Page 35 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1025262728293031323334353637383940414243444560 ... LastLast

Thread: TECHNICAL HELP & REPORTS THREAD [Bug Reports, Installation Problems, CTDs, etc...]

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: TECHNICAL HELP & REPORTS THREAD [Bug Reports, Installation Problems, CTDs, etc...]

I'm not sure that decreasing graphic setting is enough.
    Some units use only lod1 instead of lod1/lod2/lod3/lod4 to optimize performance.
    This means that units alway use a highly detailed model, whatever the distance to camera is.
    Flikitos add lod4 to several models, but I'm not sure that all models have a true lod4.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Default Re: TECHNICAL HELP & REPORTS THREAD [Bug Reports, Installation Problems, CTDs, etc...]

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    In general the new unit models in IS are much more detailed than the vanilla ones so the only way is to lower your graphics settings in the etw settings
    Okay I thought that might be the case. I do not mind lowering settings to play this. Great mod. Thanks a bunch.

Foederatus

I just had an interesting issue with Prussia. I researched cannister shot, then in my next battle, cannister shot didn't appear in my artillery batteries command options. Any ideas?

There are two versions: 2.2.1b and Rise of the Republic (RotR)
    It is important to let us know which one. Thanks

Foederatus

2.2.1b.

When I log in to steam (after turning off/ logging out of my computer) and try to start IS through its launcher it does not load IS but instead loads vanilla. any help?

Quote Originally Posted by pgray57 View Post
    When I log in to steam (after turning off/ logging out of my computer) and try to start IS through its launcher it does not load IS but instead loads vanilla. any help?
    Oh, this is normal IS.

Oh, this is normal IS.
    Not RoTR

Quote Originally Posted by AustSaint View Post
    I just had an interesting issue with Prussia. I researched cannister shot, then in my next battle, cannister shot didn't appear in my artillery batteries command options. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by AustSaint View Post
    2.2.1b.
    I was not involved in this part of the project. There are issues like this with 2.2.1b that was resolved with Rise of the Republic. There is a plan to resolve this with the regular IS mod, but there was a shake up of the development team, so it is taking longer than we expected to publish an update. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Check to make sure user.empire_script is correct. It sometimes erases the information. If it does, save as "read only"

Let me know how it works out....

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Check to make sure user.empire_script is correct. It sometimes erases the information. If it does, save as "read only"

Let me know how it works out....
    Yeah its fixed now thx

do grenadiers no longer have grenades?

Hammy202's Avatar Foederatus

Hey all its not so much a ctd or anything like that its more of a nob computer question about installation. So how do I move the the :\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data\ISTo
    C:\document and setting\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts I'm trying to move it by right clicking but its just asking me to send it to zip file nay help would be good please

Hey guys, I recently downloaded the mod and gotta say great job with the naval combat, I actually am not horrible at it now! Anyways my problem is that Imperial Splendour does not seem to be working properly for me. After I downloaded it and finally got it working the other day things were going smooth. I went to start it up today and the logo isn't on the main menu. This may be the noob in me, but I am going to assume something went wrong in the span of two days. I went to appdata folder and such and I did find a file (xml document) outside the folders called custom keys empire. Would that have something to do with it? If so where the hell do I put it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy202 View Post
    Hey all its not so much a ctd or anything like that its more of a nob computer question about installation. So how do I move the the :\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data\ISTo
    C:\document and setting\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts I'm trying to move it by right clicking but its just asking me to send it to zip file nay help would be good please
    I do not know what files you are trying to move to the script folder but it should only be the script file and not the data files. Also, you should move the data files from the IS folder to the main data folder.

Quote Originally Posted by lilalex20 View Post
    Hey guys, I recently downloaded the mod and gotta say great job with the naval combat, I actually am not horrible at it now! Anyways my problem is that Imperial Splendour does not seem to be working properly for me. After I downloaded it and finally got it working the other day things were going smooth. I went to start it up today and the logo isn't on the main menu. This may be the noob in me, but I am going to assume something went wrong in the span of two days. I went to appdata folder and such and I did find a file (xml document) outside the folders called custom keys empire. Would that have something to do with it? If so where the hell do I put it?
    It could be the script file was erase,...Try this... goto the script file and save it as "read only."

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

no, make sure the user.empire_script.txt is in the right place (take a look at post 1). It's most likely related to this file.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    no, make sure the user.empire_script.txt is in the right place (take a look at post 1). It's most likely related to this file.
    It was in the right place last I checked. Wouldn't have gotten the mod running right the other day if it wasn't

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    I do not know what files you are trying to move to the script folder but it should only be the script file and not the data files. Also, you should move the data files from the IS folder to the main data folder.

It could be the script file was erase,...Try this... goto the script file and save it as "read only."
    I do think this is what happened, because I only the user.empire_script.txt from 2012 it seems, not the one that I had to download for this mod

IS needs its own script file, to tell the game what .pack files to load.

just make a new user.empire_script.txt that looks like this:
    Code:
    mod "Imperial Splendour 2_2 DB.pack";
    mod "Imperial Splendour 2_2 Media.pack";
    mod "IS_Horses.pack";
    mod "IS_sounds_musics.pack";
    mod "IS_Artillery.pack";
    mod "IS_britain.pack";
    mod "IS_Flags.pack";
    mod "IS_france.pack";
    mod "IS_mod_BSM_4_1_Medium.pack";
    mod "IS_mod_no_forts.pack";
    and put it in the scripts folder

make sure to save it as unicode

Hello there. I'm new to this mod. I played APE:TI and DM before. I'm using 2.2.1 version. I use some extra mod packs (Pike's Tactical Commander and Navy Adddition, Dogmeat's Tyrants and Patriots and Herr Doctor's New Loading Screens V1.3). My problem: it's very laggy at campaign map. I guess that's because enhanced grand campaign map (it looks different to me, like the one in DM). I didn't have too much problems while playing dartmod (Different map texture again). Is there any way to disable the different grand campaign map texture? I could play without problems on medium settings, ultra unit size, hdr and bsm (lite) on, even with darth's extra soldiers (not sieges of course). I tried lowering settings but they didn't help much. This lag issue only happens in grand campaign map (it's very laggy while moving mouse cursor to see other regions). Thanks for wasting your time reading this. Probably it's easy to fix, just me being dumb.

I decided it's not too much. I can bear that. But I tried a battle it was lagging sometimes when units run, engage in melee etc. Also units look 2D even in close ranges. Tyrants and patriots have lite smoke and blood, maybe this is making them. I played darthmod too and ultra units (300 men in 1 line of irfantry, can go up to 600 in mob group) on. I didn't have problems. But now I have lag issues with 180 men in line irf. regiment (almost half men) and same settings ( I used lite smoke in darth, and all medium except unit size, also hdr on).Why? I could play with more units, wasn't problem in DM. Now I use IS, lags happen even in medium sized battles. Maybe I did sth wrong?

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Well IS introduces much complex unit models than the vanilla ones which DM still uses. This can lead to lags in battles especially in 2.2.1b because in this version there aren't lod4 models (models much less complex for distant views). So you can lower the vegetation settings and see if this helps or reducing the unit size.
    For your campaign map issue I have sadly no solution.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop