Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 16313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: TECHNICAL HELP & REPORTS THREAD [Bug Reports, Installation Problems, CTDs, etc...]

Default Re: TECHNICAL HELP & REPORTS THREAD [Bug Reports, Installation Problems, CTDs, etc...]

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    Ok, the missing portraits are bug, that is quite easy to fix. For the CTD did you recruit the unit "General of the Crown"?
    Sorry for the delay in replying your question.
    Yes, General of The Crown.
    About missing portraits bug, I managed to fix it by editing startpos.esf and change British culturepath to European, is that how you fix it ? but 2 out of 10 general will have same portraits possibilities.

Default Re: TECHNICAL HELP & REPORTS THREAD [Bug Reports, Installation Problems, CTDs, etc...]

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Yes, it has, but unfortunately, the issue is still be resolved. I have someone working on the problem now. There is no time table for when a quick fix would be available.

Thanks for your support.

Thanks for the reply. I just used editsf and set the value of the 2 techs that were causing the issue to 0. That seems to be the best quick fix.

thanks again for all your help.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by coalchambers View Post
    Sorry for the delay in replying your question.
    Yes, General of The Crown.
    About missing portraits bug, I managed to fix it by editing startpos.esf and change British culturepath to European, is that how you fix it ? but 2 out of 10 general will have same portraits possibilities.
    Weird I'm not getting a CTD when I try to move a "General of the Crown". Is this still the case for you?
    To the portraits, this not exactly how I fixed it and I even reworked a great part of the general portraits and their recruitment so that noone will get the same portrait. What I've made exactly will be part of the next big preview.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

When I use the Is launcher, only vanilla etw starts, and it also deletes all the pack files I previously copy to the data folder as advised in some instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    When I use the Is launcher, only vanilla etw starts, and it also deletes all the pack files I previously copy to the data folder as advised in some instructions.
    If you are using the IS Launcher, then the pack files should had been installed into an IS folder within the main data folder.
    If you used the installer, it should had placed the folder in this created folder.

If not, you can place your files directly into the main data folder. Create the user script as directed and then use the Empire.exe to launch the game.
    Before you do, make sure in the campaign folder there is a folder titled imperial_splendour

Let me know if you have problems.

Hello,

Im getting a ctd on the first splash screen of the game loading,after reading a bit of this thread its most likely script related?

Instructions were followed to the tee,but one thing i noticed is the script information you list here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tion-OPEN-BETA does not correspond to the .pack files in the 3 rar files.There a more .pack files than are on your list.

Could this be my problem?

Please help a noob

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    If you are using the IS Launcher, then the pack files should had been installed into an IS folder within the main data folder.
    If you used the installer, it should had placed the folder in this created folder.

If not, you can place your files directly into the main data folder. Create the user script as directed and then use the Empire.exe to launch the game.
    Before you do, make sure in the campaign folder there is a folder titled imperial_splendour

Let me know if you have problems.
    I made it work, thank you. Though I can't exactly when because I expected the IS logo on the first credits screen however it was always ETW, even when the mod works.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IS Pikes Empire Menu.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	179.6 KB 
ID:	323315

The IS Logo would appear on this screen, (minus my addition for the beta testing).

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before, but do frequent crashes during loading a saved game have something to do with this mod?

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before, but do frequent crashes during loading a saved game have something to do with this mod?
    Not necessarily. Most likely it's a bug which is already in vanilla ETW that was never fixed.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    Not necessarily. Most likely it's a bug which is already in vanilla ETW that was never fixed.
    I have never experience a crash loading a save game and I alter my save file to allow for 40unit armies. I will assume it may have something to do with the game itself.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I'm not a member of the Imperial Splendour modding team, but I have experienced frequent crashes when loading saved games. When this happened to me, I was using Darthmod (I don't think the problem is unique to that mod). I suspect the problem was that I loaded a saved game after selecting a different set of options on the launcher. Selecting different options would cause Darthmod to load different mod files automatically. I could be wrong - my theory is that, if we change the mods which we are using and load a saved game, then this sometimes 'breaks' the game, causing the save game corruption problem. After the problem happened once, the game often crashed when loading saved games. Uninstalling Darthmod did not fix the problem. Uninstalling the game and reinstalling it using Steam did not work either - the game still often crashed when loading saved games. Below is what did work to solve the problem:-

a solution for saved game corruption

- Find your scripts folder. On my PC, this is in: C:/Users/[my user name]/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Empire/scripts (this folder is hidden by default, so you might need to look up how to reveal hidden folders on your operating system). Open the folder. It should contain a preferences_empire_script.txt file.

- Make a copy of the preferences_empire_script.txt file and put that copy somewhere else in case you ever want to put it back (I never have, but it seems wise in principle to copy a file you are about to delete)

- Delete the preferences_empire_script.txt file

- Start the game normally; you don't need to replace the preferences_empire_script.txt file beforehand, because the game should automatically detect that you don't have a preferences file and should create a new one for you.

- Select your preferred options (e.g. no advice in battles)

- If you had previously edited your the preferences_empire_script.txt file to implement mods such as the developers battle camera, Bran Mac Born's Preferences Script Setting for better battle AI and You can't play in high? Here is solution, then you will need to edit the preferences script to add those settings.

- Start the game normally; you don't need to replace the preferences_empire_script.txt file beforehand, because the game should automatically detect that you don't have a preferences file and should create a new one for you.

I hope this works for you (if you have not already found a solution).
    Last edited by Alwyn; March 28, 2015 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    I'm not a member of the Imperial Splendour modding team, but I have experienced frequent crashes when loading saved games. When this happened to me, I was using Darthmod (I don't think the problem is unique to that mod). I suspect the problem was that I loaded a saved game after selecting a different set of options on the launcher. Selecting different options would cause Darthmod to load different mod files automatically. I could be wrong - my theory is that, if we change the mods which we are using and load a saved game, then this sometimes 'breaks' the game, causing the save game corruption problem. After the problem happened once, the game often crashed when loading saved games. Uninstalling Darthmod did not fix the problem. Uninstalling the game and reinstalling it using Steam did not work either - the game still often crashed when loading saved games. Below is what did work to solve the problem:-

a solution for saved game corruption

- Find your scripts folder. On my PC, this is in: C:/Users/[my user name]/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Empire/scripts (this folder is hidden by default, so you might need to look up how to reveal hidden folders on your operating system). Open the folder. It should contain a preferences_empire_script.txt file.

- Make a copy of the preferences_empire_script.txt file and put that copy somewhere else in case you ever want to put it back (I never have, but it seems wise in principle to copy a file you are about to delete)

- If you had previously edited your the preferences_empire_script.txt file to implement mods such as the developers battle camera, Bran Mac Born's Preferences Script Setting for better battle AI and You can't play in high? Here is solution, then you will need to edit the preferences script to add those settings.

I hope this works for you (if you have not already found a solution).
    Thanks I will try it out.

I am France, summer 1710 and my game always CTD's when the Pirates end their turn.

Protector's Avatar Senator

I read the last 22 pages here to find a solution for the "still vanilla game" problem as I have.

- I installed on a clean ETW the IS installer 2.2.1b + patch with all the new files for replacement
    - I checked all ten *.pack files from user.empire_script are definitely in my data folder

What I discovered:
    The start with IS launcher is deleting the script file and is also replacing all *.pack files back to IS folder. So I dont touch it and use the ETW launcher only and all files will keep its place.

What I dont know what to do to play IS ..

BTW I didnt understand how to save the script file as unicode ??? What does it mean and how to do that in case it will help...?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Protector View Post
    BTW I didnt understand how to save the script file as unicode ??? What does it mean and how to do that in case it will help...?!?
    I think that printscreen solves the problem. You have to use Notepad++, choose save as "user.empire_script", and then encoding.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bez tytułu.png  

Thx for reply,
    but my Notepad++ (v.6.7.5) does not show any "Unicode" file type.
    Maybe I am stupid, but I see there is a list by "save as" with about 50 different file types, but no one with the name Unicode. The only one which is listed there beginning with a 'U' is Unix.
    Last edited by Protector; March 31, 2015 at 03:15 PM.

Ok, user script for IS 2.2.1 in the attachment
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thx,
    but of course I already got the user.empire_script.txt file and pasted it to the right place as I descriped.
    And when I "save as" with Notepad++ there is no any Unicode listed, as mentioned.

I feel very stupid now, especially after about 80-100 mods I alread have played with Total War Games in the past till today. And now I cant get this one to work.

I also expect after so many experience with TW mods, that a mod installer will do its work properly and complete, without changing files afterwords e.t.c. to get at the end of the day still a vanilla version.
    Last edited by Protector; March 31, 2015 at 03:45 PM.

I checked. My version of Notepad ++ (6.1 compatible with Win 7 service pack 1) has this option, so I thought that later versions have it too.

I also had problems with 2.2.1. I deleted the launcher's files and put the pack files with the prefix "IS" in EmpireTotalWar/data, campaigns folder for 2.2.1 in EmpireTW /data/campaigns and of course user script in Username/AppData/Roaming/TheCreativeAssembly/Empire/scripts folder.