Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ROMANIA TOTAL WAR ! BETA VERSION OUT !!!

Praepositus

Default Re: ROMANIA TOTAL WAR ! BETA VERSION OUT !!!

Quote Originally Posted by vadik15 View Post
    jo the greek DUDE !! what have my mod similar whit greek mode ????
    That is unrealistic in term of historical relativness

vadik_1st's Avatar Tiro

hmmmmmmmmm ...... if u want to help us to be historical i will be glad..

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Quote Originally Posted by jo the greek View Post
    I know that site but you are not going to make a realistic mode just something similar with Greek Mode

disappointed i would appreciated more a mode with the local traditional troops of the Area and maybe a little of line troops if can be based historically .
    From an other mode that is out of era .
    Huh? How is this any similar to the Greek Mod?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

vadik_1st's Avatar Tiro

Basileos Leandros I yea i said so .... nothing comun

mircea's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by jo the greek View Post
    That is unrealistic in term of historical relativness
    Probably it is, but at the same time you should take in consideration the fact that up until now, the mod is only in beta stage. The further releases will hopefully be more realistic (or at least as much the engine permits).

vadik_1st's Avatar Tiro

mircea +1

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Cool idea, I once thought at that, too, but was to lazy to do it.

The units are a bit too unrealistic, I think. Too Western. Some units like Boyar Guard, Plăieşi, Viteji, Roşiori, Călăraşi, Pandurii lui Vladimirescu, etc. would be better. And with Turkish/Russian/Indain textures, if you can't make new ones. You can try contacting maxmazi, a good Romanian texturer on this site, or just d-load Gimp (if you don't own Photoshop) and start making them on your own.
    [Col] RO Citizen

BALKAN MOD for Napoleon has been released introducing Romania, Moldavia, Serbia and Croatia.

mircea's Avatar Biarchus

The presence of a large number of aggressive states on the borders of Principality of Moldova affcted profoundly the army of the state The Moldavian army presented traditional Romanian characteristics combined with Western as well as strong Balkan/Ottoman influences.

The main military categories of the army were:

Boierii Mazilii - lower and medium boyars (nobles), they were convoked by the prince in time of danger, thus lacking in military skill and experience. The were well armed medium-heavy cavalry.
    Curtenii - lower boyars, below Boierii Mazilii, they were small functionaries in local and central administration and for centuries formed the backbone of the standing army, but in this epoch, excessive fiscality eroded the role and number of curteni. They were seasoned medium cavalrymen armed with swords and bows.
    Călăraşii- free peasants, tasked with supervising and protecting the borders in time of peace, they served on horse in wartime. Well seasoned in the many clashes with Tatar and Ottoman raiders, they were a redutable light cavalry force, armed with lances, curved sowrds.
    Dorobanţii (Dărăbanii) were the counterparts of Calarasi, but unlike the former, they served on foot. They formed the main infantry body of the army and were armed with guns and cold weapons (swords probably) and dressed in red uniforms.
    Străjerii (Plăieşii in Wallachia) in exchange for fiscal privileges they defended the forts, castles and mountain passes on the western mountain border. Armed with bows, arquebuses or muskets, they fought on foot as light/skirmish infantry, had a very good knowledge of the mountain and forested territory
    Vânătorii de Neamţ - they were tasked with protecting the Neamt Castle and the surrounding area. Armed with arquebuses or musket, they fought on foot as elite light/skirmish infantry, had a very good knowledge of the mountain and forested territory
    Vânătorii de Curte (Domneşti) first mentioned in the beginning of XVIII century(ante 1714), serving in the guard corps of the prince as guard infantry, from the second part of the century, they are mentioned as guard cavalry (Vânătorii Calare). Considered elite troops, they were dressed in highly decorated red colored uniforms, being armed with firearms
    Fustaşii(or Suliţaşii) appear at the end of XVII century and beginning of XVIII century, were a part of principal guard, armed with long spears.
    Copii de Casă (Icioglanii or Paici/squire) founded at the end of XVII century as a noblemen royal guard, by the middle of the century it becomes the personal guard of the prince in wartime.
    Panţirii - first attested in 1728-1729, first as infantry, later (after 1737) as cavalry. Equipped with long chain mail, metal helmet, bows of firearms, were very effective against Tatars.
    Joimiri rosii - founded after 1726 as guard cavalry, had a red bonnet and red clothes.
    Slujitorii - created in mid XVIII century, they served as light cavalry on permanent basis, in weekly shifts. By the end of XVIII they become one of the largest cavalry corps in the army

Mercenaries (Lefegii)
    Seimenii - mercenaries recruited from Balkan Christian people(Serbs, Greeks, Bulgarians etc) starting with mid XVII century. They were armed with firearms and fought both on foot (Seimenii ageşti) or on horse (Seimenii hătmaneşti and hăneşti).
    Drăgani - mercenaries armed like Western Dragoons
    Cazacii - Cossack light cavalry
    Arnăuţii - Albanian mercenaries, appear after 1741 as separate military category. They were used at the court (as guard cavalry, later also guard infantry) as well as garrisons in large towns and fortifications. Thez were armed with good quality firearms.

vadik_1st's Avatar Tiro

mircea thx a lot for your help we .. will add this information . but not now.. becouse our main modder ( husserlTW) its a little bit bussy right now . whit napoleon total war

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

+rep, Mircea

Does anyone know if you can change the capital of a region? Wallachia with Sofia as capotal would be bad..
    [Col] RO Citizen

I read somewhere that Moldavia and Wallachia used janissary like infantry as prince's guards.Is it true?

vadik_1st's Avatar Tiro

D.Sebastian hmmm well i cold be possible.. becouse moldova and wallachia was under the fanariot regim and i cold be possible .. but we are makeing a mode whit out fanariot regim

Sir.Cojocarius's Avatar Civis

How is the mod going? I downloaded the beta and its awesome just some minor issues. The religion catholism and after Dimitrie dies a french king gets in charge
    I love to play as your own is a special feeling so thanks for this beta but please dont leave this mod untouched and finish it thanks
    PS: Yeah the regions you have to capture is a little bit wierd cauze youi pretty much have to go to war with many of your allies
    Please note this is my first reply ever on a thread I simply made an account here to see how it goes with this mod

vadik_1st's Avatar Tiro

vadik_1st's Avatar Tiro

Sir.Cojocarius acctualy in moldova was and is religion Orthodox since..... 14** so its not un issue
    Last edited by vadik_1st; April 20, 2010 at 11:43 AM.

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Sir.Cojocarius acctualy in moldova was and is religion catholism since..... 14** so its not un issue
    Orthodoxy all day.

vadik_1st's Avatar Tiro

ShockBlast sorry my bad i think i was drunk when i wrote that ps : i am from moldova ))

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

ShockBlast sorry my bad i think i was drunk when i wrote that ps : i am from moldova ))
    Mistakes happen bro,no problem.

Zack-Stefy's Avatar Decanus

sincer, probabil ca trebuie sa schimbi culorile de la Free people original name : Grenzers (Austria) ..probabil alb cu galben, sau cu putin rosu KLA (King Louise Assurbanibal) se descurca foarte bine la facut skinuri pt RTW si ETW

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast