Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: >>Download<< Imperial Splendour 2.1.4

Icon14 >>Download<< Imperial Splendour 2.1.4

version 2.1.4

Complete Overview can be found here

IS 2.1.4 Link

Summary Imperial Splendour 2.1.3 adds many features to Imperial Splendour 2.0. and even to 2.1b We are continuing to rework all the factions. A complete overhaul has been given to Spain, United Provinces, Prussia, Morocco, Italy and the Native Americans. Large revamps have met Prussia, the United Provinces, and Russia. Along with this, we are this time first including Reskins in the mod. As starters, we have Spain, the United Provinces, Morocco, Russia and Denmark reskinned

Features
    Main Features

• Reskinned and Reworked UP (Skins by Jarnomiedema)
    • Reskinned and Reworked Spain (Skins largely by HellFell)
    • Reskinned and Reworked Native Americans (Skins by CA)
    • Reskinned and Reworked Morocco (Skins by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar #)
    • Reskinned and Reworked Russia (Skins by HellFell)
    • Reworked Italy
    • Reworked Prussia
    • Minor rework and reskin of Persia (skins by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar #)
    • Naval combat completely overhauled
    • Many campaign map changes (buildings changed / added / removed)
    • Included cavalry standard bearers
    • Reworked Artillery for the United Provinces, Sweden, Denmark and Norway:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Artillery Revamp

Imperial Splendour 2.1 offers the first stage of an on-going Artillery Revamp, that will when finished encompass every nation in the game.

The factions completed for 2.1: The United Provinces, Denmark, Sweden, and Norway. The next faction group planned is Prussia and all minors associated with it.

What the Artillery Revamp entails is a lot of behind-the-scenes work that casual players may not even notice. What may be immediately noticeable, however, is that three artillery technologies (Standardization of Calibers, Professionalization of Artillery, and Liechtenstein Reforms) are no longer linked to buildings. This was necessary in order to remove them from/introduce new technologies for the factions that have received the revamp.

Another large aspect (besides the behind-the-scenes work that nobody except me really cares about) is that 2.1 and the Artillery Revamp is the first time that unit obsolescence through scripting has been a part of the mod. What this means is that as the player/faction researches a technology (in this case, Artillery techs) new units become available and old units become unavailable. Previously, this was accomplished only through buildings. Now, however, it is entirely possible to keep 17th-Century Cannons all the way through the game if you so desire.

Additionally, there has been a change to explosion graphics. Howitzers no longer cause that funny-looking fountain effect but rather are simple large explosions.
    Aside from this, we have many minor changes (from 2.1b level)

Units

• colonial and south American Militia and Russian life guard yegers model bug fixed
    • Russians troops now have Russian names
    • pirates limited to sloops, brigs, race-built galleons
    • the AI now properly recruits generals. They are available at all government buildings now.
    • cavalry spacing now in line with 1.5 changes to mob formation
    • fixed Swedish unit crash
    • prize money for ship cut in half

Other

• technology trading disabled to allow unique technologies
    • technology tables now proper again
    • more recruitment options in trading ports
    • fixed some recruitment areas (e.g. "Americas")

2.1.1 Changelog

• Fixed several bugs regarding northern artillery
    • Fixed some formation depths and unit spacing bugs
    • Fixed Maratha general bug
    • Fixed ship pricing for easy campaign Difficulty

2.1.2 Changelog

• Fixed issue regarding Minor Nations not receiving enough extra income. This was especially apparent with the Native American factions, who could not afford to recruit very many units.
    • Fixed ship pricing issue.
    • Fixed Native American ranges. They should be a little better now.
    • Fixed Native American generals costing too much upkeep.
    • Tweaked various Campaign Difficulty settings. There should now be more of a difference between them.

2.1.3 Changelog

• Added Bavaria, Saxony and Hannover as playable nations
    • updated Naval stats

• fixed Genoa crash
    • fixed several bugs regarding recruitability of guards (Britain and Denmark) and generals (persia)
    • fixed some small issues with swedish unit stats (andra guard and life brigade sharpshooters)
    • Fixed some mortars
    • Fixed pueblo Crash (hopefully)

• We now have an installer (thanks to Cinnead). It places the files where they belong. You can still do that manually though.
    • Polish units now have Polish Names (thanks to Dziupski)
    • Added nation description for Savoy

2.1.4 Changelog

• fixed missing Unit Name for United States Marine Corps
    • several Balancing changes for Maratha units and regions

Future Plans Planned are first revamps of the left factions. We have not yet reworked the minor German states, the caucasus states and Mysore. All of the artillery will be reworked as well, and we're looking to personalize navies for the various factions. High on the list are also a further rework of battle-mechanics and a revamp of the non-military game-play aspects.

Download and Installation

Gamefront combined (Mod + Patch) link

IS 2.1.4

Installation instructions
    DETAILED INSTALLATIONS INSTRUCTIONS

• Before starting, make sure you got a vanilla game and no traces of unsupported mods.
    • Download the last version of the mod and any other patch additional featured on the post:
      • IS 2.1
      • Patch 2.1.4

• Before verifying the integrity of game cache you need to:
      • Don't delete anything without knowing if the file is an ETW (vanilla) file or a mod.
      • Delete all mods inside C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data.
      • Now you are ready to verify integrity of game cache. Remember to take backup of your mods like Blood and Smoke ect. You can put them back in the data folder when you know you got Imperial Splendour working correctly.

• How to verify integrity of game cache:

Run Steam and right click on "Empire Total War" and select "Properties". Select the tab "Local Files" and click the "Verify integrity of game cache" option.

Installing the mod

1. Download the lastest version (& / or hot-fixes) of Imperial Splendour.

2. Use 7zip and open
    the compressed file or exe. You should see a folder called data and a file called user.empire-script.txt. Select the folder data and click "Extract" and point it to C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\ (You should not be asked to overwrite anything)

3. Locate
    C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data folder. Inside there you should now have 3 additional files to your vanilla files. They are called "Imperial Splendour DB.pack", "Imperial Splendour Media.pack" and "patch_is_text.pack".

Locate C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\ folder. Inside there you should now have a folder called "imperial_splendour". In addition to the vanilla folders listed in the spoiler. Inside the "imperial_splendour" folder there you should have 25 files including "scripting.lua" and "startpos.esf".
    Vanilla folders inside \data\campaigns folder:

episodic_1
    episodic_3
    episodic_5
    main
    main_2
    natives - if you got Warpath Expansion

5. Select the file user.empire-script.txt and click "Extract" and point it to C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User Name Here)\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts (The folder called Application Data may be hidden so go here to make it visible and if you haven't deleted user.empire-script.txt located in the script folder you may need to overwrite it.)

Now you are ready to play or you can add some optional files...

Optional: Blood and Smoke Mo

1. If you want to use the Blood and Smoke Mod for Imperial Splendour download that from here.

2. Open the zip you downloaded called "
    BSM for IS 2.x.rar". Unzip the content which is 5 file called "mod_BSM_4_Full - IS2.pack", "mod_BSM_4_Light - IS2.pack", "mod_BSM_4_Medium - IS2.pack", "mod_NoTrails.pack" and "read-me BSM for Imperial Splendour 2.04.txt" to your desktop or a place of your choosing.

3. Open
    "read-me BSM for Imperial Splendour 2.04.txt" and decide what version you would like to run. Then locate and copy/cut the file you choose into C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data

4. If you want to have a game where you do not see the trails of the bullets also copy/cut
    "mod_NoTrails.pack" into C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data

5. Once you have done that you need to go into
    C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User Name Here)\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts and open "user.empire-script.txt" with notepad and add this lines mod "mod_BSM_4_Light - IS2.pack"; and mod "mod_NoTrails.pack"; so it looks like this:
    user.empire-script.txt

mod "mod_NoTrails.pack";
    //Only if you actually use "NoTrails"
    mod "mod_BSM_4_Light - IS2.pack"; //If you are using Full or Medium replace with the correct filename
    mod "Imperial Splendour DB.pack";
    mod "Imperial Splendour Media.pack";

now close that file and save it. You are ready to play.

• The easiest way of knowing if the mod have been loaded is looking at the main menu screen: it will appear a title, "Imperial II Splendour", on the screen with the version just below to the right.

Credits The Imperial Splendour 2.0 Team

• Ahiga - Lead Creative Designer
    • The Vicar - Creative Designer and explosives expert
    • Lazy Knight - Administration and bugfixing
    • Dogmeat - FX, mod-architecture
    • gomer_pyle - artworks and mapping

Contributors

• HellFell: Russians, Spanish
    • Erasmus777: Danish
    • Sir Caesar: Moroccans, Persians Barbary Pirates, Hajduks, Hungarian Line, Grenzers, British Rangers, KTKG units
    • Danova/Ornamentum: Hungarian Hussars, Albanian Warriors (Bashi Bazouks), French Colonial Marines, Spanish Carabineros, Hungarian Grenadiers, Trabant Guard, Spanish Marines
    • Spanky: Proper Militia (used for our levy line grade troops & Minutemen)
    • Jarnomiedema: Dutch
    • ToonTotalWar Team: ToonTotalWar (Creator), gary, kave-In, Officerpuppy, Newman55f9, MorganH, Major, tiyafeh, carricanta, nigelnire:
      2nd Catalonians & British Royal American Line
    • Ottoman Total Realism Team: Cairo Janissaries & Sekban Janissaries
    • somerandomMinja: Cavalry Standards
    • Tariq: patch 2.1.3
    • If we have not listed you and you've contributed textures or models to the mod, please tell us.

thanks to our betatesters

• Gomer_Pyle
    • Cinnead
    • Bucefalo
    • Notees
    • Lucan
    • Society
    • Tariq
    • Erunion Telecontar (Betatesting and PR)

Special thanks to
    Quixote07, without whom none of this could have been possible.

Last edited by Lazy Knight; January 23, 2012 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Updating.

Default Re: Imperial Splendour 2.1 - Download

this thread was never intented to reach this forum closed So it is opened now for complaints or any kind of unnecessary posts!

A patch is online now.

Installation: Replace the Imperial Splendour DB.pack and patch_is_text.pack files with the ones from the archive

Changelog

• Fixed several bugs regarding northern artillery
    • Fixed some formation depths and unit spacing bugs
    • Fixed maratha general bug
    • Fixed ship pricing for easy campaign Difficulty

Its quite a poor patch changelog

EDIT: Link removed. Isabelxxx
    Last edited by Isabelxxx; March 20, 2010 at 07:43 PM.

nlovertoom's Avatar Tiro

Is this mod compatible with the large unit Darth Mod?? (I hope)
    "Every man dies, not every man really lives."

Erunion Telcontar's Avatar Senator

No and yes. It is not compatible with Darthmod, but there is an easy way to increase unit size to Darthmod levels, found here:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=232113

Have fun!

+Rep for anyone who can translate! (The above)
    Auta i lóme! Aurë entuluva!

Just wondering do the Arty fixes use projectile tables ?

If so maybe a Smoke and Blood 4 warning might be necessary as any1 using it would be overwriting the 2.1.1. patch.

Primicerius

any word on a DLC compatible version?

no, the arty fixes are only in the unit stats table. And the current version is DLC compatible

Where's that Imperial Splendour 2 desktop icon? I want it back!

Wait so 2.1.1 IS can run on 1.5/DLC/Vista?? or is that just to good to be true?

yes, IS 2.1 and 2.1.1 runs on every operation system and every 1.5 patched Version of ETW. No matter of warpath/DLC/SF owner or not.

and there never was a desktop Icon I'm afraid.

Patch 2.1.2 is now live.

Changelog and download are in the first post.

This is 100% savegame compatible.
    Last edited by The Vicar; October 24, 2009 at 05:27 AM.
    Every day takes figuring out all over again how to live.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vicar View Post
    Patch 2.1.2 is now live.

Changelog and download are in the first post.

This is 100% savegame compatible.

Thanks, Vicar. I just a simpler question: if I am just install the IS2.1, I just need patch 2.1.2 to update, Right?
    The key to problems is usually the ignition key

Yes. 2.1.2 includes all the changes from 2.1.1 as well.

Just to clarify completely: If I have ETW 1.5 DLC and no warpath I can install IS 2.1/2.1.2 and it will work?

Yes. Imperial Splendour works regardless of what DLC you have or have not purchased.

but will the DLC work too?

Just a quicky - whats with the bow ranges ?
    My line infantry got mullered by some indians with 250 range ICBMs - its in the is_projectiles_east (is_foot_bow_poor etc) - thats one hell of a pull of that string
    Also a lot of the musket ranges are a bit squwie.

i downloaded it, now when i hit open a new window comes up and then closes itself and brings me back to the box that says, open, save, cancel, what should i be doing, the guide doesn't say.....

I don't think I understand what you are saying ..

I'm guessing you should click "save" and then specify the location (desktop!) where you want the .RAR file saved.

You download IS (the .RAR file) and extract the contents of the .RAR file to the right places (see installation guide).

If I'm completely wrong with my assumption about your problem, feel free to add a screenshot to enlighten me

Greetings, Cinnead

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast