Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: TECHNICAL HELP & REPORTS THREAD [Bug Reports, Installation Problems, CTDs, etc...]

Default Re: Bug Reports & Technical help

Historical battles are not supported actually, i am surprised you could even start it! You should disable the mod (by renaming the user.empire_script.txt) if you want to play a historical battle

Ducenarius

Regarding Persia's artillery roster, the 5 Okke Abus howitz and 9 Okke Abus howitz do not have any "Firepower" value in actual combat. When viewing unit cards for them in Campaign map they appear to be useful but once you are fighting the battle, they fire their shells shells impact send troops flying and kill none. When checking their unit cards in battle, Firepower = 0 and Range very low in comparison as well.
    The scribes on all the people shove
    And bawl allegiance to the state,
    But they who love the greater love
    Lay down their life; they do not hate

For such a high profile mod, your Spanish units in the Americas have some pretty glaring errors. All of the units are listed with "Americano" at the beginning, such as "Americano infanteria de linea". If you're trying to say American line infantry it would "Infanteria de linea Americana" with the "american" adjective at the end and attention to the gender of the noun. line infantry, cavalry are going to be feminine, grenadiers masculine, etc...

My suggestion would be to make all of them "colonial". I think it sounds better IMO to a spanish speaker.

"Americano Infanteria de Linea" --> "Infanteria de Linea Colonial"

Or at the very minimum, just put the american adjective at the end.

Also, the barracks in Mexico and Florida both train "South American Militia". The barracks in the Caribbean train Caribbean militia so it's not an issue of being unspecific, it just seems really sloppy. The only cities that should train "South American Militia" are Bogota, Caracas, Paramaribo, and Cayenne. The rest of the regions are, as you know, in North America or the Caribbean.

Sometimes in a mod, it becomes evident that there's one faction that nobody really plays as much. I think that this is your case with Spain. With a mod that was so meticulous as to be changing city slots around, I question some of these decisions. If Hannover is 4 slots, then Brussels OR Milan OR Naples (all cities more major than Hannover) should also be 4 slots, for example. Caracas shouldn't have been demoted, Walloon infantry were actually raised in Brussels so I think that that's how it should be in the mod. If you want a Walloon Guard in Madrid, you should raise it in the Belgian barracks then move it to Spain. Ideally, you would have changes to the city slots as options with the installation.

On that note, the installation directions should probably mention that you don't have to delete all of your mods to play this one because you don't. You should mention that this mod is mod manager compatible. Because that's how I'm playing it.
    Last edited by Michael Vick; July 07, 2011 at 07:17 PM.

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

We had previously purchased and installed the Elite Americans and Elite West packs to ETW. I'm now looking to add the IS 2.1.4 mod to our Empire TW games on our LAN system. Can I install the IS mod with these packs inplace or do I have to remove them prior to installing the mod?

Can you guys fix the problem with the United States? The problem is that they have the worst techonology tree for their military. They can barely recruit anything in a governers military barracks, and only have the ability to recruit in a big barracks the lvl 6-7 one.

well, you can not actually play them, so there is no problem

How do we uninstall the mod and make the game work properlly?

there is a thread around called "uninstal" where it is all explained thoroughly.

Drought's Avatar Foederatus

Hi can someone help me out, I bought Empire total war for this mod, because i heard Emperial Total war is not good w/out this mod. I installed as the direction extract to ETW folder and place the script to the right place however when i start the game it goes to the splash screen which is the vanilla Empire totalwar after that it will automatically go to desktop without any error message. Did i miss anything? Btw does it require any version of ETW? thanks in advance

first off you need to have ETW patched up to date, which steam does automatically for you.

The crash you describe indicates that the database and media files for IS are not placed in the data directory of your ETW installation. Try removing the script and see if the vanilla game starts.
    The Splash screen will always be vanilla ETW - the mod logo appears only in the main menu.

My game keeps crashing while using the AUM.
    After loading for awhile it goes to the desktop saying Empire Total War has stopped working etc.
    I know its the AUM mod because I disabled the other ones and it worked.

here is my MDMP file

I would suggest you post this in the AUM thread then. I am afraid I cannot help you.

I did but I still haven't gotten a response. :/

Hermansen5's Avatar Foederatus

Alright, i have a bug with Denmark Campaign.
    And i am seriously to lazy to look through 39 pages.

When you build the 'Christiansborg Slot' you lose the ability to recruit General unit, at Copenhagen.
    I presume this is possible to fix with DBeditor, i just can't remember where in the pack.
    Any advice?

denkmark_units_buildings_allowed_table.

Nicely spotted.

im having a problem launching the game i extracted 2.1 data folder to empire data folder then moved the user script to the scripts location then extracted 2.14 data to empire data folder but still no luck anything im doing wrong??? Also could i use the mod manager instead?

what you do sounds quite right. Using the mod manager is ok as well, if you have the same order as the script file! (open it to see what I mean). Also make sure you play the latest version of ETW (steam auto patched)

Well its not launching ? also its steam updated so thats not the problem

just to clarify, you start the game using steam, get the usual ETW splash screen and crash just before the intro?

Did you install any other mod previously to this? Are you sure they are properly uninstalled? Are you sure the script is in the right folder and contains only the two lines delivered? (Mod manager may have changed this, if you started it)

I had darthmod installed but i uninstalled it and just to make sure all files were removed i deleted local content just to be sure, and i use steam to launch the game if im not using mod manager,also my scripts are in C:\Users\System User\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts