Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: TECHNICAL HELP & REPORTS THREAD [Bug Reports, Installation Problems, CTDs, etc...]

Default Re: Bug Reports & Technical help

it crashes when i try to sart it but ive checked the user script and its fine!
    God dam, I wish Boromir survived

are you sure the files are in the right folder? (the is data files)

Did you have any other mods installed?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Knight View Post
    are you sure the files are in the right folder? (the is data files)

Did you have any other mods installed?
    previously i had ACW installed but i deleted all traces
    God dam, I wish Boromir survived

Just resetup Empire Total War including the huge steam download. I wanted to install this mod. The files are downloaded but I cant find the diectory listed as:

[[[
    You must then ACTIVATE the mod, by placing the "user.empire_script.txt" file in the scripts directory usually found here:
    Windows XP / 2000: C:\Documents and Settings\<Your User Name here>\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts
    Windows 7 / Vista: C:\Users\<Your User Name here>\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

]]]

Computer is a Vista 32 bit laptop. Ive run various searches starting from the C: for "scripts" "The Creative Assemply" and "Empire". So far I cant find this scripts directory where the launch file is supposed to go.

Any help? Settings to change or something?
    Last edited by Brygun; January 24, 2012 at 03:54 PM. Reason: d

two possible pitfalls:
    1. The folder is only created at first gamestart
    2. The AppData or Roaming folder is hidden, you need to select show hidden folders in folder options to make it visible

Found it after setting to show hidden files. (used F1 on the desktop to get that). Thanks mate! Ill load yer musket in the next fight.

vanian's Avatar Libertus

I've installed the mod and launched the game. The Imperial Splendour logo is on the menu but other than that the game seems exactly like the vanilla version. No different options or campaigns seem to available, am I missing something here?

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

Yes we will fix this "bug" in IS 2.2.1, no worries.

Can anyone Just give me the link of IS 2.0 dowload and installation guide???
    I have been searching it for hours

IS 2.0 was hosted on Megaupload and is thus no longer available. You can download IS 2.1.4 here:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20056...dour_v2_1_4_7z

To installt it just copy the contents of the folder into the Data directory and use mod manager or the script file to activate the mod. You can find the link and installation instructions in the first post of this thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=303141

Hey thanks you saved my day from frustration

dear, dear Imperial Splendour team,

THIS MOD IS AWESOME! I've always been playing E:TW with the Dartmod Empire Commander mod, but this mod is far better! It's SO realistic - I'm actually proud to play my own country (I'm Dutch (= ) again!

I just have three questions. As you can see, I'm not very often posting stuff on TWcenter for I'm a busy student of Aerspace Engineering, but if I really think it's worth something, I post it so that's for you guys! The point of me saying this, is the fact that I'm not aware if I am to post this here or somewhere else, but since this was the most recent updated forum page in comparison to a lot of dead once since 2009 (which is already 3 years ago by now guys!!! O= ), I thought I'd give it a try.

So to the point:
    1. Is there a smoke submod for this, because those baby clouds aren't really the real deal now are they? You should only be able to see guys back in that era if you stood before there noses once the battle raged. Example of proper smoke from approx. 1:10 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhd_dnFuqh4

2. Does this mod have it's own unit tweaks in battle? (I'm saying, does it have it's own BAI? - but since I know that this can't be tweaked directly for I'm a modder myself elsewhere, I put it the other way)

3. It seems like it has it own CAI, but what are the improvements? Link/pictures?

That's really about all! I'm off playing till deep in the night now, for tomorrow I only have time to study Flight Mechanics and Aeronautics... =(
    Still, I'll be checking for an answer from you guys hehe..

THANKS AGAIN TEAM!

Hey! Is there any way to make the diplomatic AI have more sense in some way? I'd really hope there was a fix of sort for this, as it makes this otherwise good game make me want to pound my screen(and it's not even CRT!).

I'm afraid it is impossible. I suggest playing normal difficulty for least bad AI.

Keyserm's Avatar Laetus

Hi, I have just installed IS 2.1.4 and i think i spoted a bug

Playing as Morocco , i have recruited some "abid bawakhir" units in Tangier and got attacked by a british army. the units i've recruited disapeared after the city battle (in this battke i had 2 recruited "Abid bawakhir" and 3 spawned ones + other troops), i think the ia counted my recruited units as spawned ones...
    anyway to fix this ?

side note: Governement building at max level

sorry for my bad english

ok, somebody else has reported something like that before, so I better look into it. Thanks for the report!

Mullaf Militia looks a little to Western for Persia to recruit...

Got a CTD upon end turn after I saved this and now the game crashes when I try to even load this save. No auto_save was created.

The 1717 save has the CTD. I've included the 1716 save in case it's of any use.

Not sure if it's an ETW issue or IS issue. Nonetheless any help would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; November 09, 2012 at 12:59 PM.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

I'm not sure these are entirely in the right category, but I do have a list of annoying glitches or unintended effects in this game. I don't know how many can be fixed.

-Riderless horses still fight enemy infantry, even when the riders have routed.
    -Remounting garrisoned or partially garrisoned dragoons can cause them to bug and become unusable
    -Declaring war on some countries will give you random "Dishonouring Treaties" diplomatic sanctions (-120 points). This happens even if you have never made treaties with them and doesn't seem to ever reduce itself over time.
    -I think that you get the same penalty for redeclaring war on a nation even after a long time. I'm not sure if this is intended, but it never affects AI nations.
    -Other diplomatic bonuses appear arbitrarily. For example some nations have "Different government type" penalties against you (I think Portugal chiefly) despite having the same government.
    -Penalties against territorial expansion and breaking treaties seems to affect only nations in one's theatre
    -The Mamelukes suffer resistance to foreign occupation in territories they rebel from (lol?)
    -Bomb ketches aren't able to select fire at enemies without advancing forward, though the description implies they can't even fire without halting
    -In a fort battle, garrisoning your units in a building destroys their "Encouraged by Fortifications" morale bonus.
    -Units occasionally will fire at will at enemies far past their maximum range
    -In a fort battle, you can deploy stakes over the fort doors and essentially block any enemy cavalry involvement

I can think of more l8r.

Heeehehe's Avatar Tiro
    City of Lightning, Equator Emerald, 1st Level of Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Keyserm View Post
    Hi, I have just installed IS 2.1.4 and i think i spoted a bug

Playing as Morocco , i have recruited some "abid bawakhir" units in Tangier and got attacked by a british army. the units i've recruited disapeared after the city battle (in this battke i had 2 recruited "Abid bawakhir" and 3 spawned ones + other troops), i think the ia counted my recruited units as spawned ones...
    anyway to fix this ?

side note: Governement building at max level

sorry for my bad english
    i think i get this kind of thing as well
    "And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth). Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a Nutfah (mixed drops of the male and female sexual discharge) (and lodged it) in a safe lodging (womb of the woman). Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the best of creators. After that, surely, you will die. Then (again), surely, you will be resurrected on the Day of Resurrection. And indeed We have created above you seven heavens (one over the other), and We are never unaware of the creation." (QS. Al-Mu'minun (23):12-17)

"He who has not seen it does not know the power of Islam." -Ibn Khaldun