Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ROMANIA TOTAL WAR ! BETA VERSION OUT !!!

Darkhorse's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Request, Moldova to be created as playable Faction - Research provided

Leader and General Idea's

(obviously not all will be generals, and this is for both Moldova and Wallachia)

Stefan Cel Mare, the most famous man in Moldova apparently, I'm English so I don't know. But he was dead by 1600 so its up to the masses if you want to see him or not.
    Mihai Viteazu
    Alexandru ion Cuza
    Basarab the 1st (A Moldavian ruler of Wallachia)
    Gheorghe Duca
    Constantin Cantemir
    Dimitrie Cantemir
    Nicolae Mavrocordat
    Grigore II Ghica
    Constantin Mavrocordat
    Grigore III Ghica
    Constantin Ipsilanti
    Ioan Sandu Sturdza
    Mihail Sturdza

I hope you can all read foreign!

I see there are 4 reoccurring family names there. It might be good to have a monarchy to start with in Moldova and have one of those families as the kings. Then, the other famous people can be generals, but not in the royal family. How does that sound everyone?

Same applies for Wallachia, a ruling family, others as general.

Default Re: Request, Moldova to be created as playable Faction - Research provided

Vadik, copy the following into the top post please. Its everything we have decided on or researched so far. I'll edit this post out after. Don't have to look through the whole thread to find everything We should keep that first post updated.

Proposal.

1) Create the Principality of Moldova, a 2 or 3 city/town playable faction. Capital Iasi. - for the 1st release.

2) Take what is Romanian land from Bulgaria, and give to Wallachia, another created faction, (the Duchy of Wallachia?) A smaller playable faction. Capital Bucharest.

3) Create Transylvania, a 1 region minor faction. (Fiefdom/Principality of Transylvania? (Where the faction leader should be Count Dracula!!!! )) Based off of Hungary. Capital Sighişoara (hopefully a citadel)

4) Allow the 3 factions to unite and become Romania under pre-set, to be decided conditions. Capital, Bucharest.

The factions will each have some unique units. But will be based on other local factions, primarily Hungary and Russia. We would like to change the music and voices.

TEAM

2d moders : 1:vadik15 (Another needed)
    3d moders: 0 ( looking for one ! )
    sound artist:0 ( looking for one ! )
    Researcher:2: Darkhorse ,vadik15

Diplomacy

We intend to make Hungary and Austria allies of Moldova until Wallachia is added. Once Wallachia is included, only the 2 factions and Hungary will be allied. Primary enemies will hopefully be Russia and the Ottomans. Who will reign supreme in the battle for control of the Black Sea States!

History of Moldavia for faction description.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Moldavia

The City he'd like to have as the nations capital. With a map for other towns and regions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chisinau

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

A collection of flags for faction flags and unit banners.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_an...ms_of_Moldavia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Moldova

Uniforms.

More uniforms can be found here. (Translated into English)

http://www.6dorobanti.ro/archive.php?id=3&language=en

Insignia

For some reason, 2 of the flags wont embed. Link is provided.

Credit for this research can go to Vadik, he found it, I just put it all together and added a few things.

Leader and General Idea's

(obviously not all will be generals, and this is for both Moldova and Wallachia)

Stefan Cel Mare, the most famous man in Moldova apparently, I'm English so I don't know. But he was dead by 1600 so its up to the masses if you want to see him or not.
    Mihai Viteazu
    Alexandru ion Cuza
    Basarab the 1st (A Moldavian ruler of Wallachia)
    Gheorghe Duca
    Constantin Cantemir
    Dimitrie Cantemir
    Nicolae Mavrocordat
    Grigore II Ghica
    Constantin Mavrocordat
    Grigore III Ghica
    Constantin Ipsilanti
    Ioan Sandu Sturdza
    Mihail Sturdza

I hope you can all read foreign!

I see there are 4 reoccurring family names there. It might be good to have a monarchy to start with in Moldova and have one of those families as the kings. Then, the other famous people can be generals, but not in the royal family. How does that sound everyone?

Same applies for Wallachia, a ruling family, others as general.

1. Examples of accent ... music

Spoiler for click here

Units.

Moldova only.

Spoiler for Calarasi

Spoiler for moldavian haiduks

3.Boieri (BODYGUARDS)

4.Munteni (infantry)
    5.Dorobanti (riflemen)
    6.haiduks
    7.Cossacks

mircea's Avatar Biarchus

I think that making Principatul Moldovei as a playable faction is a priority. As far as I know, currently, the map is unmodable, so the second Danubian principality can be created only later.

So, a few historical infos/suggestions about Principatul Moldovei

1. the map should include the territory between Carpathian Mts. and Dnister(Nistru) with the main cities (and capital) at Iasi (c.30,000 people), Suceava (former capital), Galati (main port) and Chisinau.

2. Moldavia, as well as the sister principality of Wallachia were tributary (protectorates) states towards Ottoman Empire, but very often, the princes had their own diplomatic agenda, which sometimes was against their suzerain (eg. Dimitrie Cantemir fought allied with Russia against Turkey; Constantin Brancoveanu fought against Hapsburgs, and was ready to fight against Turks allied with Russia and with his former rival, Dimitrie Cantemir) As such, Moldavia should be at start a protectorate of Ottoman Turkey, but with very good relations with Poland and Russia (and probably Hapsburgs)

3. Ruler - Antioh Cantemir (?-1726), heir - Dimitrie Cantemir (1673-1723)
    Generals - Ioan Neculce, Hetman Bogdan Lupu, Vornic Nicolae Costin, Maxut (serdar), Antiohie Jora
    Boyars- Mihai Racovita, Lupu Costachi, Vasile Costache, (visternic) Iordache Ruset, (spatar) Ilie Enache-Tifescu, Nicolae Costin,

4. Among the units textures that could be used are those of Cossacks (both cavalry and infantry), pandours, Kalmuks (light archers cavalry)

vadik_1st's Avatar Tiro

Today is The day Of Chisinau ! foundet in 1436 now he have 573 years !

Happy BirDay !!!

vadik_1st's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by mircea View Post
    I think that making Principatul Moldovei as a playable faction is a priority. As far as I know, currently, the map is unmodable, so the second Danubian principality can be created only later.

So, a few historical infos/suggestions about Principatul Moldovei

1. the map should include the territory between Carpathian Mts. and Dnister(Nistru) with the main cities (and capital) at Iasi (c.30,000 people), Suceava (former capital), Galati (main port) and Chisinau.

2. Moldavia, as well as the sister principality of Wallachia were tributary (protectorates) states towards Ottoman Empire, but very often, the princes had their own diplomatic agenda, which sometimes was against their suzerain (eg. Dimitrie Cantemir fought allied with Russia against Turkey; Constantin Brancoveanu fought against Hapsburgs, and was ready to fight against Turks allied with Russia and with his former rival, Dimitrie Cantemir) As such, Moldavia should be at start a protectorate of Ottoman Turkey, but with very good relations with Poland and Russia (and probably Hapsburgs)

3. Ruler - Antioh Cantemir (?-1726), heir - Dimitrie Cantemir (1673-1723)
    Generals - Ioan Neculce, Hetman Bogdan Lupu, Vornic Nicolae Costin, Maxut (serdar), Antiohie Jora
    Boyars- Mihai Racovita, Lupu Costachi, Vasile Costache, (visternic) Iordache Ruset, (spatar) Ilie Enache-Tifescu, Nicolae Costin,

4. Among the units textures that could be used are those of Cossacks (both cavalry and infantry), pandours, Kalmuks (light archers cavalry)

We are making the mod about the other period in 1800-1900 russia was a enemy for moldova .. they tuked moldova in 1812.. but after a few years gived back .. but about the units i am agree ! +
    the polish in 1500-1600 where enemis to ... they foght whit Shefan the Great Mihai The Brave.. so thtas from 14** - 16** (citeste in wichipedia acolo este foarte multa informatie despre perioada aceasta )

so we shood make the relations like this ... Otoman empire - enemy
    Russia - enemy
    Principalietis of Walahia - aliied
    Principalitis of Transilvania- aliied
    Hungary (good relations not aliied )
    Poland-lithuania ( bad relations )

inzaghi4ever's Avatar Libertus

First of all,Romania the country itself was not formed until 1859,when the Union betwenn Wallachia and Moldova ocurred,but that does not mean that we were not Romanians before,we allways were.second,Wallachia was not a duchy or anything that small,it was a Principality just like Moldova and Transilvania.thirdly,allies with the hungarians and austrians?! :laugh: vadik I see you are a little brain washed my Romanian brother...you seem to have in your head that "moldovan nation,language,people" that stalin created to separate us,and unfortunately it had quite a succes in the head of a lot of Romanians from Basarabia.I see you say that the units of Moldova should have russian units because they had many things in common just by being neighbours...who says that?! stalin and lenin himself maybe :laugh: .OUR ROMANIAN units from Wallachia and Moldova were the same for many hundred of years,divided into 2 hosts: the small host "Oastea cea Mica" and the large host "Oastea cea Mare".the first was comprised of the boyars and the voievod,and the second was the army of the whole country,made of anyone who could bear arms.so the units should be variated,made of peasants under arms,squires and small boyars,boyars mounted and dismounted,some artillery and of course some unique units for example the guards of the Voievod;the famous Dorobanti etc.

ps:mircea said it very well overall,nice job brother!

pss:vadik,russia stole Basarabia in 1812 and did not give it back freely just like that,like you said,it was thanks to our soldiers who lost their lives in the first world war that our great national ideal was fullfiled and Greater Romania was finally reality in 1918! but of course,the russkies never renounced it,and in 1940 stole it again(this time by force,and killed,deported and tortured so many thousands of Romanians),we recovered it with the blood of our soldiers for 3 years(1941-1944)and again after ww2 when they butchered Basarabia and Northern Bucovina by giving some parts of it to Ukraine.and even now,after the fall of communism,we are still divided,and unfortunately in the head of many of our brothers over the Prut there still exists the plan of stalin to create a moldavian nation,language,people...

psss: the maps and flags suggested above are...completely wrong to say the least...I will come back with the true maps of the Principalities and the flags they used!
    Last edited by inzaghi4ever; October 14, 2009 at 02:04 PM.

mircea's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by vadik15 View Post
    We are making the mod about the other period in 1800-1900 russia was a enemy for moldova .. they tuked moldova in 1812.. but after a few years gived back .. but about the units i am agree !
    As far as I know, currently, it is very hard (if not impossible) to make a mod starting later than the default starting date of the game (1700 AD), like in the case of the mod ETW: The Balkan Revolution. Even more, the military history of Romanian principalities between 1716-1821 is quite unimportant.

vadik_1st's Avatar Tiro

hmm i have a mod that starts in 1790.. so i donth tink thas inposible ..

vadik_1st's Avatar Tiro

dude.. the moldova dident get independes .. in ww1 but .. becouse the october revolution ! in 1917 but .. yeas thanks . to romaninas... ( moldovians are romanians ... the same history the same blood )

inzaghi4ever's Avatar Libertus

So here they are...the flags and coat of arms of the Pricipalities of Moldova and Wallachia! These are the ones that you should use,they were the historically used flags and coat of arms of the principalities!

Wallachia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Wallachia

Moldova: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Moldavia

vadik: and the same language don't forget ma bucur ca esti Roman adevarat si intelegi ce drama se petrece acum cu ceilalti frati ai nostri de peste Prut!

vadik_1st's Avatar Tiro

eu sunt de peste prut sunt din Republica Moldova

vadik_1st's Avatar Tiro

shi daka te uiti in 1 comment ai sa vez ka deja avem informatia data dar orcum ms

vadik_1st's Avatar Tiro

Hey ppl do u like the new ideas?

Great to see you have a new team member and appear to have a plan in motion. Keep it up fellow team members If you need anything else you think I can help with, feel free to ask.

Get a first taste.. There is still a lot of work to be done, so i t will take some more time.

vadik_1st's Avatar Tiro

NICE !!!! dude u pooted the generals to !! superb !!!

vadik_1st's Avatar Tiro

only pls make iasi a major city

vadik_1st's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: ROMANIA TOTAL WAR !

why?

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Get a first taste.. There is still a lot of work to be done, so i t will take some more time.
    Nice to see some progress +Rep.

Hopefully if we more or less follow the plan Vadik and I developed, it should turn into a great mod. Great work

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast