Citizen

Default Novgorod and Sweden sub-mod

Features
    green= ready to go
    blue= partially or mostly finished
    red= haven't started on it yet

- Adds Novgorod to custom battles (this part is ready) and Grand Campaign
    - Adds Sweden to custom battles and Grand Campaign
    - Changes the campaign so that the Americas is discovered just like in the vanilla game
    - Does NOT remove any factions from the game, just adds 2 new ones
    - OPTIONAL: Real Combat 1.8
    - Timurid Invasion
    - Americas will be discovered as in Vanilla Medieval 2
    - Add William Wallace to the campaign
    - Rebels are more accurate and have realistic garrisons

Beta 0.1 Out Now!
    Part 1: Link
    Part 2: Link

Installation
    1. Dowload both Part 1 and Part 2.
    2. Extract the "data" folder in each download (for example: part 1/data) to your KGCM folder (ex C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod) and click "yes" when asked to overwrite (WARNING: MAY NOT BE SAVE GAME COMPATIBLE!)
    3. (optional). Instead of installing to "C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod", I would suggest making a new folder and installing both parts there (and then copy the "packs" and "preferences" folders from the original folder to the new folder you just made). It will take a quite a bit of more room on your hard drive, but it'll let you continue your campaign and see what this mod has.
    4. Enjoy!

If there are any issues installing this mod, just pm me and I'll help you out.

Bugs
    1. Campaign does not work as of yet. I think it's because I have to add Novgorod to the campaign before it works. I'll try and get that done as soon as possible.

(Note: both factions will be added to the campaign in the future. Also, this mod uses a different custom battle menu set up. It allows you to have up to 30! factions available in custom battles instead of the usual 21. Same idea with the campaign menu)

Pics
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; November 11, 2009 at 08:17 AM.

Default Re: Help with a sub-mod (adds Apache and Saxons)

Hold on there buddy, I might already be working on this

If I can add an extra faction, this is one I would love to bring to KGCM.

Dave

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

The Apaches or Saxons? I would like the Apaches more because they would add a challenge to the Aztec's Homeland.

what part of adding them in are you stuck on ?? would it be by chance the sd files to get the symbol into the game ?? thats a fairly tricky one and alot of work to get 31 factions in i cant see the rest posing to great trouble specially if its just for custom battles to start with . Ofcourse you realise to add the apachians in you will need to thin down the edu as KGCM sits at 500 units now the max so have you thined this down some yet ?

I believe you might enjoy daves new master piece he is cooking as i believe (not totally sure ) it will feature the apachians in it

As for challenge to the aztecs after 4.2 arises ill be adding in a submod that will have the old world invading the new , it will make it interesting for an aztec human player you will be swimming in spanish french and finally english staggered in time to simulate the discovery and controling of those darn sun god worshippers. Its a shame some factors are hard codded i would like to see about 700 unit types and 35 to 40 factions in game lol sweet dreams but hardcodded dreams end LOL
    Last edited by Soul Firez; October 11, 2009 at 12:44 PM.

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Citizen

My original plan was to just copy the Apaches from the Americas campaign to this mod. I only put the Apaches in the descr_sm_faction.txt and changed all normans to Apache to match it in the expanded.txt int the text folder. I know not to change the Normans in the {}, but since it has "apache" as an entry in the descr_sm_faction.txt and not "Normans", I thought that I do have to change the Normans in the {} to Apache as well. I keep getting a CTD when I load the game even though I did not add anything to the EDU or the battle_models.modeldb as of yet.

BTW, will there be a preview of 4.2 before it's released?

nope you dont need to changhe that in the {} as you will see spain is castile in game so display name is all you need to say apachians but your going to need more than that to add them in as faction have you put anything in descr_strat in regards to them or any of the other text files?? oh and silly question i do assume you deleted the string bin version of the expanded text so the game could rebuild with your new data yes???

Citizen

nope you dont need to changhe that in the {} as you will see spain is castile in game so display name is all you need to say apachians
    I know about the display name, but I'm adding a completely new faction. I'm starting from scratch as in not converting the Normans to Apache.

i do assume you deleted the string bin version of the expanded text so the game could rebuild with your new data yes???
    I did not know I had to do this. I'm new to this "adding a faction" thing.

yeah in the text file any changes you make you must delete the string bin version of the file so the game can rebuild it problem one solved( it will be the cause of your crash to )

Citizen

Default Re: Help with a sub-mod (adds Apache and Novgorod)

Hey, I was thinking instead of adding the Saxons, maybe I can add the Republic of Novgorod from the Teutonic campaign. It would make an interesting (well, more interesting) campaign for the Kievan Rus, Lithuania, and (of course) the Teutonic Order. This may be more reasonable than Saxons because they have pretty much the same roster as Kievan Rus so I won't have to take away many if any units that are currently in the game. I'll test this for custom battles first and go from there.

Citizen

Littile update: I have successfully added Novgorod to custom battles (still getting all of the unit models in the game) but I have a problem. For some reason, they don't speak. I can't get them to sound like the Russians or talk for that matter. Any suggestions?

Btw, I know to take a screenshot in battle, but how do you take one in the main menu and where does it (the picture) go to. I pressed Print Screen (the button I use to take screenshots), quit the game, and looked in Medieval II Total War\tgas and the pictures aren't there.

the mod work shop would be the best place for you to look for such things as going down the list to find what you have and havent done to get voices in will take forever there are some great tuts on how to add factions that go as far as covering accents etc

I wish you luck and sorry i dont have the time these days to write a tut on how to do it (nor am i very good at explaining modding to other people LOL)

Who is being removed from your game to make room for these new factions? I am certainly in favorite of Novgorad over Wales (but NOT Antioch) for the following reasons:

1. The British Isles are crowded enough already. The many "minor" settlements from the Britannia campaign that made Wales a viable faction simply aren't present in the grand campaign game due to the limitation on regions.

2. There aren't very many Orthodox factions in the game...Byzantium and Kievan Rus. Novgorod would help balance things out.

3. The Baltic Sea area and particuarly the regions of Northern Russia have a lot of "room for action". Novgorad would definitely provide some excitement to the region with the pagan lithuanians, catholic Teutons and Poles, and possible even the Mongols.

4. The Mongols...I believe might benefit from the inclusion of an additional Russian faction. In nearly every one of my games, they overrun Kiev fairly early on, as well as the Crimea and all of the "remote eastern provinces". They have yet to capture Novgorod and Northern Russia though. What if they didn't feel "compelled" to do so, but continued past Kiev into Poland and Hungary as they did historically?

As I said earlier, I am not in favor of removing Antioch from the game. The "Byzantine/Turkish/Antioch" triangle in the Asia Minor area is one of the main reasons I play this mod over others. Removing a Catholic faction from the region would make it far less interesting. Simply adding Antioch's current holdings to the Jerusalem faction for a united "crusader kingdom" hasn't worked so well in other mods, as the KOJ invariably gets into major war with Egypt immediately, allowing the Turks to focus all their attentions on the beleaguered Byzantines. Remember that the Turkish faction represented in the timeframe of our mod is the Seljuk Turks, not the later Ottomans who overran the entire east. Both the Seljuk Sultanate of Rum (the Iconium area) and the Great Seljuk Sultanate (Baghdad based) are represented by the single "Turk" faction. Another reason to keep Antioch is that (so far in my games) the newly-converted-to Islam Mongols have not shown any interest in attacking their "new spiritual brothers" the Turks through Georgia and Armenia, as the formerly pagan Mongols always seemed to do.
    Last edited by Darviathar; October 16, 2009 at 04:37 PM.

Citizen

Actually, Novgorod can be added without removing anything! That's right, nothing was replaced when I added Novgorod. No units, no factions, nothing. This will pretty much complete the Grand Campaign, Crusades, Teutonic, and Britannia mix. There is room for one more faction and I think I'll add the Apache (just because I want some Native Americans in the mod).

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Here are two pics I took of Novgorod in a custom battle (in the Kingdoms Mod):

Default Re: Novgorod and Apache sub-mod (Novgorod works in custom battles now)

How are you adding new factions without removing anyone? I thought we were at the "cap limit" already?

Citizen

Nope, I found out that the faction count is currently at 29. That means two new factions can be added without removing anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Nope, I found out that the faction count is currently at 29. That means two new factions can be added without removing anyone.

I'm almost sure the Timurids were removed to make room for Wales....Are you sure about this

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Yes 31 playable factions is possible.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

I like Wales (i tried england a few days ago and was a nice challenge in that small island).
    This 29 factions is about custom battles or grand campaing? I dont understand this thing of adding faction. Only thing that i know is mark factions how playable or not! heheh

If someone put Novogorod in the campaing is trully necessary remove a faction of the whole campaing? or only a playable faction? I said this because in the select faction screen dont have more space for a additional faction...

Citizen

@ Darviathar No faction will be removed. Timurids did NOT replace Wales in this mod. There was another sub-mod that did replace the Timurids with Wales, but both are included in this mod.

@ Eddie123 This mod is for both the campaign and custom battles (custom battles first just to test the two new factions). I am NOT going to remove any factions. This mod has not reached it's faction limit yet. I'm just simply filling up the spaces.

Citizen

Beta 0.1 is will be uploaded in two parts soon. It allows you to play as Novgorod in custom battles just to show it was added without removing anyone.
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; October 17, 2009 at 03:32 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast