_mod_no_forts.pack";
    mod "IS_mod_BSM_4_1_Medium.pack";
    mod "Is_sounds_musics_pack";
    I had the same problem.But all works fine with Empire Mod Manager 1.5 : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=240335 Delete user.script and activate all of packs by manager.