Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 32843444546474849505152535455565758596061 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1216

Thread: TECHNICAL HELP & REPORTS THREAD [Bug Reports, Installation Problems, CTDs, etc...]

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: TECHNICAL HELP & REPORTS THREAD [Bug Reports, Installation Problems, CTDs, etc...]

How do I add this mod to IS?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...0-Larger-fonts

I tried it adding via text to the user.empire_script but the game crashes.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Default Re: TECHNICAL HELP & REPORTS THREAD [Bug Reports, Installation Problems, CTDs, etc...]

Quote Originally Posted by p.s.y.c.h.o View Post
    How do I add this mod to IS?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...0-Larger-fonts

I tried it adding via text to the user.empire_script but the game crashes.
    I need more informations in order to help you. Some screenshots of where the larger fonts file is and how the user.empire_script is would help me to find the problem. Furthermore it would be if you would tell me when exactly the game crashes. At the starting screen? When you satart a campaign or a battle?

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    I need more informations in order to help you. Some screenshots of where the larger fonts file is and how the user.empire_script is would help me to find the problem. Furthermore it would be if you would tell me when exactly the game crashes. At the starting screen? When you satart a campaign or a battle?
    I think I managed to fix this by moving the IS files to the main data folder, then using the Mod Manager to enable all of it, including the font mod.

Just another question, are the recruitment values really that high? I mean, 1k to recruit a simple militia regiment? Last time I played Empire was on 2010, but I don't remember units being that expensive. I did modifications to the unit size (multiplier at 2 and unit scale at 1). How do I change this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm changing the values with Pack File Manager.
    Last edited by p.s.y.c.h.o; February 15, 2017 at 06:29 PM.

when i try to go to grand campaign game crashes. can you help me?

Okay got it working. However still having tech tree issues, socket bayonet upgrade for France not available. Any suggestions? Thank you! This is a great mod my favorite. Would be very happy to get the tech trees to work right. Thanks in advance.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by William Campbell View Post
    Okay got it working. However still having tech tree issues, socket bayonet upgrade for France not available. Any suggestions? Thank you! This is a great mod my favorite. Would be very happy to get the tech trees to work right. Thanks in advance.
    Which version are you playing? And welcome to TWC

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Which version are you playing? And welcome to TWC

Thank you for your response! I am playing 2.2 version which comes with its on installer. On the British tech tree I have 2 possibilities to research socket bayonets. the unit upgrade does not light up so I can't research. On the French tech tree the socket bayonet upgrade does not light up neither does the square formation so I am unable to research those as well. Any suggestions? Thank you for your help and welcoming me! The mods and tips are great, Imperial Splendour mod is second to none! Nulli Secundus! Thank you! W.C

As you were. I uninstalled 2.2 and installed ROTR mod 1.0. It is working perfectly and a wonderful mod! If you have any tips about my issues with 2.2 I gladly take them. I may try it again another day. As for now I will be playing ROTR for the next indefinite weeks and months. My thanks to all the mod techs involved! You have created a master piece! What I would hope for in an Empire 2 remake of the game. Thank you!

Ducenarius

Hello, apologies but I've come across a slight quirk. It seems that the Patch 1.0 for IS 2.2.1 breaks the recruit access of Morocco to artillery, this may extend to other factions but I've so far only encountered it there. Through process of elimination I think it's the IS_DB file. Patch 2.0 DB file does not fix this access break.

Thank you for an awesome mod as is and any potential future updates!
    The scribes on all the people shove
    And bawl allegiance to the state,
    But they who love the greater love
    Lay down their life; they do not hate

Hello!

Im playing IS 2.21b with all patches installed. I have noticed broken textures on some infantry units:
    Polish: arty crew
    Austria: hungarian line, reischarmee line and siedler militia
    United provinces: swiss infantry
    Spain: italian line infantry

These are the ones which I have noticed. Not sure if there are more

Lord Horatius's Avatar Civis

Greetings, Chaps!

My first time posting on the ol' forums after a long absence! I purchased a new PC recently, and though I'm thrilled to finally play Empire on the highest graphics settings for the first time after almost decade, I am also in the mood to try a mod I have never used before.
    Imperial Splendor seems to fit the bill perfectly, but I'm afraid I've had nothing but trouble in my attempts to install it!

I've downloaded the installer and the two patches twice, and on both tries, the installer prompted me to insert a destination directory for the files. I guessed that the Empire data folder was the likely candidate, but on both occasions, the installer only got as far as 62% and then became unresponsive, forcing me to kill it.

So, I tried to follow the manual installation route, and downloaded the IS data and campaign folders as well as the user.empire_script. Locating the scripts folder was a far greater challenge than it should have been (I have Windows 10, and so "Documents and Settings" doesn't appear under C: ), but I eventually found it and pasted in the user.empire_script.
    When I double clicked on the IS launcher.exe in the data folder, the IS launcher appeared, but when I clicked "Start" I got the same message some others seem to have gotten on this thread: "windows cannot find 'empire.exe', make sure you have typed the name correctly and try again." Even with all the IS data files in the Empire data folder, when I launch the game through the traditional method, everything appears completely Vanilla. I have not attempted to download and install ROTR, as I merely wished to see what I thought of the original mod first!

Any help and guidance you all can provide a clueless old duffer would be greatly appreciated. I want to get in on the action and take my Empire to new, Splendid heights!
    Last edited by Lord Horatius; March 24, 2017 at 03:23 PM.
    No Frog will take MY fusiliers! Click here for some of my Historical Fiction:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=393678 http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...79#post8467779

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Horatius View Post
    I've downloaded the installer and the two patches twice, and on both tries, the installer prompted me to insert a destination directory for the files. I guessed that the Empire data folder was the likely candidate, but on both occasions, the installer only got as far as 62% and then became unresponsive, forcing me to kill it.
    It'll sit at exactly 62% for a short while (depending on your PC/hard drive speed) as it's extracting a 1.5gb file at that point. It says the installer is unresponsive but just let it carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by ruokamies View Post
    Hello!

Im playing IS 2.21b with all patches installed. I have noticed broken textures on some infantry units:
    Polish: arty crew
    Austria: hungarian line, reischarmee line and siedler militia
    United provinces: swiss infantry
    Spain: italian line infantry

These are the ones which I have noticed. Not sure if there are more
    How to fix this?

Lord Horatius's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by dodgydave View Post
    It'll sit at exactly 62% for a short while (depending on your PC/hard drive speed) as it's extracting a 1.5gb file at that point. It says the installer is unresponsive but just let it carry on.
    I am Indebted to you for your advice, sir David, and I shall follow it to the letter. "Here's Hopin'!", as they say!
    No Frog will take MY fusiliers! Click here for some of my Historical Fiction:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=393678 http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...79#post8467779

Quote Originally Posted by ruokamies View Post
    How to fix this?
    Try reinstalling the mod

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Try reinstalling the mod
    I have already tried to do that. I also tested it without any submods and it didn't help.

I used the installer version, everything working but in game cannons have no second line of abilities, such as fire at will, so they don't fire, they just have combat selected so the crews charge off, very odd, then after a min or so battles crash

Sounds like a file corruption. You may ave to reinstall.

Will do, I don't need to do anything with the installer version like move scripts and such right? and it includes the brits tech fix bug? I think that's right.

With dl option one, I reinstalled it from scratch, after some investigation, only early cannons don't have the fire at will ability, but early mortars do, very odd, also bayonets are not appearing on early units after research. But everything is fine with late units.