Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Spoils of War Mod 1.06 / Assimilation Script 1.1 / Limited Activities Script 1.04 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

Default Re: Spoils of War Mod 1.06 / Assimilation Script 1.1 / Limited Activities Script 1.04 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

Well, whatever you do, I'll put straight into RR/RC for TATW and SS. Very interested in Victory and Achievement mods.

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Default Re: Spoils of War Mod 1.06 / Assimilation Script 1.1 / Limited Activities Script 1.04 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

Some comments on trial+exile mod I was hoping to release last weekend...

As usual - can't expect anything good from this game - send_character_off_map causes immortality - a character is never treated as "totally dead" by game engine - 150 turns into a campaign and he's still a king while his grandchildren are dead... but maybe he died while his title didn't ... actually it can be used for some "eternal leader" mods in TATW or some other purposes (like "overseas governor" or smth).

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; March 02, 2010 at 04:43 PM.
    I have no memory of this place.

Can't you just kill him by command?

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

PB - there's been a discussion about this in mod workshop.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=330490

you need a name or label to use kill_character.

(I think you should be able to use e_select_character this format if you tie it to an event, but that may just shift the problem back a logical level.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    PB - there's been a discussion about this in mod workshop.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=330490

you need a name or label to use kill_character.

(I think you should be able to use e_select_character this format if you tie it to an event, but that may just shift the problem back a logical level.)
    Ah right yes you need a name or label.

@PB
    You got a PM containing a link to a version of this mod and an opinion request, it contains both mentioned commands.
    Edit: I just noticed there's a double "world" folder causing improper catalogue tree layout in the uploaded file.

@Roz
    You always need a name/label, e_select_character just marks a character and you're able to use "give_trait this blabla" etc. on it via script.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; March 03, 2010 at 05:03 PM.

Can you change the code to make it so you can't build anything when you conquer a settlement but you can destroy? When you raid an enemy's lands, you can't afford to hold the settlement till the next turn in order to destroy all the buildings.

You mean assimilation script code or raids seen in the preview?

I'm still tweaking raids, it's very likely there'll be some additional functionality.

Regards

I don't know what preview you mean, so I'm probably talking about the assimilation script. If I sneak an army behind the enemy's lines and I capture a castle, I want to sell every building in it and then withdraw. However, I can't do that, because the assimilation script prevents me from destroying buildings right after capturing a settlement. Because of this, I've deleted the assimilation script out of my SS RR/RC Compilation install, even though its other features were interesting. I don't mind not being able to change the tax rate or build something, but I want to be able to destroy buildings right after capturing a settlement. Even without the script, I didn't build anything or touch the tax rate on the first turn for the maintained realism.

I meant SS 7.0 Preview. Ok, I'll have a look at it, I can try some toying with toggling UI features.

Regards

If you cannot separate destroying from building, I think it would be better to remove that feature altogether. The player can just not build anything in the first turn, like I do.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345