Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: TECHNICAL HELP & REPORTS THREAD [Bug Reports, Installation Problems, CTDs, etc...]

Default Re: Bug Reports & Technical help

and what does the empire user script txt file contain?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Knight View Post
    and what does the empire user script txt file contain?
    mod "Imperial Splendour DB.pack";
    mod "Imperial Splendour Media.pack";

and these two files are in your data directory? If so, then the crash must be due to some old installation of a mod...

Yeah but they are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data\data as IS comes with its own data folder, also i have deleted the game and reinstalled it as i thought it could have been an old mod but this is no the case

ahh, that is the issue
    the data folder is supposed to be merged into your data folder!

No worries, we do not override any files. The campaigns folder also has to be merged, such that there are no two data folders (and no two campaigns folders either)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Knight View Post
    ahh, that is the issue
    the data folder is supposed to be merged into your data folder!

No worries, we do not override any files. The campaigns folder also has to be merged, such that there are no two data folders (and no two campaigns folders either)
    Cheers m8 got it i was thinking it was strange having two data folders lol

I just finished installing the mod this morning and started a campaign as the United Provinces.

The 'West India Line Regiment' only has 105 men as opposed to all the other line infantry regiments, which have 150.

I'm guessing this is just a typo in a file somewhere. If anyone cold tell me which file and how to change it, it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Raw Data

PS: Great mod folks.

the starting unit? Then it is in the startpos file and I advise living with it - it will only be this one unit.

If trained, then get DB Editor and change it in the unit_tables file for united provinces of the IS DB file.

They were recruited, and thankyou for the help.

Will this work with my current campaign or will I have to restart?

Also the stats for Swiss Line Infantry seem a little odd, an extra 50 upkeep on normal Line Infantry for a unit that looks a little different and can hide in bushes, but is otherwise exactly the same?

Additionally Grenadier are less accurate than normal Line Infantry? Is this intentional for balancing purposes?

Cheers,
    Raw Data
    Last edited by Raw Data; August 27, 2011 at 12:48 AM.

it will work in the current campaign but only apply on units recruited in the future (if that makes sense)

You should not heed stats too much. Different units use different projectiles which influence their performance much better than e.g. the accuracy. ETW hides most of the important stats from the viewer sadly.
    (examples: the reload speed is displayed, but the base reload time of the projectile is not although this is the much more important value! Same goes for troop accuracy and projectile spread, the first but unimportant one is displayed)

We have tried to align the values somehow, but haven't always managed well. You should try out their units to see their performance and not only heed the (displayed) stats!

Foederatus

Default Re: [Addon Unit Pack] Additional Units Mod (AUM) 3.2 for Imperial Splendour

Excuse me, but i'm getting a problem with the IS version of the mod. I'm using the 3.2 with english language, and it prevents me from using some factions( like venice, denmark ...) in the custom battle, and if i start a campaign, no matter the faction, it crashes... i noticed that by removing the line in the script used to activate AUM this problem is solved, yet a good number of additional units become... untextured. Please, do you know how to solve this?
    Last edited by Flikitos; September 01, 2011 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Move to Thread: Bug Reports & Technical help

Try reinstalling the mod

Hi, I hope this hasn't already been asked, and I'm sorry if it has :\ Anyhow I have windows 7, I've revealed hidden files and I still can't find the location for the script file that's needed to play the mod. Where should I be looking or where should I paste it to?

Aha! I've found it, but it's locked and won't let me open it which is wierd because I'm the only user on my laptop (so obviously I'm an admin) any tips?

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

try to install IS II with the mod manager.

a) The folder is created on first gamestart. Make sure you have startet the game before you go looking on it.

b) the files are locked by the game when it is running.

c) most of the time, if you type the path into the window and hit enter, it'll let you bypass most issues (e.g. you can select hidden folders by typing their address in the address line)

kenniston5's Avatar TAR local moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MagisterEquites View Post
    Hi, I hope this hasn't already been asked, and I'm sorry if it has :\ Anyhow I have windows 7, I've revealed hidden files and I still can't find the location for the script file that's needed to play the mod. Where should I be looking or where should I paste it to?
    cool heres the path you take:
    C:\Users\username(profile log in as)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts
    and the script should look like this:
    mod mod_BSM_4_Medium - IS2.pack;
    mod mod_NoTrails.pack;
    mod Imperial Splendour DB.pack;
    mod Imperial Splendour Media.pack;

**the top 2 mods are optional and in the IS forum**
    hope this helps out, have fun

Here is a bug: when you fight a naval battle and the enemy receives reinforcements and you make these reinforcements surrender, than after the battle those ships will still sail away with all their damage, and wont be captured, even though they surrendered!

While I am fairly certain that it is more of a ETW issue, I have noticed that when playing Denmark, Sweden will loose all provinces in the East to Russia, since Sweden place everything on the Norwegian border. It seems to be indifferent to Russia and let Estonia, Sankt Petersburg and Finland fall to Russia. So my question is: Is there a way to make Sweden and other nations be more aware of its core provinces and less of the player, since if I play any other nation, Sweden will not place all its troops on the Danish border.
    Oderint dum metuant

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

I installed the mod and the patch, but it freezes up at the splash screen, no CTD.

Edit: nevermind, it's all good now.
    Last edited by irontaino; December 08, 2011 at 08:44 PM.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.