Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spoils of War Mod 1.06 / Assimilation Script 1.1 / Limited Activities Script 1.04 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Assimilation Script 1.02 / Limited Activities Script 1.0 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

Conversion rate for Jerusalem might be fun - given that any time you could have jews, muslims, pagans, orthodox and catholic christians (of 57 varieties) in there at varying %ages
    (subject to mass slaughtering) some sort of conversion may have happened at any time in any direction. (ie christians who became mulsims, jews who became christians, etc etc.)

Overall I'd allow slow conversion of any population anywhere. The problem is that we can only have religious buildings of one religion at one time in settlements.

Might be an idea to de-couple religion to unrest or at least diminsh it. Or maybe make it depend on the traits of the govenor - someone who demolishes religious buildings causes unrest, someone who allows them to stand doesn't.

(Unrest can be minimised in 2 simple ways -eliminating opposing religions - by forceful conversion, expulsion or slaughter OR by religious tolerance.)

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Default Re: Assimilation Script 1.03 / Limited Activities Script 1.0 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

New Assimilation script is out. Adds higher turmoil if player's religion isn't popular in a conquered region, lowers conversion rates for capitals, Lithuania, TO. Sets almost 0 conversion rate to Jerusalem, Mecca, Medina, Rome, Baghdad and Constantinople. Should be fun.

@Rozanov
    I'll think about adding more functionality, governor-related turmoil sounds good... but then it'd pay to keep him away from a city.. hmm.
    I remember AI didn't handle multiple religious buildings in a settlement very well in RTW.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; October 14, 2009 at 12:54 PM.
    I have no memory of this place.

Default Re: Assimilation Script 1.03 / Limited Activities Script 1.0 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5 View Post
    This is a new thread in which I'll offer modifications intended to enhance gameplay, which affect campaign map more than battle.

Currently available Assimilation Script and Limited Activities Script

Assimilation Script Download: Here
    Details:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Application: Copy-paste to the bottom of campaign script file (just above wait_monitors command) or to the bottom of G5Script.txt (above wait_monitors as well) if you run stakes/reinforcements running via advisor button.

Compatibility: Any mod that uses the same strat map names as SS 6.1+ (that includes 6.2 RC4 and RR/RC).

The idea: Apart from the use of code that brings 0 search results on twc ...
    I intended to create a more challenging process of conquering provinces, so now upon capture of a settlement there'll be anything between 10-25% additional turmoil (to reflect the actual resistance people would make during first turns), followed by lower default religious conversion. That'll mean a garrison will need to stay a while longer and the populace won't find the switch so appealing.

The fun part is that I can add individual religion conversion rates for all settlements on the map, which gives us an opportunity to reflect how (non)conservative a certain populace is.

The last feature is that a player can't build/repair/retrain anything in a settlement during 1st turn after conquering it - which reflects the actual time to establish new administration in a conquered province.

Conversion rates lowered/turmoil added for original capitals, conversion rates almost nullified for great religious centres. Lithuania and TO territories have lower conversion rates too.

Limited Activities Script Download: Here
    Details:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Application: Copy-paste to the bottom of campaign script file (just above wait_monitors command) or to the bottom of G5Script.txt (above wait_monitors as well) if you run stakes/reinforcements running via advisor button.

Compatibility: Any mod that uses the same strat map names as SS 6.1+ (that includes 6.2 RC4 and RR/RC).
    The idea: It was requested by PB as reflection of "house rules" he plays with. If there's no governor in a settlement during a turn a player can't perform such activities as building/recruitment/repairing/retraining. The only options left are changing tax rate and auto-management.
    Important: If a governor reaches a settlement during player's turn, you can enable building etc. by pressing building advice button.

I hope you enjoy using them.

Regards
    These are great! Is the assimilation script for both late and early era, because of the change of the 2 region names in late era (Palanga, Mystras, Konigsberg etc whatever it is). Can you do one for Late and Early Era? Like I said I'm kinda burned out, and if I do it myself, I'll mess it up. Then I'll include in next hotfix for all campaigns.

Really like the 'Limited Activities' script too, this is some great stuff.
    Last edited by Point Blank; October 15, 2009 at 09:54 AM.

Cool, nice to hear you liked it, I've always been a fan of complicating player's life.

Ad. names - I forgot about that, fortunately it's just Konigsberg-Palanga and Mystras-Corinth transformation. Strangely it doesn't generate errors, which means I can get away with posting one version for all big map campaigns.

If there's demand I'll make a combined version of both scripts.

I can't focus on one thing now, currently I'm testing siege/ladders, testing HA fix script, extending limited activities script, writing "stakes off for player in siege" (it'll be a bit brutal -turning off formation etc orders too, but it still is a very good solution), getting dizzy a bit, will try to alter Assimilation script asap.

Regards

Have a donut, that usually helps when U are feeling dizzy

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Germanicu5,
    I like the idea of both of these scripts and they make common sense. I am 40 turns into a 6.2 RR/RC campaign, can I add these scripts and have immediate effect?

Also, what are your thoughts about being able to recruit a Governor as a unit for a settlement, like in RS? I don't like having to use my General's to supervise my settlements, they need to be fighting the enemy!s

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Ducenarius

These script only affects human factions or affect AI too?

@Navajo Joe
    You can add assimilation script to G5Script.txt (for instance at the bottom, just above wait_monitors) if you use my AI with new stakes and it'll have immediate effect, adding limited activities script is also ok, but you it won't start up until you attack someone (and will run until you reload). If you don't use October release of ReallyBadAI, you can download it and edit G5script.txt, so that it only contains asimilation script, just remember to put "script" on top of the file and "wait_monitors" and "end_script" in separate lines below assimilation script code... and don't tell Germanicu5 I told you to do so .

I think recruiting governors would somehow nullify effects of limited activities script.

@Andrew1994
    Both scripts affect human factions only, AI wouldn't handle such complications that well (it could perhaps handle turmoil though).
    Now a little quiz:
    Who thinks adding turmoil to AI settlements would force it to keep bigger garrisons in towns?
    I'm putting that high on my to-do list (ye... approx on 6th place now ).

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; October 15, 2009 at 12:27 PM.

Default Re: Assimilation Script 1.04 / Limited Activities Script 1.0 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

I made a common version of Assimilation script for all big map campaigns, it doesn't produce errors etc - 2 monitors will just be inactive depending on chosen campaign.

@PB
    I'm also attaching separate versions.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; October 16, 2009 at 09:58 AM.

Default Re: Assimilation Script 1.04 / Limited Activities Script 1.0 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

Nice one, they will go in next hotfix (ie today or tomorrow )

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Who thinks adding turmoil to AI settlements would force it to keep bigger garrisons in towns?
    if that was the case it wouldn't lose so many to revolts.

the AI does try to respond but if the problem is religious discord, it'll try to build religious buildings, recruit priests etc.
    Or it'll send in a general (whatever his traits) - so they can make matters worse.

It rarely seems to want to use troops for keeping the population in check - troops is for fighting not policing it seems.

@Rozanov

Not that I wasn't sceptical myself, but the turmoil the script generates is non-religious type, hence my shade of hope. Although I also think AI isn't likely at all to manage unrest with troops.

Regards

Right, Assimilation script is in next hotfix, and Limited Activities script in BGR campaign files only.

Hmm... since they're separated, how about I add a condition that lauches "building off" on settlement capture for LA script? 1 hour max, I already have the code.

Regards

P.S. Ofc thx for including it.
    Last edited by Germanicu5; October 16, 2009 at 05:29 AM.

Will that just last for that one turn if you have a general/governor there?

I've found an issue with turmoil and commands off, it needs a closer look, turmoil doesn't always add up. I identified possible source, but it'll take more than 10 mins that are left from 1 hour .

Assimilation script 1.1 with corrected turmoil adding mechanism is ready.

@PB
    I think that at this point Assimilation script introduces more to gameplay than Limited Activities script, so you can include it for both regular and BGRIV release imo.

Regards

Default Re: Assimilation Script 1.1 / Limited Activities Script 1.0 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

I don't understand if is compatible with the latest RR/RC release.

Default Re: Assimilation Script 1.1 / Limited Activities Script 1.0 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

It's compatible, but needs campaign restart if you copy-paste Assimilation script to campaign script file, it works immediately if you paste it to G5Script.txt. Just follow instructions from 1st post.

Regards

Default Re: Assimilation Script 1.1 / Limited Activities Script 1.02 ### SS6.1+ compatible ###

Updated Limited Activities script is out, see 1st post for download.
    Note: Taxes can't be changed when governor is out of city unless you let AI control them.

I'll post combined Assimilation-Limited Activities script tommorow.

Regards

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast