Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Installation Instructions, Technical Issues and Support

Default Re: Installation Instructions, Technical Issues and Support

What message did the game show before it crashed?

The message is-"Error:Filename doesn't exist:bi/NI/data/models_engine MTW_catapult.CAS.-"Error creating engine outlines".I hope that helps to find the problem..

I can only assume the file wasn't downloaded properly. What is the exact file size of the .rar file?

The Rar file is 311MB.When it opens is 622MB.And i have SP1 on my vista if that helps.

That sounds right.

Have you put the NI folder inside your BI directory, and now have a folder structure that goes like that: "Rome - Total War/bi/NI/data" ? And you have added " -mod:bi/ni" at the end of your shortcut's target line?

Breakthrough...I finaly did it..The problem was that i did not have NI folder incide the bi folder!!What i have done was to just copy-paste the data folder from the NI folder in bi data folder and merge the files but without having the whole NI folder incide the bi.!And i had write corect the lines in the shortcut.Do u thing that merging the files in data that will cause problems in the future.?About the game i just loaded my first campaign with the Normans and saw the map units and stuff.I did not play long i will do it now.I have to say from my point of view of course my opinion is that u guys did a great job..When i saw the Britania map and the armys i think about two words.Epic and Realism.And i belivied that the MTWK Britania map was the larger but yours are huge and biger.So thanks again for the instructions and for the help and keep up the good work dude.

Chances are that you have broken your BI now, the way you tried to install the mod, because NI files will have overwritten vanilla BI files, and any other mod using those vanilla files will now have parts of NI here and there (NI itself won't have any problems, obviously). I would suggest that you clean the bi/data folder completely and then re-install BI from scratch - and read the installation instructions of mods.

Glad you're liking the mod.

Hi guys.Aradan I want to post some might be bugs(Or its issues with my PC-You will tell me).!The first is the Baners-Logo of the rebels incide the circles there is not anything but for the English and other factions are all there.And the animation of the Norman Crossbowmen i don't think is the proper one and when they fire there are not arrows like the other archers to be seen.?And i want to ask u about the names of the towns of the English are kinda strange and i can't recognise anyone.!Are the names the English knows in that period or ancient or something.?For the Normans they are ok.Of course i like your mod a lot and i think its Awesome stuff i don't critikize or anything just some litle things i have see.

Keyser Soze's Avatar Domesticus

to Basil the Second, the names of settlements in England are from Old English language (Saxon). also names in Wales, Scotland are old versions.
    sorry my english.

None of that is a bug or a problem; the rebels don't have a particular symbol (they have one that looks empty), the crossbow animations are that of vanilla BI, as well as their projectiles, and the settlements have historically accurate names from that period.

Hi guys.I realy enjoy this mod and is one of my favorite but there are some of the things that i remember bugs or technical issues that i want to mention.The first.I am now at 1103.I have destroy and expel the Norman armys out of England a long time ago if i remember correctly at 1078.It was a challenge and it took me a lot,a lot of effort to do it.But it woth it.(If someone can tell my how to make pics so i can sow my progres of the game).Anyways i now invade Normandy and i took Rouen and Caen.But the problem was that it CTD-APP Crash when i wanted to play the segies personal so i took the automated way and i finish the segies.And when i tried again boom-CTD again and again.But i did not have an another Siege-CTD problem in Britania or Scotland or with the rebel provinces.It only hapend in Normandy and at the exact citys.The second.It randomly CTD two times in 1068-1069 when i was clicking the turns button.The third.Some times the spears of Flemish Spearmen just disapear and they fight with their hands and stuff.And the last thing.It occurs with the battles i fought with the Normans for the most part and some times happend,when i was wining the battle and all of the units are dead or rought the one or two enemy archers regiments that remaind keep runing like crazy and not retreat with the main army of theirs and i have all of my army to persuate the archers.And it was the time that i did not have cavalry suport so i kept runing and runing the hole army to destroy the archers how wont surender and the battle was lost for them.!So the time pass and it goes cowntown and i lose the battle but in reality i had won.These guys dont know when to surender.And imagine to have the battles with the infinity time option with no time.!It might took my ours to kill them or for ever.Cheers.

Flemish Spearmen: Problem known and fixed for 1.4
    Random end-turn CTDs: If they were not repetitive, that's ok, they do sometimes happen.
    CTD during sieges of Rouen and Caen: I cannot duplicate this on my installation. Can you upload a save-game?
    Archers not surrendering: Not much we can do about it, that's hardcoded RTW behaviour. Next time keep at least one cavalry unit as reserve in the army.

Now i have cavalry units on my armies but at the start of the English campaign u don't have Cavalry at all and you are -600000 so u can't create them or buy mercenarie cavalry.So u have to fight a lot of battles against the Normans without cavalry.But u already know that its your mod and stuff..Can u tell me how to take pics from the game and how to upload the save game.??

Keyser Soze's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Basil the Second View Post
    Now i have cavalry units on my armies but at the start of the English campaign u don't have Cavalry at all and you are -600000 so u can't create them or buy mercenarie cavalry.So u have to fight a lot of battles against the Normans without cavalry.But u already know that its your mod and stuff..Can u tell me how to take pics from the game and how to upload the save game.??
    English have many settlements, soon you will have some money...
    Saxons did not fight on horses. their nobles only come to the battlefield on horseback, but they fight on foot.

go here, download it and install http://www.fraps.com/download.php
    sorry my english.

Believe it or not now i have a +700.000 in the bank with a starting money of +25.000 in 1078(When i won the Normans and lose to many of my troops so i got from - money to + money) selings per turn and because of my armys-garisons and expenses in the citys i now have a 12.000 per turn.That fraps is for to make pics of games.?Am i right.?

Yes, you just run fraps alongside RTW and press a key to take pics in-game (they key can be manually assigned, but is f10 by default). In order to upload pics you can go to any host like www.imageshack.us and upload them and post here the link that you will be provided with once the upload if finished.

It might be out of topic but just don't u guys think i tell lies.

Why would we ever think that? There's no reason to lie about something like that.

Lots of money... Well, it's to be expected, if the English manage to push Normans off Britain, it's pretty much game over.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast